PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Mike Jackson!!!!!!!!!!

JoseCanseco6969
07-25-2004, 08:16 PM
ahhh....that feels good to let out.
I said last night in another post, we need more of these threads until this joke of a pitcher is off the team.
JUCK FACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 08:28 PM
ahhh....that feels good to let out.
I said last night in another post, we need more of these threads until this joke of a pitcher is off the team.
JUCK FACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, he sucks. But what about Cotts? He's the one that loaded the bases with 2 outs. Besides Politte at times, Shingo, and Marte, they can all go.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Mike Jackson had a nice Spring, but he has shown me very little for the past 6 or 7 weeks. Might be time to make a move. This guy just can't get a big out.

MUsoxfan
07-25-2004, 09:33 PM
This guy just can't get a big out.
This guy can't get an out period. I read a stat on TV today that BEFORE today's grand slam debacle, that Jackson had only stranded 40% of inherited runners. FORTY FREAKING PERCENT! That's unexcusable, period. That number is probably nearing 30-33% now after one swing cleared all of his inherited runners. I saw him throw slider, slider, slider, slider in that sequence. Guess what he gave that slam up on? Indeed....slider. A one pitch pitcher that has an ungodly ERA and no ability to get anyone out should not be on the team. It pisses me off that Ozzie even puts him in because he risks EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. Time to send this clown packing to his senior community center that he must live in during the offseason.

OurBitchinMinny
07-25-2004, 09:36 PM
yeah Im not a jackson fan either, but dont forget about the douche bag who loaded the bases and let a guy walk in. Either way, our pen needs help. Outside of shingo, nobody is automatic. Marte is the second best but he is up and down too. Hopefully I havent just jinxed shingo

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Are you guys forgetting gload? that guy sucks crack! he missed a freaking po-up at the first cubs/sox sieres. I havent seen anything good from this chump :angry:

34rancher
07-25-2004, 10:08 PM
When talking about Mike Jackson and Russ Gload.....
To quote....
:wills

NEXT............... (in deepest Barry White kind of voice...)

Brian26
07-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Gload's mental mistakes are just so glaring of late. Trying to tag up from first to go to second on that flyball in the rightfield corner was just terrible baserunning. If there's any chance that its NOT going to be caught, then you have to go halfway. If it's 99% likely to be caught, then you tag up and run like hell for 2nd. Just a really dumb fundamental play that ran us out of possibly a big inning before it could get started.

alohafri
07-25-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah Im not a jackson fan either, but dont forget about the douche bag who loaded the bases and let a guy walk in.
I can forgive Cotts as he is still basically a rookie. However, Jackson is supposed to be the "wiley veteran." Well, I have seen this "wiley veteran" give up two grand slams this year to put games out of reach. If Kenny wants to cut Jackson, I'll drive him as far out of town as I can...in my trunk!

34rancher
07-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I can forgive Cotts as he is still basically a rookie. However, Jackson is supposed to be the "wiley veteran." Well, I have seen this "wiley veteran" give up two grand slams this year to put games out of reach. If Kenny wants to cut Jackson, I'll drive him as far out of town as I can...in my trunk!

After all, he is 9th all time in appearances with something like 991 (according to the scoreboard today).

Cowch44
07-25-2004, 11:23 PM
I had to go to this game:whiner:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 11:30 PM
I had to go to this game:whiner:Get over it guys! We beat em 2/3! So, A few dumb pitchers ****ed up the game. Save your crying for the twin seires..

I sure hope not

Cowch44
07-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Get over it guys! We beat em 2/3! So, A few dumb pitchers ****ed up the game. Save your crying for the twin seires..
I sure hope not Maybe you'd be sad if you could go to 2 games all season and they lost both.

JB98
07-26-2004, 12:21 AM
I'd like to see Jackson cut, but unfortunately, it's not going to happen. He was one of the veterans included in Ozzie's meeting last week, so for some strange reason, he's still held in high regard by management. However, I don't know too many "wiley veterans" who throw get-me-over sliders on 3-2 counts though. Those pitches do not work in the big leagues, and Jackson should know that. If you're going to throw a slider, throw the damn thing. Don't aim it.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we desperately need more pitching, especially in the 'pen. Most people on WSI continue to argue that we need Kendall or Beltran, but I disagree. I'm mildly concerned about our offense without the two studs, but I think we'll be OK. I'm extremely worried about our 'pen. I'm confident in Shingo, Marte and Politte when the Sox have the lead or the game is tied. However, we need someone who can come in and keep a 4-2 deficit a 4-2 deficit. How many times have the Sox been down a run or two this year in the late innings, only to have Cotts and Jackson come in with their gasoline cans and squash all hope? We can come back from 4-2, but 9-2? That's a tall order even with a healthy Maggs and a healthy Frank.

mdep524
07-26-2004, 12:26 AM
There is no question: Mike Jackson is absolutely terrible- Jaime "El Gasolino" Navarro-terrible. Tony Castillo-terrible even. But what is even stupider is the way Ozzie is using him. Clearly, Jackson could not strand an inherited runner to save his life. When he gets to start his own inning he is still bad, but he is at least serviceable.

