PDA

View Full Version : These are not playoff caliber players....

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Jackson
Cotts
Gload
Willie Harris

Jackson: Pure and simple this guy is OLD AND BAD. Should be sent!!!

Cotts: Needs to work on a third pitch, and consistant control. Package in trade or send down. I do not feel comfortable bringing this guy in during an important game. Has good potential but we need production not potential.

Gload: Bad defense and baserunning. Average bat. NOT a playoff caliber player.

Wllie Harris: Enough is enough. I dont know what everybody sees in him but I don't see anything. This guy is a terrible leadoff hitter. He cant bunt,does not take a lot of pitches, and is a terrible contact hitter. How many times have you seen this guy come to bat with a man in scoring position and do nothing. Enough with the hype. Package as part of trade, or keep him on the bench for pinch baserunning.

These guys have cost us games and can do so in the future. They are not playoff caliber players.

balboner
07-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I've been thinking the same exact thing. Also, you could throw in a combo of Ben Davis and Sandy into that equation. KW is going to have to make minor moves to even get this team into the playoffs.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Im glad you see my point. The good thing is that these guys are not vital to our teams success. They can be replaced.

soxtalker
07-25-2004, 07:30 PM
I've been thinking the same exact thing. Also, you could throw in a combo of Ben Davis and Sandy into that equation. KW is going to have to make minor moves to even get this team into the playoffs.
Ben and Sandy don't need to be added to the equation. Davis doesn't have enough at bats to even make a judgement. Give the Sox a chance to work on his hitting. He had a hit today, not that it means anything one way or another. As long as Burke is doing well, the Sox can afford to bring him along. As many have pointed out, Sandy is almost like another coach.

Yomarei
07-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Ben and Sandy don't need to be added to the equation. Davis doesn't have enough at bats to even make a judgement. ..Speak for yourself. The man cannot hit ML pitching. And with the way our pitchers hold baserunners, his supposedly "solid" throwing won't matter. As a pitcher-handler, he has Olivo-esque rep.

Sandy is SOO done it's not even funny.

Burke is a low-.200 hitter in the minors!

Daver
07-25-2004, 07:41 PM
As many have pointed out, Sandy is almost like another coach.
Sandy also calls every game, whether he is in it or not.

JoseCanseco6969
07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
SANDY: I agree that Sandy is staying and is well worth his salary.

WORTHLESS: I think the sox should release that old piece of garbage Mike "I luv giving up Grannies" Jackson. I'd rather have ANYONE pitch besides him.

COTTS: I have more faith in Cotts, but hes not very good either

HARRIS: Play Uribe, harris is a bench player plain and simple

GLOAD: decent backup/pinch hitter...crappy outfield, good 1B..... rather have Olerud

ADKINS: Sucks or Solid, you never know which Jon you're gonna get

BURKE: Playing solid when hes gets a shot

DAVIS: Incomplete, but what else do you expect from a third catcher?

The rest of the team, I believe are a solid group of players and could go deep in the playoffs with the proper motivation. I think we all know that Jackson has to be released ASAP and put some minor leaguer or FA in his spot if a trade isnt made. KW get er' done!

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 08:31 PM
SANDY: I agree that Sandy is staying and is well worth his salary.

WORTHLESS: I think the sox should release that old piece of garbage Mike "I luv giving up Grannies" Jackson. I'd rather have ANYONE pitch besides him.

COTTS: I have more faith in Cotts, but hes not very good either

HARRIS: Play Uribe, harris is a bench player plain and simple

GLOAD: decent backup/pinch hitter...crappy outfield, good 1B..... rather have Olerud

ADKINS: Sucks or Solid, you never know which Jon you're gonna get

BURKE: Playing solid when hes gets a shot

DAVIS: Incomplete, but what else do you expect from a third catcher?

