PDA

View Full Version : Monday is sold out.

jabrch
07-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Ticketmaster has some great seats that must have just been released. There's a pair at Box115, row 3. I wish I can go, but I am swamped with work.

jabrch
07-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Ticketmaster has some great seats that must have just been released. There's a pair at Box115, row 3. I wish I can go, but I am swamped with work.

The best 4 are 508, row 17, but there is at least one HOT pair in 115, row 3.

Cellview22
07-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I just noticed that too. There's also great single seats close to the field.

Does anyone else think the ticketing system is whacked? I thought it was strange that on Friday Hawk had been saying that for Sunday's game, there were more than 25,000 tickets already sold. And then on Sunday, the attendance was 26,000 and Hawk still mentioned "there was a nice walkup today". Is a little over 1000 considered a nice walkup?

I still think tonight's gonna sell out. The walkup crowd might be scared off though considering they all hear it's close to selling out. All I know is it's gonna be ELECTRIC tonight! :bandance:

CHISOXFAN13
07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
I just noticed that too. There's also great single seats close to the field.

Does anyone else think the ticketing system is whacked? I thought it was strange that on Friday Hawk had been saying that for Sunday's game, there were more than 25,000 tickets already sold. And then on Sunday, the attendance was 26,000 and Hawk still mentioned "there was a nice walkup today". Is a little over 1000 considered a nice walkup?

I still think tonight's gonna sell out. The walkup crowd might be scared off though considering they all hear it's close to selling out. All I know is it's gonna be ELECTRIC tonight! :bandance:

Today's line outside the park before thr windows opened was the longest I have ever seen at that hour outside of first day of sales and when playoff tickets go on sale.

This game will be soldout early this afternoon.

Cellview22
07-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Sweet! Good to hear.

Nothing better than a sellout crowd and a big Sox win.

SoxFan78
07-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the post, I snagged up the Sec. 115 Row 3 Seats. Very nice, I will be wearing my Thomas jersey with pride

jabrch
07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the post, I snagged up the Sec. 115 Row 3 Seats. Very nice, I will be wearing my Thomas jersey with pride

NICE!

I wish I could have taken them when I saw them - but I am swamped today. Enjoy!

CHISOXFAN13
07-26-2004, 11:44 AM
As of 11:43 a.m., tickets are no longer available on TM.

The game is sold out!!!!!!

JoseCanseco6969
07-26-2004, 11:47 AM

damn, i was just about to get those new 100 level tix, oh well, i guess i'll have to settle for section 508 as long as I dont hear Homefish yelling "Twins are awesome" or "stick a fork in us, we're done"

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 11:48 AM

Yep. Sold out. Not even individual tickets are there. GO SOX!!!

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Hopefully JR will notice this little trend of increased ticket sales and tell KW to go out and get some trades done before the deadline. He knows this will be the biggest year for attendace since 94 so he has no excuse not to go out there and get us some players. One more hitter, and one more pitcher. That is all we ask for. Now hopefully we get them.

I also wonder what the media will say about today. Will they poke fun at us and say this is the first non opening day, non Cubs game weekday game that we sold out in years? Or will they say that the Sox are simply drawing well? Who knows and who really cares. All I care about is JR realizing that the rest of the games this year will easily average over 31,000 fans a game, and if he goes out and nabs a few more big players, that number should go up to about 35 to 36,000. Come on Jerry, lets go get them.

SoxxoS
07-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Anyone know the attendance figures compared to last year?

jabrch
07-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Hopefully JR will notice this little trend of increased ticket sales and tell KW to go out and get some trades done before the deadline. He knows this will be the biggest year for attendace since 94 so he has no excuse not to go out there and get us some players. One more hitter, and one more pitcher. That is all we ask for. Now hopefully we get them.

I also wonder what the media will say about today. Will they poke fun at us and say this is the first non opening day, non Cubs game weekday game that we sold out in years? Or will they say that the Sox are simply drawing well? Who knows and who really cares. All I care about is JR realizing that the rest of the games this year will easily average over 31,000 fans a game, and if he goes out and nabs a few more big players, that number should go up to about 35 to 36,000. Come on Jerry, lets go get them.
Not only are we sold out today, but tomorrow looks good also!

