PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cheeses

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 11:47 AM
What are your thoughts on the Moron's column today? The column is posted in a thread below.

:moron
You lost to KC! Losers.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2001, 12:00 PM
I gotta say, Jerry, that that was the best laugh I've had in at least a month. I was howling at some of the maudlin weepiness the Moron lays down at the beginning of the column.

Can someone please explain to the Moron the difference between a player like Cal Ripken and one like Sam-ME, who seemingly would expire if he went 2 weeks without national attention being focused on him?

It's classic Moron: bashing Sox fans, ladling yet more "America's team" bullsh*t on the Flubbies, massaging Sam-ME's ego to even higher extremes...man. That's a lot of pent-up frustration coming out in that column. I LOVE it how suddenly the Flubbies winning their division is not important and how Barry Bonds' amazing HR run (with Sam-ME a distant second) is suddenly much less important. All that really matters, after this entire season, is that Sam-ME is an excellent manipulator of the media and crowds, who is able to keep his mammoth egomania on *just* this side of "too much" (at least in the eyes of those being manipulated).

It's bizarre. It's almost as if the Moron has a personal stake in how Sam-ME is perceived in this town, like he's his agent or something. I can't imagine that more than a handful of well-informed national baseball reporters fall for his shtick quite as hard as the Moron does.

In the end, I lump the Moron in with some dopey kid like BH391 or Davedepaul or something, trolling on the ESPN board. His opinion is so much informed by a built-in hatred of Cub-bashers that he simply cannot get outside of it.

Thanks, Jerry, for the great laugh. I hadn't gotten through reading all the posts last night (I had the worst week ever at work, so I went to dinner with my girlfriend and crashed before 10:00 last night), so I hadn't seen that one yet.

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I gotta say, Jerry, that that was the best laugh I've had in at least a month. I was howling at some of the maudlin weepiness the Moron lays down at the beginning of the column.

I kind of liked the column from the other day where I believe it was you who said "Classic Moron: He's jumping off the bandwagon while saying I told ya so at the same time."