PDA

View Full Version : Sox will sweep Twins

WhiteSoxFan84
07-26-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm back with yet another positive thread :)

We have our "Big 3" going in this series and our offense will be productive against Radke (didn't he give up 7 runs last outting vs. Sox?) and Santana (way overdue for a bad outting) and Silva (jury still out on this kid, is he any good?). Buehrle and Garcia will pitch good enough to win (if not lights out), and Loaiza will have one of his best starts of the year on Wednesday (8 IP, 2 ER, 8 Ks). Sox sweep the Twins and take a 2.5 game lead (which hopefully they hold for longer than 3 days).

GO WHITE SOX!

HomeFish
07-26-2004, 01:57 AM
and Silva (jury still out on this kid, is he any good?)

So far, Silva can be summed up as such:

Against the rest of MLB: Lights-Out.
Against the White Sox: Gasoline

OEO Magglio
07-26-2004, 02:04 AM

We have our "Big 3" going in this series and our offense will be productive against Radke (didn't he give up 7 runs last outting vs. Sox?) and Santana (way overdue for a bad outting) and Silva (jury still out on this kid, is he any good?). Buehrle and Garcia will pitch good enough to win (if not lights out), and Loaiza will have one of his best starts of the year on Wednesday (8 IP, 2 ER, 8 Ks). Sox sweep the Twins and take a 2.5 game lead (which hopefully they hold for longer than 3 days).

GO WHITE SOX!You must be new around here, positive thinking isn't allowed.

3Peater
07-26-2004, 09:06 AM
So far, Silva can be summed up as such:

Against the rest of MLB: Lights-Out.
Against the White Sox: GasolineSilva is horrible against Detroit as well.

Santana due for a bad outing? The guy hasn't given up more than 6 hits in any outing since the 10 he gave up to the Sox on May 23rd.

Sox scored 8 on Radke in 6 innings last outing. Silva gave up 6, and wiggled out of some jams last time.

Buehrle gave up 8 hits in 8 innings with 7 k's last time,2 runs.

Takatsu should be thankful Mauer isn't active. double/homer, else the rest of the Twins haven't done squat.

Garcia gave up 5 runs in 6 innings vs MN in his debut with Sox. He's gotten better with each outing, so we'll see.

Loaiza gave up 3 runs in back-to-back outings vs Twins, and hasn't pitched against them since May 20th.

LongLiveFisk
07-26-2004, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=WhiteSoxFan84]Loaiza will have one of his best starts of the year on Wednesday (8 IP, 2 ER, 8 Ks). [QUOTE]

I am going to Wednesday's game so I hope you're right. I'm being very cautiously optimistic. :cool:

joeynach
07-26-2004, 09:11 AM

GO WHITE SOX!
Sweep i dont think so. I HOPE we can take two of three, but this is a weaker team since the lat we played the twins and they are stronger. Morenue and Stewart are on absoulte tears right nows. There pitching is still comparable to ours with Radke and Sanatana stacking up well against loiaza and buehrle. Remember santana only gave up 2 runs and has like 10k's against us last time, luckily we won with a uncharacteristic 1 run performance from Jon. Id say these games will come down to situational hitting and who does it best. Unfortunatly this is where im scared of the twins. Every walk or hit turns into a scarfice bunt then of course a double and a rally it seems. Hopefully our big crowds can keep them off there game and us on ours. We need big games from guys like crede, uribe, harris, and rowand. As long as they show up and we stack up againt scrappy minny's starters we should take 2 of 3.

nitetrain8601
07-26-2004, 08:41 PM
jinx, i think so

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
We need another bat in the worst way. Bring in Frank Catalanatto already!

Erik The Red
07-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah, we could use another injured Frank.

Win1ForMe
07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
:threadsucks

South Side
07-26-2004, 09:58 PM
:threadsucks

Blah, blah, blah....