PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Yankmees/Carmines Sunday Night Grudge Match Thread

Viva Magglio
07-25-2004, 07:32 PM
I think I see Mayor Daley at the game. Obviously in Boston for the DNC this week, I think Hizzoner is sitting in the third or fourth row behind the left handed batter's box.

As for the game, it looks like Lowe and Contreras are "Dueling Garlands" tonight.

Nick@Nite
07-25-2004, 07:45 PM
To paraphrase Head East, the Red Sox came out "flat as a pancake".

As much as I can't stand the Yankees, it's kind of fun watching the Red Sox continually come apart like a $10 suit.

As I type this, the Red Sox just tied it up. I think I'll get comfortable to watch the seams on that suit start snapping around the 7th inning.

OG4LIFE
07-25-2004, 08:06 PM
more or less, im just really sick of yankees-redsox stuff. it seems like you start hearing about it in january and it never stops until the season over. between the bosox homers on bball tonite (gammonds, ravech are the most obvious) and all the attention this rivalry gets, im pretty sick of it. they spend way too much time on it, esp. considering that the bosox arent going to catch the yankees in the al east. and the fact that both these teams dont build their teams, but buy them (top 2 payrolls by far in baseball), makes this rivalry kinda cheesy, no?

doublem23
07-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Yankees/Red Sox?

http://www.theplunge.com/rpg/39/images/yawn.gif

samram
07-25-2004, 10:20 PM
At least with the celebrities in the crowd for this game, we've been spared the "Derek Jeter leaning on the dugout rail" cam shots, usually shown every 10 seconds. I don't know if this is the best rivalry in baseball, but it's certainly the most annoying.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2004, 10:23 PM
White Sox fans need to put aside their hatred of the Yanks and root for them from here on out. It's obvious they're going to run away with the East, so we need to worry about the BoSox in the Wild Card race. And never forget the Red Sox's ample purse for picking up players the remainder of the year -- they are our competition.

Blueprint1
07-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Redsox will win the wildcard baseball will make sure it happens.