Bottom line is if Ozzie wants to use him in close games with runners on base, he is completely and utterly worthless and he might as well bring Carlos Lee to the mound from LF. If Oz gives Jackson his own inning in mop up situations- or maybe lets him start an inning in closer games, it might be OK.

JB98
07-26-2004, 12:35 AM
There is no question: Mike Jackson is absolutely terrible- Jaime "El Gasolino" Navarro-terrible. Tony Castillo-terrible even. But what is even stupider is the way Ozzie is using him. Clearly, Jackson could not strand an inherited runner to save his life. When he gets to start his own inning he is still bad, but he is at least serviceable.
This is exactly the issue I've been preaching about, except I won't criticize Ozzie because I don't think there's anything he can do about it. We can't use Politte EVERY TIME we need a right-handed middle reliever. We need to save Cliff for days where the game is tied or we are trying to protect a lead. These woes are KW's fault, because he has yet to provide Ozzie with adequate bullpen depth.

MisterB
07-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Batters hitting against Mike Jackson:

None on: .234/.253/.481
Runners on: .360/.429/.520

That's pathetic. Basically with runners on, an average hitter suddenly becomes Ivan Rodriguez...

soxruleEP
07-26-2004, 09:59 AM
The reason we saw Jackson yesterday was Ozzie was trying to "steal" the game by not using any of the better relievers before the Twins series.

I have now seen Jackson blow two games giving up grand slams--wouldn't Wunsch be better than that?

blackjack29
07-26-2004, 10:35 AM
I wonder what Wunsch said or did that was so bad to still keep him down in Charlotte?

Mickster
07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I wonder what Wunsch said or did that was so bad to still keep him down in Charlotte?
Could he have said "Ouch, my shoulder hurts!" ???? :?:

Wanne
07-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Good Lord Oz...how long will this go on?

DaveIsHere
07-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Good Lord Oz...how long will this go on?
He is the wizard of serving it up

Soxzilla
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
:bkoch:
"It's warm in florida, my homedawg"

Rocky Soprano
07-26-2004, 01:02 PM
I hope it has nothing to do with him being close to reaching some kind of relief appereance milestone!

HE SUCKS!

My little brother could do the same job.

mcfish
07-26-2004, 01:14 PM
This is exactly the issue I've been preaching about, except I won't criticize Ozzie because I don't think there's anything he can do about it. We can't use Politte EVERY TIME we need a right-handed middle reliever. We need to save Cliff for days where the game is tied or we are trying to protect a lead. These woes are KW's fault, because he has yet to provide Ozzie with adequate bullpen depth.
Adkins? I don't know the numbers, but he can't be as bad as MJ with inherited runners. Hell, leaving Cotts in to try to get the out would have been preferable to Grand Slam Jackson.

What kills me about him is that both of the grannies he has given up so far that I can remember have only counted for 1 run against him. Will the management ever learn the obvious fact - Jackson is useless with runners on base?

mcfish
07-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Are you guys forgetting gload? that guy sucks crack! he missed a freaking po-up at the first cubs/sox sieres. I havent seen anything good from this chump :angry:
Why are we bringing up Gload? He's made some nice catches since then and he hasn't made any more errors in the field. Those errors against the Cubs were costly, but those were the only 2 errors he has made all year. So what, he's arguably blown 2 games? That pales in comparisson to the gas can Jackson brings to the mound. MJ's blown 2 games by giving up grand slams alone.

mcfish
07-26-2004, 01:28 PM
I hope it has nothing to do with him being close to reaching some kind of relief appereance milestone!

HE SUCKS!

My little brother could do the same job.
Maybe he'll retire on the mound after appearance #1000 like John Kruk did when he hit a double to get to a .300 lifetime BA.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Why are we bringing up Gload? He's made some nice catches since then and he hasn't made any more errors in the field. Those errors against the Cubs were costly, but those were the only 2 errors he has made all year. So what, he's arguably blown 2 games? That pales in comparisson to the gas can Jackson brings to the mound. MJ's blown 2 games by giving up grand slams alone.
point well given

PorkChopExpress
07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
I love how MJ manages to maintain his stellar 5-something ERA, whil all the guys pitching in front of him have their ERA's go up and up since he lets all of the inherited runners score.

3Peater
07-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Jackson was a first-half helper for the Twins 2 years ago, but faded down the stretch,and was not counted upon in key situations, as Hawkins got his confidence.

I am impressed he came back after being out of baseball last year. If this is the best the Sox can do for his role, it's not very impressive.

HebrewHammer
07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Jackson was a first-half helper for the Twins 2 years ago, but faded down the stretch,and was not counted upon in key situations, as Hawkins got his confidence.

I am impressed he came back after being out of baseball last year. If this is the best the Sox can do for his role, it's not very impressive.At least Jackson has been consistent this year.