PDA

View Full Version : What we need to do at the games vs Twinkies

Cuckdafubs
07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Here is what I need all people reading this post and who are going tonight to do...stand when they play the video before the game...cheer as loud as you can the WHOLE time...yell, scream, swear, do whateva u got to do to pump everyone up...wear your sox gear...get the people around pumped up, high fives, tell em to stand up...if we can do this stuff, with the crowd and energy we r gonna have and the way we can hit and buerhle can pitch, we could blow them out, i wanna sweep and we gotta make that happen

sendimjoey
07-26-2004, 11:34 AM
I've always thought that we should stand as soon as the video inspired by "The Natural" comes on. Great suggestion.

:bandance:

Foulke You
07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
I have a feeling there won't be a need to motivate Sox fans tonight. I think the crowd is going to be plenty jacked up for tonight's AL Central showdown.

HomeFish
07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
How do you guys feel about Thundersticks?

I got a few at yesterday's soccer game at Soldier Field with the idea that I could bring them today. I've never seen them at the Cell before, and, assuming they do not get confiscated at the door (which they probably will), this may represent the first use of them at Sox games.

Do you find them annoying or nifty?

Foulke You
07-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Do you find them annoying or nifty?I personally can't stand them. It is artificially generated noise and by the end of the game, they give you a headache because you inevitably have some kid who is banging them the entire game right behind your ears. I prefer good old fashioned crowd noise. I was at a couple Chicago Wolves playoffs games where they passed those things out and I was thankful no Sox marketing person has decided this was a good idea for us. Sox fans are plenty loud as it is, we don't need accessories.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2004, 12:59 PM

I got a few at yesterday's soccer game at Soldier Field with the idea that I could bring them today. I've never seen them at the Cell before, and, assuming they do not get confiscated at the door (which they probably will), this may represent the first use of them at Sox games.

Annoying as hell. They should be left at soccer games!!!!

LongLiveFisk
07-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Annoying as hell. They should be left at soccer games!!!!
Second me on that one...no thundersticks!!

kittle545feet
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
i agree, leave them at the soccer game. but other than that, i agree! lets make some noise tonight. a sweep might send us on our way!:bandance:

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 01:26 PM

Wow homefish, you are pumped. We don't see this side of you too often. I like it.

bennyw41
07-26-2004, 01:45 PM
i agree, leave them at the soccer game. but other than that, i agree! lets make some noise tonight. a sweep might send us on our way!:bandance:
I wonder if Brooks has anything special to roll out tonight, knowing how big of a crowd/game it is going to be.

oeo
07-26-2004, 02:19 PM

I find them kind of annoying, but I think it sounds cool from at home with all that noise. It even looks cool when everyone has them like the Angels did in the World Series a couple years back.

Foulke You
07-26-2004, 02:24 PM
During the 1993 AL West run and the 2000 run, they handed out actual White Socks with the Sox logo on it to wave around. Sort of like a homer hanky. I always thought that was cool. Maybe they'll do something like that later this year.

skobabe8
07-26-2004, 04:17 PM

NO!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

medlaker24
07-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I remember the Angels had them when they won the series. They were so @#$% annoying!! That and the stupid Rally Monkey. @#$R# that thing was annoying too.

he_gone_89
07-27-2004, 06:58 PM
I remember the Angels had them when they won the series. They were so @#$% annoying!! That and the stupid Rally Monkey. @#$R# that thing was annoying too.
man,a great giants commerical would be if barry bonds hit that monkey with a thunderstick:D: :D:

Anyway,I think it would be a good idea. I was at the game last night in the upper deck behind the twins' dugout,and NOBODY was making any noize. A handfull of people were clapping when we had a full count,but nothing more.
Then once the rain came,people started scattering like witches and warlocks trying not to melt.

I lost my voice screaming and cheering saturday and I risked blowing out my vocal chords cheering on the sox yesterday until the final out,despite the loss.

if people aren't gonna make noize and cheer,then i vote no on the thunderstix.
BUT,if some fans like myself are willing to help this ballclub win a title,then I suggest that Mr. Boyer and all of the marketing staff need to bring thunderstix to Sox Park

Nick@Nite
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I always liked to scream myself hoarse. :tongue:

Nick@Nite
07-27-2004, 07:42 PM
I have a feeling there won't be a need to motivate Sox fans tonight. I think the crowd is going to be plenty jacked up for tonight's AL Central showdown.If the crowd at tonight's game is as amped as I am right now, we'll be okay;

1. Jock Rock blasting on my stereo
2. Natural Light flowing :gulp:
3. Freddy on the bump tonight
4. The Sox are due for some bigtime offense... in fact, everytime the Sox score, I'm doing 30 pushups on my living room floor. Gotta establish positive waves!
5. Getting my mlb.audio cranked up

The chat room should be rockin'... LET'S GO PEOPLE!

GO SOX!!!
:supernana: