09-29-2001, 07:49 PM
:gun
Where am I?

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
:crede:rowand
"SONAVA....."

As far as Rowand goes I was reading an article the other day saying that his shoulder was hurt more then the Sox let on. I think it was the Trib. Aaron is planning on playing winter ball in the offseason.

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:gun
Where am I?

I know why didn't Juilo get called up?

Chisoxfn
09-29-2001, 08:43 PM
Think, Jerry can't make room for a perfectly good outfielder that can hit in Rowand. WHo thinks he'd actually make room for a guy who hits as bad as Todd Hundley, with less pop.

Also, Jerry needs to get his head out of his ass and have Crede playing, he is a good hitter, and quickly developoing and I'd take him any day over Jose at 3rd.

Why Jerry Why???????

Viva Magglio
09-29-2001, 08:50 PM
As that New Jersey guy in the Budweiser commercials says...

"Jerry-Jerry-Jerry-Jerry....Jerry-Jerry-Jerry-Jerry..."

GASHWOUND
09-29-2001, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
:crede:rowand
"SONAVA....."

Rowand who??? What are you talking about. Singleton has been killing the ball and should be our CF for next year. We already have enough young righthand hitters on this club. Singleton is also better with the glove. JM wants Leifer to play 3rd to see what we have. He might become our 3rd baseman next year and him playing there gives him more glove experience.

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Rowand who??? What are you talking about. Singleton has been killing the ball and should be our CF for next year. We already have enough young righthand hitters on this club. Singleton is also better with the glove. JM wants Leifer to play 3rd to see what we have. He might become our 3rd baseman next year and him playing there gives him more glove experience.

I disagree on Singleton and I'll leave it at that.
Just because Manuel wants to see him at 3rd doesn't mean he should be there. If Manuel wants to see him there how about playing him there? He's playing Valentin there so he must not want to see him there that much. Liefer is going to play 3rd base in winter ball to get some experience. I'm sure he'll battle Crede for the job in spring training. It just wouldn't be the Sox unless we had someone playing out of position. Joe Crede is 3rd basemen he has been playing 3rd for years let give him a shot at playing 3rd. Not Liefer who has played 1st and Left.

Tragg
09-29-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Singleton has been killing the ball and should be our CF for next year.

Singleton belongs OFF THE TEAM. He is not a good hitter. He has been "killing the ball" against bad pitching. He absolutely refuses to take a walk and is a major contributor to our woeful on base percentage.
I admit, rowand doesn't look like a cf - that and ss is where we need major upgrades.
But let's not let the foolsgold of the last month of the season affect where this club needs to be to start next season. Yes, had manuel not wasted spring training and used it to prepare this team, we might not have gotten off to such a poor start and might be in the race. But even if we still had a shot to win our division, we are light years behind NY, the As or the Ms. You don't get there with claytons and singletons in yoiu lineup.