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
According this this site (http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsBBA/BC-BBA-STAT-CHWHITESOXATTCOMP-R.html), we are up 14% vs. last year.

Tekijawa
07-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Anyone know the attendance figures compared to last year?http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsBBA/BC-BBA-STAT-CHWHITESOXATTCOMP-R.html

Keep in Mind that they counted the 2 rain outs as ZERO attendance so they are a little Skewed.

anewman35
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
I also wonder what the media will say about today. Will they poke fun at us and say this is the first non opening day, non Cubs game weekday game that we sold out in years?
It's not, is it? I could swear we sold out some of those monday/tuesday games late against KC last year (and in a much bigger ballpark).

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
So far this year we are averaging 24,694. Through the first 46 home games last year we were averaging 20,605. The differece is 20%. That is pretty big over a one year period. Here is the link. I had to do a little figuring because they count our two rainouts this year as zero attendance. I don't know why, but they do.

http://slam.canoe.ca/StatsBBA/BC-BBA-STAT-CHWHITESOXATTCOMP-R.html

BeerHandle
07-26-2004, 12:15 PM

I don't think it is sold out. Did you try to buy online, is so they stop selling online about six hours before the game.

I do think it will be a huge crowd!

BeerHandle
07-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Not only are we sold out today, but tomorrow looks good also!
I just checked for tomorrow and I could get 4 together in sections 535, Row 10. Still a ways to go to be sold out, but I do think tomorow will be sold out and tonight will be about 35,000.

The question is for Wednesday's day game.

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't think it is sold out. Did you try to buy online, is so they stop selling online about six hours before the game.

I do think it will be a huge crowd!
They stop selling four hours before game time. I checked 8 hours before. Also, read some of the earlier posts. Someone was there to get tix this morning. He said the line outside the ticket window was the longest he has seen besides playoff ticket days, and the first day tickets go on sale. They are sold out. Believe me.

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I just checked for tomorrow and I could get 4 together in sections 535, Row 10. Still a ways to go to be sold out, but I do think tomorow will be sold out and tonight will be about 35,000.

The question is for Wednesday's day game.
Check out the Upper Reserved for Wednesday. There are only three sections 6 sections left up there. Three in the right field corner and three in the left field corner. There are still some lower bowl tickets left, but not that many. Hawk also said yesterday that there were almost 29,000 tickets sold for Wednesday. This is because of all of the Upper Reserved being bought. So with a walkup of only 5 to 6 thousand for Wed., a reasonable estimate, we should have close to a sellout. 35,000ish.

BeerHandle
07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
They stop selling four hours before game time. I checked 8 hours before. Also, read some of the earlier posts. Someone was there to get tix this morning. He said the line outside the ticket window was the longest he has seen besides playoff ticket days, and the first day tickets go on sale. They are sold out. Believe me.Then it will be rocking!!! I will be there with my "Sox Eat Twinkies" sign!

Scotty347
07-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think its great that today's game will be a sellout and there is an upward trend in ticket sales - but it is a half-price game.

If we sell out Wednesday's game - or get 35,000+ I will be VERY impressed.

BeerHandle
07-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think its great that today's game will be a sellout and there is an upward trend in ticket sales - but it is a half-price game.

I will be there!

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 12:29 PM

Oh, we will definately come close to 35,000 for Wed's game. We are only six thousand short of that now.

gosox41
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=WSox8404]Hopefully JR will notice this little trend of increased ticket sales and tell KW to go out and get some trades done before the deadline. He knows this will be the biggest year for attendace since 94 so he has no excuse not to go out there and get us some players. One more hitter, and one more pitcher. That is all we ask for. Now hopefully we get them.

QUOTE]

No matter what trades are made or not made before the deadline, 80% of the people here will say JR didnt spend enough.

Bob

bennyw41
07-26-2004, 12:37 PM

Yes it is half-price night. But more importantly, I belive Olivo DID have kidney stones in Chicago.......tsk tsk

JRIG
07-26-2004, 12:39 PM
It's not, is it? I could swear we sold out some of those monday/tuesday games late against KC last year (and in a much bigger ballpark).
Yes, one of the Monday KC games last year was a sellout. Sometime in June or July I believe.