The rest of the team, I believe are a solid group of players and could go deep in the playoffs with the proper motivation. I think we all know that Jackson has to be released ASAP and put some minor leaguer or FA in his spot if a trade isnt made. KW get er' done!I completely agree with everything you said except for Harris. There's still lots of potential there, he just needs to gain some confidence - especially in his ability to steal bases and lay down a bunt. Unfortunately, a playoff race isn't the best time to do that, so I like the platoon of Uribe/Harris.

soxtalker
07-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Speak for yourself. The man cannot hit ML pitching. And with the way our pitchers hold baserunners, his supposedly "solid" throwing won't matter. As a pitcher-handler, he has Olivo-esque rep.
Well, I was speaking for myself. How would you have me phrase it? I gave my opinion and gave the reasoning behind it. Obviously, there are others who have the opposite opinion. It's a little hard to gauge the opinion of KW and his coaches, but it seems like they want to give him a chance.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Sandy is invaluable on that bench. I disagree with you 100%.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Sandy also calls every game, whether he is in it or not.
Exactly. Except for the Burke/Buehrle game last Wednesday night.

SoxFan76
07-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Everyone relax. You would of thought we won the WS last night, now everybody wants to trade every player on the White Sox 25 man roster. It will all be fine. The Sox just need to keep winning series and everything will fall into place. The Twins are not even in the same league as the Sox.

Daver
07-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Exactly. Except for the Burke/Buehrle game last Wednesday night.
Jamie only called the last two innings.

space_monkey
07-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Everyone relax. You would of thought we won the WS last night, now everybody wants to trade every player on the White Sox 25 man roster. It will all be fine. The Sox just need to keep winning series and everything will fall into place. The Twins are not even in the same league as the Sox.no kidding. its not like they can have an all-star caliber player at every position. Cmon lets have a little freakin faith here. Its just back and forth back and forth. Last night every one was hugging each other, thinking joe was the best thing since sliced bread. One or two bad games and I bet all the joe hatin threads will be back up.

soxtalker
07-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Jamie only called the last two innings.
Daver, how do you know this? (Not questioning that it is true -- just want to know where you find this type of info.)

Also, is there any difference in the way that Burke and Davis call the game as compared to the way that Olivo handled things? IIRC, this was an area that the Sox (particularly pitchers) weren't terribly comfortable with Olivo yet.

Daver
07-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Daver, how do you know this? (Not questioning that it is true -- just want to know where you find this type of info.)

Also, is there any difference in the way that Burke and Davis call the game as compared to the way that Olivo handled things? IIRC, this was an area that the Sox (particularly pitchers) weren't terribly comfortable with Olivo yet.
Watch the catcher in between pitches, you can see him look into the dugout for the sign for the next pitch. Joe Nosseck used to call games, since he is no longer around Ozzie asked Sandy to do it when he is not catching.

Sandy has been calling all the games since the season started, the Sox were not happy with the fact that Miguel was not progressing in that area.

Burke and Davis have some leeway to change calls from the bench, I don't know how much they actually use it, probably not much since neither of them have a tremendous amount of experience calling games at this level.

JoseCanseco6969
07-25-2004, 09:54 PM
One or two bad games and I bet all the joe hatin threads will be back up.
Yup I'm sure they will be, but lets hope Joe doesnt give any of his WSI haters anything bad material to work with. GO CREDE!

Yomarei
07-25-2004, 10:19 PM
One or two bad games and I bet all the joe hatin threads will be back up.You damn right there will be. There better be.

This organization is fighting for a lot of things now, we can't have .220-hitting basecloggers who can't catch a pop-up on our team. It's all about what-have-you-done-for-me-lately in the pennant/playoff push.

He is got the talent. Shorten/level the damn swing and start living in CF-RF, only turning on mistakes.

In short.....it's time for Joe, Judy, Willie and the Mexican Record Holder Man to start playing like key pieces of the World Series puzzle must. Look at Rowand's and Paulie's improvement, and LEARN something for a change.

No more excuses or silver linings. Period.