PDA

View Full Version : Who is out there FOR THE SOX at the trade deadline?

jabrch
07-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Benson

Kendall

Beltran

Clement

RJ

Burnitz

Mackowiak

Cabrerra

Nomar

Finley

Roberts

Guardado

Mesa

Urbina

Sullivan

who else?

Cubbiesuck13
07-27-2004, 09:20 AM
the more important question in my mind is who is available to give up at the deadline?

perez?

gload?

borchard?

schoe?

Cotts?

Jackson?

anyone else? if not I don't see a deal getting done with just AAA players and I don't think that we need to go out and get someone else. We have allready made two moves that are turning out very well for us. In two months we have the chance to get two big bats back, all we need to do is play our game and wait. Two big bats and the momentum going into the playoffs is a good thing but if we don't make it to the world series we still need to be in a position to make it for the next 3-4 years and clearing out prospects now would not help our cause.

Aidan
07-27-2004, 09:38 AM
who else?Just off the top of my head... :tongue:

2B - Roberto Alomar (ARI)
P - Miguel Batista (TOR)
OF - Danny Bautista (ARI)
UTIL - Frank Catalanotto (TOR)
P - Shawn Chacon (COL)
1B - Carlos Delgado (TOR)
P - Shawn Estes (COL)
OF - Juan Gonzalez (KC)
P - Buddy Groom (BAL)
UTIL - Jerry Hairston (BAL)
1B - Dave Hansen (SEA)
1B - Shea Hillenbrand (ARI)
C - Charles Johnson (COL)
P - Jorge Julio (BAL)
2B - Jeff Kent (HOU)
P - Cory Lidle (CIN)
OF - Kenny Lofton (NYY)
P - Jamie Moyer (SEA)
P - Ramon Ortiz (ANA)
2B - Placido Polanco (PHI)
P - B.J. Ryan (BAL)
1B - Randall Simon (PIT)
OF - Matt Stairs (KC)
1B - Mike Sweeney (KC)
P - Ron Villone (SEA)
OF - Larry Walker (COL)
P - Paul Wilson (CIN)
OF - Preston Wilson (COL)
C - Gregg Zaun (TOR)

PorkChopExpress
07-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Just off the top of my head... :tongue:

2B Roberto Alomar (ARI)
P Miguel Batista (TOR)
OF Danny Bautista (ARI)
UTIL Frank Catalanotto (TOR)
P Shawn Chacon (COL)
1B Carlos Delgado (TOR)
P Shawn Estes (COL)
OF Juan Gonzalez (KC)
P Buddy Groom (BAL)
UTIL Jerry Hairston (BAL)
1B Dave Hansen (SEA)
1B Shea Hillenbrand (ARI)
C Charles Johnson (COL)
P Jorge Julio (BAL)
2B Jeff Kent (HOU)
P Cory Lidle (CIN)
P Jamie Moyer (SEA)
P Ramon Ortiz (ANA)
2B Placido Polanco (PHI)
P B.J. Ryan (BAL)
1B Randall Simon (PIT)
OF Matt Stairs (KC)
1B Mike Sweeney (KC)
P Ron Villone (SEA)
OF Larry Walker (COL)
P Paul Wilson (CIN)
OF Preston Wilson (COL)
C Gregg Zaun (TOR)
Is that all?

Aidan
07-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Is that all?No, I just added OF - Kenny Lofton (NYY) to the list above.

kittle42
07-27-2004, 11:26 AM
This thread is in need of a dose of reality.

Evman5
07-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Just off the top of my head... :tongue:

2B - Roberto Alomar (ARI)
P - Miguel Batista (TOR)
OF - Danny Bautista (ARI)
UTIL - Frank Catalanotto (TOR)
P - Shawn Chacon (COL)
1B - Carlos Delgado (TOR)
P - Shawn Estes (COL)
OF - Juan Gonzalez (KC)
P - Buddy Groom (BAL)
UTIL - Jerry Hairston (BAL)
1B - Dave Hansen (SEA)
1B - Shea Hillenbrand (ARI)
C - Charles Johnson (COL)
P - Jorge Julio (BAL)
2B - Jeff Kent (HOU)
P - Cory Lidle (CIN)
OF - Kenny Lofton (NYY)
P - Jamie Moyer (SEA)
P - Ramon Ortiz (ANA)
2B - Placido Polanco (PHI)
P - B.J. Ryan (BAL)
1B - Randall Simon (PIT)
OF - Matt Stairs (KC)
1B - Mike Sweeney (KC)
P - Ron Villone (SEA)
OF - Larry Walker (COL)
P - Paul Wilson (CIN)
OF - Preston Wilson (COL)
C - Gregg Zaun (TOR)

