PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to "get back" at Minnesota for the Hunter hit on Burke?

Viva Magglio
07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Torii Hunter's hit on Jamie Burke last night reminded me of the 1985 hit Ken Stills (IIRC) put on Matt Suhey. I think we have to engage in some form of retaliation. But what really is the best way?

Uncle_Patrick
07-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Crushing the Twins in the next two games. Taking out their catcher on a close play at home might also be nice.

cheeses_h_rice
07-27-2004, 10:23 AM
By winning the next 2 games, and going on to win the division.

EOT.

Jerko
07-27-2004, 10:24 AM
If fat-ass LeCroy is catching the Sox will just get another injury if they try to barrel him over.

doublem23
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Winning the next two games, first and foremost, and if the situation should present itself that a Sox runner can run over the Twins' catcher, that would be nice.

But kicking the **** out of Minnesota these next two days is critical.

cubhater
07-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Beat these bums and if the chance presents itself, take out their players cleanly with good hard-nose baseball.

Tmar281
07-27-2004, 10:29 AM
all 4:Rocker:

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Amen brother!

jabrch
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Hit meintkewicz on his oft broken hand...

Huisj
07-27-2004, 11:22 AM
that's the best "smiley" face ever.

joeynach
07-27-2004, 11:23 AM
I would say boo the heck out of Torii's hard knock ghetto, from the hood claiming ass and heckle him to get under his skin (legitimatly though). If we want to retaliate lets beat the twins ace, beat up on him with our bats and get a nice 8 or 9 run performance. That will shut them up and give a little payback. Our job is to get behind our guys tonite and get unders the twins players skin. Lets be loud and cheer the heck out of our guys and especially Freddy and Boo the heck out of Torii and get into his head, its called the home field advantage.

DaveIsHere
07-27-2004, 11:26 AM
I would say boo the heck out of Torii's hard knock ghetto, from the hood claiming ass and heckle him to get under his skin (legitimatly though). If we want to retaliate lets beat the twins ace, beat up on him with our bats and get a nice 8 or 9 run performance. That will shut them up and give a little payback. Our job is to get behind our guys tonite and get unders the twins players skin. Lets be loud and cheer the heck out of our guys and especially Freddy and Boo the heck out of Torii and get into his head, its called the home field advantage.Good Plan I will Scream my lungs out and cheer them on through the TV, but they will hear me

daslobo
07-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Although I don't respect him as a man (racist) I respect the way Ty Cobb played baseball. Cleats up all the time. That's the way the Sox need to play from now on against the twins. Hard and rough no matter what happened last night. I say rollblock or cleat every player when the opportunity presents itself. Taking out the 2B or SS is just as legal as what Hunter did and either way and we should offer no quarter from here on out. CLee did it right the other night vs Detroit and I'd like to see the same from all the players.

Soxzilla
07-27-2004, 11:33 AM
I say we beat them in the next 8 games we play against them and then take the division and then take the world series...

But if the opportunity presents itself, hit doug in his hand and then the twins have no ability to pry benson from the pirates.

....that would be like killing two birds with one stone!

*evil*

HebrewHammer
07-27-2004, 11:33 AM
How about winning?

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - Ancient Klingon Proverb

Clarkdog
07-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Beat these bums and if the chance presents itself, take out their players cleanly with good hard-nose baseball.
Amen. All this about hitting Hunter, high slides, barreling into catchers is bull.

You want to get the Twins'/Hunter's attention - PLAY HARDER AND SMARTER THAN THEY DO. The Twins are not going away - if the Sox want to win this division THEY HAVE TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM THE TWINS. If every player on the Sox showed up with the same intensity level as Everett or Rowand - they would destroy the Twins.

The Sox STILL come to field expecting to power thier way to wins with thier talent - but they always get beat by teams that play harder than they do. And you knew that was going to happen as soon a Stewart took third on Ford's week hit into left in the 1st. Baseball is not a game - it is a battle, and the team that battles hardest will always come out on top.

CJLove23
07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
As much as us pegging him would be morbidly satisfying, we should just regain our throne of first, and that's the only way we can "get him back". But that punk seriously pissed me off

Flight #24
07-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Obviously winning is the primary thing that "gets them back". But winning AND steamrolling into 2d on a grounder, AND steamrolling a catcher?

Ah, there's the real revenge. And the best part is that playing the hardnosed game including the physical aspect will help this team win.

ewokpelts
07-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm already planning my saturday night games with the twinkies(in my season seats..sec 164)....if torii thinks i was easy on him before......oh boy.....he'll wish ne never played centerfield.
Gene

Skorch
07-27-2004, 03:37 PM
...And the best part is that playing the hardnosed game including the physical aspect will help this team win.Precisely, go ahead and freight-train our catcher if there's a similar play at the plate. I personally would have no issue with it as a Twins fan. I admit I would probably be a little sore about it at first, but if it's a clean play (Which I think last night's hit was. I'm not going to get into the debate on that, other White Sox fans have made all the points I would have already) I'll get over it. Break up a double play with a hard slide if the opportunity is there.

Somebody made reference to Ty Cobb earlier, one of my favorite baseball quotes comes from him. Ty Cobb: Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest.

Ty Cobb was a p.... (rhymes with "trick") according to Babe Ruth (and history as a whole) but he loved the game and it's inherent aggressiveness. A lot of that is missing from today's game, and may be a reason for baseball's declining popularity, but that's a discussion for another day.

Blob
07-27-2004, 05:52 PM
WIN!!!!!!!

lowesox
07-27-2004, 06:17 PM
I say throw at his head. If people think that taking a cheap shot at our catcher is making a statement, then lets make a statement of our how - that we don't do things cowardly.

Then, once he ducks and covers, throw three hard ones down the middle. I'd bet a million dollars he bails out.

Lip Man 1
07-27-2004, 06:27 PM
The best way to get revenge...win the damm division and stop underachieving.Lip

gr8slickg
07-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Kick the living crap out of the Twinkies on the field!!!:angry:

TomParrish79
07-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Have sex with his wife.

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Have sex with his wife.