PDA

View Full Version : Can we please trade for Steve Finley now?

Bisco Stu
07-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I'm biased cause he's a Saluki, but he's clutch and proven in the postseason. With no Hurt and Maggs, we need Finley's pop more than ever.

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'm biased cause he's a Saluki, but he's clutch and proven in the postseason. With no Hurt and Maggs, we need Finley's pop more than ever.
How about some PITCHING first? We are going nowhere in the postseason with this bullpen. Steve Finley is way down on the priorities list.

Bisco Stu
07-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Fine, lets trade Garland, Marte, Rowand and our 3 top prospects for Finley and the Unit. Both problems solved.

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 07:21 PM
How about some PITCHING first? We are going nowhere in the postseason with this bullpen. Steve Finley is way down on the priorities list.Additionally, if we are going to have to give up the prospects to get a player in the last year of his contract, Beltran makes more sense. Since we are going to have to deal with trying to resign them in the offseason, we should at least try to get a young guy, not some old D-back having one last good season in the twilight of his playing days. I have a feeling that if Maggs goes (he will) and Beltran were traded to Chicago, he may grow to like working with all the latin players and give the Sox a chance to resign him. I would think Beltran would fit much better in the clubhouse AND the lineup.

Plus with Beltran in CF, Rowand in RF, Lee in LF, Paulie at 1B and Thomas at DH, where does Everett go? Logjams are good things. One of these guys can surely bring a quality starter to replace the inconsistent Loaiza with a solid Ace#3 in a trade. Then, pick up a Santana, Clement, or Pavano off FA, and we have ourselves (with Garland), arguably the best rotation in the AL.

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Fine, lets trade Garland, Marte, Rowand and our 3 top prospects for Finley and the Unit. Both problems solved.
You'd surely be GM of the year for that one!

Bisco Stu
07-25-2004, 07:49 PM
You'd surely be GM of the year for that one!
If we won a title, the teal would be removed. Some of us ain't 13 years old, we want the friggin ring already.

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 08:00 PM
If we won a title, the teal would be removed. Some of us ain't 13 years old, we want the friggin ring already.Some of us aren't retarded, either (it's aren't, not ain't). You'd be giving up one of the only two solid guys we have in the bullpen, a CF who is cheap, young, can play D, and has a hot bat, and Garland, who is still a big part of this team's present AND future, not to mention prospects. And you'd be getting an old pitcher with a 16mil$ contract who could spend an entire season on the DL while handcuffing KW, and a FA old fart who can't hit at the top of the lineup, which is what we need. Unless Brandon Webb is in that deal and we get another set-up man somehow, it's a stupid idea.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2004, 08:02 PM
It's a moot point, according to ESPN Finley will only allow himself to be traded to either the Padres or Dodgers.

Lip

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 08:02 PM
It's a moot point, according to ESPN Finley will only allow himself to be traded to either the Padres or Dodgers.

Lip
Good. We do NOT need Steve Finley.

space_monkey
07-25-2004, 08:03 PM
rowand isnt doing too bad in there is he?

Bisco Stu
07-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah, using ain't to color up one's writing is retarded. I apologize.

space monkey, dig the handle. Fight Club rules!