What is Frank Catalanotto's contract status? I thought he was signed for like a 1 yr 1 million dollar deal and he is an FA aat the end of the season. I think he would be a great help to our team at the top of the lineup.

Aidan
07-27-2004, 11:30 AM
This thread is in need of a dose of reality.The guy asked what players are available at the deadline. I listed guys that WOULD BE available. Don't be such a :dtroll: .

misty60481
07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Conine from Fla. I read if Fla. gets Walker Conine is out...

JDP
07-27-2004, 11:48 AM
The guy asked what players are available at the deadline. I listed guys that WOULD BE available....
If Houston throws in the towel soon, pry away both Beltran and Kent.

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 11:51 AM
If we got Beltran and didn't win the division, we should just terminate the White Sox as a whole or move the team to Tibet.

jabrch
07-27-2004, 11:52 AM
This thread is in need of a dose of reality.

Sure - another thread about JR being cheap and KW being stupid would do the trick - huh?

jabrch
07-27-2004, 11:53 AM
If we got Beltran and didn't win the division, we should just terminate the White Sox as a whole or move the team to Tibet.
That would also make every road trip a west coast trip. We'd be toast.

Mickster
07-27-2004, 11:54 AM
If we got Beltran and didn't win the division, we should just terminate the White Sox as a whole or move the team to Tibet.:reinsy
"Hmmmm...Would Tibet build us a stadium?"

SOXSINCE'70
07-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Sure - another thread about JR being cheap and KW being stupid would do the trick - huh?
Torn Labrum knows JR's motto:

"You can never have enough pitching,so why bother?":(: :(:

CPditka
07-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Well with the loss of our 2 big guns, I think its evident that we need to make a move for us to make any noise in the playoffs, let alone make the playoffs. I hope we do make a move, because this is going to be this teams last hurrah, Maggs will be gone, E-Lo will be gone. Next year will be a year where if we look like we are going to make the playoffs we will stay together, other wise it will be a fire sale.

Please make the moves, the future is now.

SoxxoS
07-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Well with the loss of our 2 big guns, I think its evident that we need to make a move for us to make any noise in the playoffs, let alone make the playoffs. I hope we do make a move, because this is going to be this teams last hurrah, Maggs will be gone, E-Lo will be gone. Next year will be a year where if we look like we are going to make the playoffs we will stay together, other wise it will be a fire sale.

Please make the moves, the future is now.
Yeah, are we were supposed to be contenders from 2000-2005 with our young guns Aaron Myette, Kip Wells, Jon Garland, Danny Wright and Lorenzo Barcelo.

In baseball, you just don't know. And the way E-Lo is pitching he is looking more and more like he is either a)hurt or b) A 1 year wonder. So losing him isn't a big loss. Maggs...KW will deal with that when the time comes. And Borchard is on his way to Maggs-like production after that homer yesterday.

Lip Man 1
07-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Carol Slezak in the Sun Times has an interesting column today on the Sox and the trade deadline. She also specifically mentions the fact that Sox fans are doing their part...they are showing up and fans are filling the park.

Lip

pdimas
07-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Under rumor central there is a posting saying that depending on how their series with the Phils goes the Marlins might make Carl Pavano and Brad Penny available. hmmm....

CWSGuy406
07-27-2004, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Cubbiesuck13]the more important question in my mind is who is available to give up at the deadline?

perez?

gload?

borchard?

schoe?

Cotts?

Jackson?

QUOTE]

OK - before I see this again, I want to make this clear to a lot of people here. In absolutely any frame of mind at all, no team is going to take Mike Jackson. He's what, 40 years old? Usually when teams dump players, they try to get younger, not older. Teams don't want 40 year old relievers with 5+ ERAs.

