PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 7/27/04

Hangar18
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Over the weekend, the SOX were flirting with getting almost equal coverage,
but that has melted away. The big story the last few days has been the "leaking" of the fact that the Other Team .....has known and Deliberately HIDDEN the fact that their Bogus Ballpark is falling apart, and that the Cubune
has jeopardized its own fans. Wow, had it been our team, this would be screaming-headlines here in town. What was NOT KNOWN, was the fact that as This scandal has risen, the amount of Negative SoxBashing has risen also (Division is weak, Weakest division in baseball ) in the media, in a Feeble
attempt to Counter-act what is happening here. There are some of us who
say "just ignore them", this is what happens when you let things run wild for a couple decades.
The Cub Morning Zoo continues its blatant cub broadcasts and IGNORING COMPLETELY the SOX.
Cubune:
15 Cub stories
12 Sox stories
Cub-Times:
17 cub stories
15 Sox stories

Standings since Spring Training...............
CUBS 1199
SOX 860

Blueprint1
07-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Over the weekend, the SOX were flirting with getting almost equal coverage,
but that has melted away. The big story the last few days has been the "leaking" of the fact that the Other Team .....has known and Deliberately HIDDEN the fact that their Bogus Ballpark is falling apart, and that the Cubune
has jeopardized its own fans. Wow, had it been our team, this would be screaming-headlines here in town. What was NOT KNOWN, was the fact that as This scandal has risen, the amount of Negative SoxBashing has risen also (Division is weak, Weakest division in baseball ) in the media, in a Feeble
attempt to Counter-act what is happening here. There are some of us who
say "just ignore them", this is what happens when you let things run wild for a couple decades.
The Cub Morning Zoo continues its blatant cub broadcasts and IGNORING COMPLETELY the SOX.
Cubune:
15 Cub stories
12 Sox stories
Cub-Times:
17 cub stories
15 Sox stories

Standings since Spring Training...............
CUBS 1199
SOX 860
You know what I find funny is that really the Sox division is not as weak as everyone thought it was going to be at the beginning of the year. There are alot of Young teams in this division that are putting up fights against the other divisions in the AL. I still think that the sox would have a good chance of winning any division in the NL. Maybe not the central but they would be right there with the cubs.

onesox
07-27-2004, 11:47 AM
all day on the radio it has been all sox talk and same with the papers today......

alohafri
07-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Isn't it funny how the Sox are the news of the day when they LOSE.

----Mrs. Aloha

Hangar18
07-27-2004, 11:58 AM
What I find also troubling, is Chris Cubby DeLucas blatant KILEY-ISM in
which he says "even by UsCellulars already Low Standards".
Mike Kileys disciples are out in force ...............

JB98
07-27-2004, 12:45 PM
The NL Central has only two teams over .500, just like the AL Central. I think the Cubs play in a weak division too. Did anyone actually think Cincinnati and Milwaukee would play tough all year? C'mon....

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Tomorrows probable headline:

Sosa sneezes, doesn't hurt back.

Garcia throws 1 hitter.

habibharu
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
come on hangar, there has been plenty of sox talk today. Boers and bernsie literally talked nonstop sox from 10 till 1230. they even had rowand on to comment about the hunter situation. Hell, even rome's been talkin sox today!

bobj4400
07-27-2004, 01:13 PM
come on hangar, there has been plenty of sox talk today. Boers and bernsie literally talked nonstop sox from 10 till 1230. they even had rowand on to comment about the hunter situation. Hell, even rome's been talkin sox today!
What was Rome's 'take' on the situation? I only heard the parts where he was talking about the new show 'Fat Actress' with the blimpie Kirstie Alley...

habibharu
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
What was Rome's 'take' on the situation? I only heard the parts where he was talking about the new show 'Fat Actress' with the blimpie Kirstie Alley... well he basically sided with hunter, only cuz he just had him in the "jungle" last week

Uncle_Patrick
07-27-2004, 01:28 PM
What I find also troubling, is Chris Cubby DeLucas blatant KILEY-ISM in
which he says "even by UsCellulars already Low Standards".
Mike Kileys disciples are out in force ...............I read that De Luca article, too. For anybody waiting for an article about the bad behavior of fans taunting poor little Torii last night, its in the Sun-Times today. De Luca flat out states that the image of William Ligue and his stupid kid attacking Tom Gamboa crosses the mind of every player from an opposing team everytime that they come to the Cell. I guess it doesn't help that "fan violence at US Cellular" is brought up every couple of weeks by the media.

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Isn't it funny how the Sox are the news of the day when they LOSE.

----Mrs. Aloha
They are home against their main rival. They did lead off the NBC 5 sports last night.