PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear DJ right...

Wanne
07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Did I hear him use the term "brain fart" on the air?!? Can't remember the play he was referring to...but I almost spit my beer through my nose! :D:

SoxxoS
07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't know, but I wish the Sox would break out those jerseys in your signature every once in a while...I am a big fan of those.

CPditka
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Those throwbacks are available on Ebay, I wish they would play in them every once in a while, I'm a huge fan of Dick.......

.......Allen

bluestar
07-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Did I hear him use the term "brain fart" on the air?!? Can't remember the play he was referring to...but I almost spit my beer through my nose! :D:
DJ did use the term on the air. I'm pretty sure it was when he was talking about Gload's baserunning blunder.

Ozzie
07-26-2004, 03:18 PM
haha yeah he did, and i've heard him say it more then once... :tongue:

Irishsox1
07-26-2004, 03:18 PM
D.J.'s call Saturday was great. When Crede hit the homerun...right away D.J. says "GAME!", then Hawk waited a second then did his "Way back!!....You Can put it on the board!" But D.J.'s "GAME" was awesome. It was so matter of fact, and calm, yet totally intense. His best HR call ever.

WillyT
07-26-2004, 03:27 PM

I heard it too. I looooove brain farts.

During Saturday's game, Hawk was musing about cotton candy: "I looooove cotton candy. Lot of carbs, though." The next instant, Valentin ripped a homer. The contrast was hilarious.

Ever heard DJ say "no bout adout it?" I've heard that little quip many times.

Ozzie
07-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Hawk: "I love email"
DJ: "You do?"

:D:

Huisj
07-26-2004, 03:38 PM
i thought the brain fart thing was when alomar swung at the first pitch and grounded out to short with guys on second and third in the 7th on saturday.

Wanne
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
i thought the brain fart thing was when alomar swung at the first pitch and grounded out to short with guys on second and third in the 7th on saturday.

That's right...that's when it was.

bluestar
07-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that was it. I'm sleep deprived, and my days are running together.

FarWestChicago
07-26-2004, 04:05 PM
i thought the brain fart thing was when alomar swung at the first pitch and grounded out to short with guys on second and third in the 7th on saturday.You are correct, sir.

BeerHandle
07-26-2004, 04:11 PM
I also heard Hawk say, "we will see if he has two stones!" I can't remember game, but it was within the last five. I was dying when he said it!

Yomarei
07-26-2004, 04:21 PM
"Double-headers suck"

-DJ earlier in the year

Of course, nothing can touch the most hilarious DJ-Hawk bit from 3 years ago. I am not gonna mention it because everyone should know it by now. Suffice to say it was THE definitive Feisty moment.