PDA

View Full Version : Why have Harris and Valentin at the top of the order?

ChiSoxTony
07-26-2004, 11:09 PM
The top of the order should have good on base guys. Harris sucks, and Valentin is a power hitter who strikes out way too much to be in the two hole. Tonights lineup should have been...

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Exactly - Rowand was hot when he was hitting towards the top. Then Jerry Manuel, I mean Ozzie had to flip things around again.

he_gone_89
07-26-2004, 11:15 PM
The top of the order should have good on base guys. Harris sucks, and Valentin is a power hitter who strikes out way too much to be in the two hole. Tonights lineup should have been...

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?
I agree with Valentin being 6th becuz he's the 3-run homer king
but Dynamite Wille should be leading off.......in charlotte.

Also,Everett should be 3rd while Konerko should be 4th and Lee hitting 5th

Mohoney
07-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Yup. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of seeing Jose in the #2 hole.

Ozzie is slowly turning into Manuel, right before our eyes.

mdep524
07-27-2004, 12:04 AM

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?
Great, great post, Tony. I agree 100%. Valentin is a middle of the order, run-producer- he is NOT a #2 hitter at all. Willie...well he is useless anywhere you put him, but he certain sets a TERRIBLE tone at the top of the line up with his light hitting and timid baserunning. I do have to give him props on a nice bunt single in the 1st though- that was sweet. I would just rather see him do it either a.) from the 9 hole or b.) in Charlotte.

I like the line up you have, and I hope that becomes the Sox everyday line up for the time being (except, obviously, for a few changes against lefties.)

Win1ForMe
07-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Agree with this too. Jose's OBP is much too low for him to bat 2nd. Besides, one can't hit a 3-run HR with low OBP guys like Crede and Burke/Alomar/Davis hitting in front of them.

mdep524
07-27-2004, 12:25 AM
One other thing- I wouldn't mind having Rowand at the top of the order, but dear God do not make him bunt!!!!! He flat out cannot bunt, and it is so frustrating to see him try to jab at the ball when all it does is waste a strike for him in his at bat. If he does happen to make contact with the ball, its a pop up anyway, so just give up the whole pretense of bunting! Thank you.

joeynach
07-27-2004, 09:23 AM

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?
I was thinking the exact same thing myself last night. I am sick of Joes in the #2 hole. That spot is for speed, bunting, and hitting for average. Jose cant do any of the above. I think Rowand is perfect for the #2 spot, he just needs to bunt a little better. Jose is a great #6 hitter as he is the strikeout and clutch home run king.

Harris/Uribe
Rowand
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentine
Crede
Borchard/Perez
Alomar/Burke

Malgar 12
07-27-2004, 10:01 AM

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?

Uribe instead of Harris,
then flip flop Uribe and Burke
and you're on to something

ma_deuce
07-27-2004, 11:21 AM
:manos

"I'm hitting in the #2 spot because of my awesome bunting ability!"

WikdChiSoxFan
07-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Does anyone think this is absolutely nuts? Is there any value to Thighmaster being in this spot?

It's just in my uniformed opinion that the K-king should be later in the order where he can be comfortable in his "Meister of the 3-run shot" role.

But what the heck do I know. I listen to SAP.

SoxOnTop
07-28-2004, 09:30 AM
:weewillie

"Don't mind me and my .352 OBP. Not to mention my .378 OBP against right handers."

Get off of Willie. He's doing a fine job at the top of the order. You guys are nuts.

Dan H
07-28-2004, 09:37 AM

Rowand
Perez
Lee
Everett
Konerko
Valentin
Crede
Burke
Harris

What do you guys think?
I agee completely. How many times do we have to see the 3-4-5 guys come up with no one on base? I am not one who wants to blame Guillen for everything, but it is time for him to wake up on this one.