PDA

View Full Version : Sky is falling? We are 1.5 GB, tied in loss column, long ways home ladies!

WhiteSoxFan84
07-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Come on guys, so we lose game 1 of the series, big deal. Buehrle was due for a bad outting, he gets it out of the way now. We still have played 3 games less than Minny, if we were to win all 3 of those games, we tied. We tied in the loss column. I heard on the radio that the Sox have the "2nd easiest schedule" after the Twins series. Meanwhile the Twins have one of the hardest. August will not be as important as most people think. The last 2 weeks of September will be huge (bigger than they usually are).

For those of you riding Tori Hunter, yeh I hate the guy also, but he's not a bad guy.

Also, why don't the Twins get the point that they do nothing in the playoffs, whoever plays them doesn't even worry about losing the series. Yeh, 2 years ago they went to the ALCS, but baseball was a joke that year. The Sox put fear into every team, everytime they face'em.

Eh, go Bears.

GO WHITE SOOOOOXXXX!!

Bisco Stu
07-27-2004, 12:33 AM
I fear the return of corpseball. But until we're eliminated, I'm a believer.

doublem23
07-27-2004, 12:39 AM
I can see where people are coming from because the last 3 years, the Sox have been major dissapointments in terms of late-season performance, but it is pretty brutal reading threads here most of the time. When the Sox win, you get a ton of pie-in-the-sky folk getting themselves fitted for custom made 2004 World Series rings and after a loss, you get folks who either flip out at a loss or who seem to secretly like it when the Sox lose because it confirms their inner suspicions that they're life has been wasted following this baseball team.

HebrewHammer
07-27-2004, 12:39 AM
We still have 8 games against Minnesota and a long way to go, so I am not even close to giving up yet. It would be a lot easier to be optimistic if we had Maggs and Frank in the lineup, hell, 3 weeks ago after the debacle at the Urinal everyone was ready to declare the season over, we're right back in it, next week we'll be laughing about all this "Sky is falling" talk, however the week after, courage.:gulp:

fire4725
07-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Besides, it looks like KW has got more trades up his sleeve, so we should be OK.

Win1ForMe
07-27-2004, 12:57 AM
As an admitted pessimist, I'd have to say that the 1.5 GB does not have me worried. It's the fact we're without Frank AND Maggs for at least the next 2 months, have a dreadful catcher situation, a streaky leadoff hitter, Timo Perez batting 6th, Joe Crede in the lineup, and only 2 consistant starting pitchers. Of the aforementioned problems, Frank and Magglio's absence needs to be address if we are to seriously stay in this race. Even the biggest optimist has to admit this is a rather huge problem.