PDA

View Full Version : Sox Flat Last Night, Took Fans Out of Game!

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
The Sox were so flat last night. It looked like they were playing scared! it was a huge disappointment. The fans were rocking from the minute the National Anthem was over. The place was going nuts during the player intros and then all of a sudden the game began and we (the fans) were taken out of the game.

I hope we come ready to play. Minnesota sent us a huge message! We better respond tonight. I will be ready to scream my lungs out again if they give me an opportunity.

34 Inch Stick
07-27-2004, 10:13 AM
You are right, they were very flat last night. Still the game was lost in the third inning when we had 1st and 3rd with one out only to see the dreaded double play. They showed too much patience against a pitcher who simply is not going to walk batters.

It was obvious Buhrle did not have it last night. However the guy battled and did keep it close enough to win. His bad nights are as good as Loiza and SS best nights.

cbrownson13
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
I was at the game last night and actually felt the crowd pretty much sucked. It seemed the loudest I heard it all night was when most people headed in from the rain and we were left with about half the crowd there once was.

SoxFan76
07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
You are right, they were very flat last night. Still the game was lost in the third inning when we had 1st and 3rd with one out only to see the dreaded double play. They showed too much patience against a pitcher who simply is not going to walk batters.

It was obvious Buhrle did not have it last night. However the guy battled and did keep it close enough to win. His bad nights are as good as Loiza and SS best nights.
That's the first thing that crossed my mind. Buerhle was off last night, yet he still gave his team a chance to win. He left only down 3 runs. Unfortunately his teamattes couldn't pick him up. Instead they were too busy swinging for the fences trying to hit the 5 run homer, or they were grounding into DPs. Even speedy Willie got in on the DPs. That was one of the most depressing losses I have seen this year. If the Sox win this series, then I will forget about this whole game. But to get killed both in a baseball game, and having your catcher get blasted without any retaliation, the Sox sure looked like a bunch of wussies. (You know which word I wanted to use there)

Maybe, just maybe, THIS is the game that finally lights a fire under the Sox collective asses. Good Lord, a packed house against your rival and you play like that. Embarassing.

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
That's the first thing that crossed my mind. Buerhle was off last night, yet he still gave his team a chance to win. He left only down 3 runs. Unfortunately his teamattes couldn't pick him up. Instead they were too busy swinging for the fences trying to hit the 5 run homer, or they were grounding into DPs. Even speedy Willie got in on the DPs. That was one of the most depressing losses I have seen this year. If the Sox win this series, then I will forget about this whole game. But to get killed both in a baseball game, and having your catcher get blasted without any retaliation, the Sox sure looked like a bunch of wussies. (You know which word I wanted to use there)

Maybe, just maybe, THIS is the game that finally lights a fire under the Sox collective asses. Good Lord, a packed house against your rival and you play like that. Embarassing.
In the pregame notes yesterday, Buehrle was asked about his success against the Twins and he said I should feel good, but when you have had good success against a specific team you start thinking that they are due to get you.

Once I read this yesterday, I knew he was going to get hit hard and often.

SOXSINCE'70
07-27-2004, 10:50 AM
The Sox were so flat last night. It looked like they were playing scared! it was a huge disappointment. The fans were rocking from the minute the National Anthem was over. The place was going nuts during the player intros and then all of a sudden the game began and we were taking out of the game.

I hope we come ready to play. Minnesota sent us a huge message! We better respond tonight. I will be ready to scream my lungs out again if they give me an opportunity.
One team understood the importance of this game,one didn't.You decide.
Excellent post!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
One team understood the importance of this game,one didn't.You decide.
Excellent post!!:angry: :angry: :angry:Will we show up tonight and figure out Santana?

leon1973
07-27-2004, 11:11 AM
I was at the game last night and actually felt the crowd pretty much sucked. It seemed the loudest I heard it all night was when most people headed in from the rain and we were left with about half the crowd there once was.
This is an assinine comment. The crowd was huge until VERY late -- 3 hits off of Radke (throw in a couple sox GDP's)and double digit hits by the Twins off sox pitching isn't going to generate a whole lot of positive noise from the crowd. Do you honestly think the packed stands were there to NOT cheer and support the Sox?

daveeym
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I swear on these rainy crappy nights the sox look like that little league team that just wants to go home. Who cares if they scored, this game is gonna get called anyway, oh **** this game might be official, and then bam we better get our ass in gear during the 7-9th innings. very frustrating.

alohafri
07-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Buerhle should have used that hot salve again--the stuff he used on his arm (the last time he pitched?)that literally put some fire into his pitching....