I've just seen it so many times. This isn't MVP Baseball where you can trade a whole lot of crap for one good thing.

kittle42
07-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Maybe! :smile:

wdelaney72
07-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I hope we do make a move, because this is going to be this teams last hurrah, Maggs will be gone, E-Lo will be gone.
Given recent performances, E-Lo walking isn't going to be that painful. He has not stepped up and earned a big contract for next year.

wdelaney72
07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Carol Slezak in the Sun Times has an interesting column today on the Sox and the trade deadline. She also specifically mentions the fact that Sox fans are doing their part...they are showing up and fans are filling the park.

Lip
I'm not one of the usuals that have been all over JR. But the facts are, Kenny and JR have publicly stated the need for the fans to show up to increase payroll. The fans have showed up, now it's time for the team to deliver. RJ is not coming. He's made it clear it's the evil empire or none other. If Florida goes into the tank and is ready to dump players, we better be there.

3Peater
07-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Florida paper is rumoring the Marlins are dangling Carl Pavano to the Twins, while in the Twin Cities, the Benson deal is about done, just have to agree what minor leaguer goes.

That would leave the Twins with a rotation of Radke/Santana/Pavano/Benson and Lohse/Silva.:o: :o:

Mohoney
07-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Florida paper is rumoring the Marlins are dangling Carl Pavano to the Twins, while in the Twin Cities, the Benson deal is about done, just have to agree what minor leaguer goes.

That would leave the Twins with a rotation of Radke/Santana/Pavano/Benson and Lohse/Silva.:o: :o:

They can't get both Pavano AND Benson. They will give up WAY too much depth, and will be left with quite a few players going into walk years.

Foulke29
07-27-2004, 06:02 PM
We've talked about who's available, but who can we get. Short of selling the farm, we're not going to do it with trades, so we have to look at Jerry to open the pocketbook - like he said he would. Who's out there that is available for $$$$$$$$$?

Cubbiesuck13
07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Cubbiesuck13]the more important question in my mind is who is available to give up at the deadline?

perez?

gload?

borchard?

schoe?

Cotts?

Jackson?

QUOTE]

OK - before I see this again, I want to make this clear to a lot of people here. In absolutely any frame of mind at all, no team is going to take Mike Jackson. He's what, 40 years old? Usually when teams dump players, they try to get younger, not older. Teams don't want 40 year old relievers with 5+ ERAs.

I've just seen it so many times. This isn't MVP Baseball where you can trade a whole lot of crap for one good thing.

I never said that someone would take him. in my mind the players posted above are the only ones I wouldn't mind seeing leaving chicago depending on the deal. I never said that we should trade Jackson for Johnson or anything so I think you should have kept that post for one that deserved it.

ChiSoxBobette
07-29-2004, 11:58 AM
the more important question in my mind is who is available to give up at the deadline?

perez?

gload?

borchard?

schoe?

Cotts?

Jackson?

anyone else? if not I don't see a deal getting done with just AAA players and I don't think that we need to go out and get someone else. We have allready made two moves that are turning out very well for us. In two months we have the chance to get two big bats back, all we need to do is play our game and wait. Two big bats and the momentum going into the playoffs is a good thing but if we don't make it to the world series we still need to be in a position to make it for the next 3-4 years and clearing out prospects now would not help our cause.
Add Garland to that group, let him be someone elses headache.

akingamongstmen
07-29-2004, 12:47 PM
If Houston throws in the towel soon, pry away both Beltran and Kent.
That was supposed be pink, right???

Nellie_Fox
07-30-2004, 02:54 AM
The Sox have run out of players to offer in trade. Who are you going to offer for a player of Beltran's caliber (not to mention the fact that the Astros are of a mind that they can resign him and keep him)? You can't just do the Cub fan fantasy trade thing of bundling 3 or 4 marginal players and trade them for a superstar.

ma-gaga
07-30-2004, 03:07 AM
They can't get both Pavano AND Benson. They will give up WAY too much depth, and will be left with quite a few players going into walk years.
The one rumor I heard was J.Jones for Pavano. Both are FA's at the end of the year, but I know that the Twins have one more arbitration eligible season on him. That would solve a couple of problems for the Twins assuming that Hunter/Stewart/Ford can stay healthy...

And Florida needs an outfielder.