PDA

View Full Version : Randy Johnson preparing to leave...?

kjhanson
07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
"Johnson appears to be of that opinion as well (last night was final start), as he signed autographs for teammates after the game."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/thebuzz/

samram
07-26-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm still not seeing who is going to trade for him. The DBacks don't like any Yankee minor leaguers. So there's two possibilities for him to end up with the Yanks: 1) They trade Posada, which could happen, but he would be a big loss, or 2) they find a third team with prospects to get to the DBacks. The problem with #2 is I don't know who would help the Yankees, and what do the Yankees give up? Maybe it's a combination of 1 and 2.

Kilroy
07-26-2004, 01:01 PM
I could easily have missed this since I was away on a fishing trip, but when did Johnson agree to waive his no trade clause? Or did he?

samram
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I could easily have missed this since I was away on a fishing trip, but when did Johnson agree to waive his no trade clause? Or did he?
It sounds like he will only do it for the Yankees. Although he could change his mind if he's desperate enough to get out of Arizona.

fledgedrallycap
07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
I also heard Steve Finley has a second bag with him expecting a trade in the middle of their road trip.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Who is his first bag?

Tekijawa
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Who is his first bag?
I don't know but I heard it's full of wonderful herbs!