--Mrs. Aloha

PaleHoseGeorge
07-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Buehrle wasn't as sharp as usual, but he is hardly the reason we lost. Our current lineup simply doesn't have very much pop in it. You can't expect to win games when you only score two runs.

We're missing Frank and Maggs in a big way. Konerko is currently shouldering more than his share of the load, but it is not enough to make the winning difference.

Help needed.

cbrownson13
07-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Do you honestly think the packed stands were there to NOT cheer and support the Sox?
No, I don't think that, nor did I say that. Maybe it was just the people around me but it seemed everyone was just sitting on their hands. Which, there obviously a reason for, but I still expected there to be more of a buzz. Of course fans came to cheer and support the Sox, and with a sellout I just expected more.

Also, I was very much distracted by the jackass in the next section over singing "Wrigley Field is falling down" (to the tune of London Bridge is falling down) all night. The first time it was funny, buy 10+ times per half inning was rediculous. And not surprisingly, it led to a huge fight.

JB98
07-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Buehrle wasn't as sharp as usual, but he is hardly the reason we lost. Our current lineup simply doesn't have very much pop in it. You can't expect to win games when you only score two runs.

We're missing Frank and Maggs in a big way. Konerko is currently shouldering more than his share of the load, but it is not enough to make the winning difference.

Help needed.
I heard some people blaming Buerhle on the train after the game last night, and that's just silly. There are nights when a pitcher just doesn't have his stuff and needs his offense to pick him up. I actually think Mark pitched like an ace last night. He had absolutely nothing, yet he kept the damage to a minimum and gave his team a chance.

We lost because we had a man at third with one out in the first and failed to score. We lost because we had first and third with one out in the second and failed to score. We need some timely hitting. That's how we won those first two games with Tigers. The last two days, we've been striking out and hitting into DPs.

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I heard some people blaming Buerhle on the train after the game last night, and that's just silly. There are nights when a pitcher just doesn't have his stuff and needs his offense to pick him up. I actually think Mark pitched like an ace last night. He had absolutely nothing, yet he kept the damage to a minimum and gave his team a chance.

We lost because we had a man at third with one out in the first and failed to score. We lost because we had first and third with one out in the second and failed to score. We need some timely hitting. That's how we won those first two games with Tigers. The last two days, we've been striking out and hitting into DPs.
Don't you think Buerhle gets enough support. When he pitches, I believe he receives 8.7 runs per game.

The fact is that the whole team looked like they just flew into town after a long road trip. They had nothing and showed no heart!

leon1973
07-27-2004, 03:04 PM
No, I don't think that, nor did I say that. Maybe it was just the people around me but it seemed everyone was just sitting on their hands. Which, there obviously a reason for, but I still expected there to be more of a buzz. Of course fans came to cheer and support the Sox, and with a sellout I just expected more.

Also, I was very much distracted by the jackass in the next section over singing "Wrigley Field is falling down" (to the tune of London Bridge is falling down) all night. The first time it was funny, buy 10+ times per half inning was rediculous. And not surprisingly, it led to a huge fight.
:smile: It was frustrating. Let's hope that tonight things turn around. I'm glad I didn't have to sit next to that jackass, although I had another jackass in front of me wearing a Kerry wood jersey and cub hat at the game heckling the sox and sox fans (not the only one doing this either). I don't get this behavior -- people like this are trying to instigate a confrontation. I understand that one is free to wear whatever they want, but this is moronic.

BeerHandle
07-27-2004, 03:11 PM

That was so annoying. I headed to the Bullpen Bar in the 8th inning. The fight must have happened right after that. That idiot was sitting right across the aisle from me. The worst was that he was yelling at the kids taking a picture.

Did the bum get thrown out?