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=WSox8404]Hopefully JR will notice this little trend of increased ticket sales and tell KW to go out and get some trades done before the deadline. He knows this will be the biggest year for attendace since 94 so he has no excuse not to go out there and get us some players. One more hitter, and one more pitcher. That is all we ask for. Now hopefully we get them.

QUOTE]

No matter what trades are made or not made before the deadline, 80% of the people here will say JR didnt spend enough.

Bob
True, but still he needs to spend a little more this year. We are so close. When you think of the extra money he is getting from tickets alone, 4,000 a game*25 dollar average ticket*46 games, this equals 4,600,000$. Then with parking and food, this number would reach close to 9 million. Then if you add in the remainder of the home games, we are talking 15 more million at the least.

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-26-2004, 12:41 PM
I will be there tonight with 9 other people! :dtroll:

gosox41
07-26-2004, 12:55 PM
True, but still he needs to spend a little more this year. We are so close. When you think of the extra money he is getting from tickets alone, 4,000 a game*25 dollar average ticket*46 games, this equals 4,600,000$. Then with parking and food, this number would reach close to 9 million. Then if you add in the remainder of the home games, we are talking 15 more million at the least.
I see you're thinking. But you have to look at the flip side. The Sox raised their payroll from $52 mill. in 2003 to $63-64 mill for 2004 Opening Day. That's over 20% increase in one year. Since then they've spend $3.5 mill on Freddy. Seattle paid for Ben Davis and I guess Montreal paid for Everetts remaining salary though I thought they only gave the Sox $500K.

So now the payroll is around $67 mill. How much of that original $63-64 mill. factored in an increase in attendance due to last year's tight pennant race? I have a feeling a lot of that is built in.

I hope the Sox add a lot to their payroll. A lot of it may have to do with how advanced sales look the rest of the season. Sure this week should have nice crowds. But it would probably make ownership more secure and likely to spend if they know that even if this team falls out of a pennant race (it's going to be hard to maintain this without Frank or Magglio but certainly not impossible) there will be fans there to support this team after labor day. And I don't mean those stinking 17K fans that show up for each game of the last home stand. If the Sox knew they were going to average let's say 30K (I'm making that number up but it would push us well over 2 mill. fans) for the rest of the year I think management would spend more.

Bob
Bob

nasox
07-26-2004, 01:07 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040726soxtickets,1,4575249.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

It is sold out.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040726soxtickets,1,4575249.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

It is sold out. :moron

Apparently there has been some mass confusion in light of the problems with falling concrete at Wrigley Field. It appears that the loyal and diehard following of Cubdom jumped the gun in buying tickets for games at US Cellular, thinking that their beloved heroes would be playing tonight.

Quite understandable, if you ask me.

Foulke You
07-26-2004, 01:21 PM
:moron

Apparently there has been some mass confusion in light of the problems with falling concrete at Wrigley Field. It appears that the loyal and diehard following of Cubdom jumped the gun in buying tickets for games at US Cellular, thinking that their beloved heroes would be playing tonight.

Quite understandable, if you ask me.
LOL! :)

nasox
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Sold out completely. Don't come to get walk-up tickets as there won't be any.

Link:

Tekijawa
07-26-2004, 01:31 PM
This only makes me wish the upperdeck was steeper!

Ozzie
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
good, a packed house will get to see buehrle through a perfect game:wink:

fledgedrallycap
07-26-2004, 01:37 PM
It's all the Twin fans coming down...:tongue:

VeeckAsInWreck
07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
This only makes me wish the upperdeck was steeper!:reinsy
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You fools! Now you have less seating and osbtructed view seats!

Tekijawa
07-26-2004, 01:39 PM
The last time I went to the game the Neighborhood had gotten much better from the begining of the year.

rmusacch
07-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Oh, we will definately come close to 35,000 for Wed's game. We are only six thousand short of that now.
Isn't Wednesday a day game?

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Isn't Wednesday a day game?
1:05 start time, so yes you are correct.

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 02:08 PM
:moron "Come on people. We all know that half of the fans there today will be Minnesota fans, and a half of the other half will be Cub fans just getting a feel for the new park they might have to play in. Yeah right. The Sox sellout a game with actual Sox fans. Get real."

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2004, 03:30 PM
:moron

Obviously, the Wrigley-inspired ivy in center field is working its magic, gracing the bland ballmall down south with a touch of North Side class.