PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wills Interview

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Congrats to WSI's Mark Liptak for his interview with Dave Wills. I've known Dave for several years and can vouch for the fact that he really is a regular guy. I first met Dave when he was doing play-by-play for the Cougars. My son was probably 10 or 11 at that time and not a bit shy. He strolled up to the broadcast booth and started talking to Dave, and Dave talked with him for several minutes. I've been a huge fan ever since.

In addition to the free publicity he's given WSI, he also has helped the Windy City Sox Fans tremendously over most of the decade we've been together. He has been emceeing our luncheons and holiday parties most of that time and publicizing our events on the postgame show.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I enjoyed the interview but was somewhat disappointed to hear that Willsy interviewed to be the Royals radio announcer. Can't blame the guy, though, for trying to fulfill his dream.

hose
07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Great interview Laddie:cool:

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I enjoyed the interview but was somewhat disappointed to hear that Willsy interviewed to be the Royals radio announcer. Can't blame the guy, though, for trying to fulfill his dream.
This was at least a couple of years ago. I remember when he did it because someone brought it up at dinner during a WCSF board meeting. I think most of us were secretly hoping he either wouldn't get the job or would turn down an offer.

Sorry, Dave!

JRIG
07-25-2004, 11:38 PM
This was at least a couple of years ago. I remember when he did it because someone brought it up at dinner during a WCSF board meeting. I think most of us were secretly hoping he either wouldn't get the job or would turn down an offer.

Sorry, Dave!
I also thought he had a chance at the Oakland A's job, though I may be confusing the same incident.

In addition to being a great Sox fan, Dave is about the nicest guy for a new intern/young producer to work with.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2004, 12:34 AM
<nitpick>Good interview, but can someone please correct the spelling and punctuation errors? E.g. "road" should be "rode," for one.</nitpick>

Brian26
07-26-2004, 09:53 AM

Sorry, Dave!

Exactly. Dave does such a great job that selfishly I'd hate to see him leave. Since he's such a huge Sox fan, it would be a crime to hear him working for another team.

Baby Fisk
07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Congrats to WSI's Mark Liptak for his interview with Dave Wills. I've known Dave for several years and can vouch for the fact that he really is a regular guy. Everyone keeps pointing out that Wills is a really regular guy. What's his diet?

voodoochile
07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Cool interview, Lip.

Great set of articles all the way around this week...