PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Tiggers vs Sox postgame 7-25-04

southsideirish71
07-25-2004, 05:49 PM
The first two months of the season he was relatively effective because people swung at the first pitch which was a slider in the dirt. Now they are being patient and now are sitting on an 86 mph fastball. How many times has he come in to give up a long home run. Felix Diaz is a better solution than this. Release this guy before Ozzie uses him in the playoffs.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 05:51 PM
This kid has horrible control and needs to develop another pitch to become a successful major league pitcher. This is not a pitcher to have on your playoff roster.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 05:54 PM
This guy has no business on this team. I know its tough to come up with the bases loaded, but to serve up an 86mph cookie is completely irresponsible. Lose this joke now!!! He is not a playoff pitcher!!!:angry:

CLR01
07-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Post em here!:angry: :whiner:

Lip Man 1
07-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Tony:

That's two posts where you talk about a playoff roster. I think with roughly 65 games left to go it's putting the cart before the horse that the Sox are even going to make the playoffs.

I spoke with an individual directly connected with the White Sox a few days ago and he admitted without prompting, that without Maggs AND Thomas it's going to be very hard for the Sox to get in.

Not trying to burst your bubble...just pointing out that with two months left in the regular season nothing is 'guaranteed,' especially when it comes to the White Sox.

Lip

Frankfan4life
07-25-2004, 06:07 PM
The game is not over yet. The Sox could still come back and win it.

Jjav829
I agree completely. I've been a supporter of most of KW's moves over the past season or so, so you know this isn't just another hater ripping KW. I love his aggressiveness, and I think he's done a good job. But, it will be near criminal for Mike Jackson to throw another pitch in a White Sox uniform and that rests on Kenny Williams' shoulders. KW said in his state of the first half speech that Mike Jackson will record big outs for this team down the stretch. Wrong! You're fooling no one Kenny and if you actually believe that, wow. He should be gone tomorrow. If we have to rely on Mike Jackson to record big outs for us, we're screwed. Everything he throws is just asking to be crushed. With only 3 more off days the rest of the year, we're gonna need to count on that bullpen spot to pitch every few days. It's not like we can stash him away for blowouts. That spot needs to be used to give other guys days off. It's time for Kenny to make another move to acquire a bullpen arm and say good riddance to Mike Jackson.

Win1ForMe
Starting this thread early I see. Game's not over yet.

chisoxfan79
07-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh well just regroup and get ready for tomorrow.

kittle42
07-25-2004, 06:09 PM
While we're at it, can someone get Ross Gload some of those Tom Emansky instructional tapes?

chisoxfan79
07-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Can Paulie get the hat trick for double plays today?

kittle42
07-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Radke, Santana and Silva v. Buehrle, Garcia and Loaiza? This should be an interesting series.

Daver
This kid has horrible control and needs to develop another pitch to become a successful major league pitcher. This is not a pitcher to have on your playoff roster.While their at it they can dump the entire starting lineup from today's game for having an off day at the plate as well.

kittle42
I said multiple times before and during the season that Ross Gload sucks. He has proven me right again and again with his brain cramps.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:13 PM
This kid has horrible control and needs to develop another pitch to become a successful major league pitcher. This is not a pitcher to have on your playoff roster.Cotts has made huge strides from last year. He has much better control then last year and you making this thread is just a reactionary thing because he had a bad game. He's definitely not the same pitcher since his start in minny imo neal is going to be one heck of a pitcher.

Frater Perdurabo
07-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Lame game.

Mike Jackson should be charged with child molestation.

Neal Cotts should be traded for Jason Kendall.

That's OK, Buehrle going tomorrow. I'm expecting a Sox win to get back into first.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Mike will be gone by July 31st, imo, atleast I hope.

Etownsox13
07-25-2004, 06:18 PM
I think that the real reason that Cotts hasn't had much success at the big league level is that he really hasn't had a role. He has been bounced from the rotation to the bullpen, and is used in long relief and short relief situations. I think if he gets some kind of specific role in the pen he will eventually be able to find a comfort zone.

OEO Magglio
I said multiple times before and during the season that Ross Gload sucks. He has proven me right again and again with his brain cramps.Ross is a very nice pinch hitter to have but he shouldn't be starting. Timo and Borch should be getting the majority of the pt in right field unless Kenny makes a move.

Erik The Red
We have 3 in a row against Minnesota, with Buehrle, Garcia, and Loaiza as the projected starters. We're in good shape.

owensmouth
07-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Garland gets the loss, and richly deserves it. Niel Koch deserves an asteric. Our "hitters" were non existant. No wonder why we lost.

balboner
Willie Harris continues to be a huge disappointment. He has 10 extra base hits this year. That's fewer than Chone Figgins has in terms of triples. Figgins is a similar player to Willie. With willie not stealing bases, he's a well-below average player.

Daver
Lame game.

Mike Jackson should be charged with child molestation.

I fail to see the logic in the reasoning behind this statement, unless you are trying to set a new standard for poor taste.

Meixner007
14 of the 22 (64%) runners Mike Jackson has inherited have scored. :angry:

1951Campbell
07-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Garland gets the loss, and richly deserves it. Niel Koch deserves an asteric. Our "hitters" were non existant. No wonder why we lost.
Neil Koch? Freudian slip...

vegyrex
07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Can't win'em all :dunno:

Tomorrow we'll start a new winning streak. :smile:

Time to kick some twinkie tale :bandance:

Acid
07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Timo was put in as PH for C Lee? anyone know why? hope he is ok, cant handle another injury.

flo-B-flo
07-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Neil Koch? Freudian slip... I like it. Neal Koch, got 2 outs then walk, hit, walk, then he hit a batter to force in a run. Thats when Jacko came in for the death blow. Its long gone now. On to the thrashing of the Twins!:smile: GO-GO SOX!!!!

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Timo was put in as PH for C Lee? anyone know why? hope he is ok, cant handle another injury.The sox were getting hammered, mine as well get timo an ab.

South Side
07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Does Jackson have any trade value whatsoever?

DaveIsHere
07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
This guy has no business on this team. I know its tough to come up with the bases loaded, but to serve up an 86mph cookie is completely irresponsible. Lose this joke now!!! He is not a playoff pitcher!!!:angry:

Agreed

South Side
07-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Tony:

That's two posts where you talk about a playoff roster. I think with roughly 65 games left to go it's putting the cart before the horse that the Sox are even going to make the playoffs.

I spoke with an individual directly connected with the White Sox a few days ago and he admitted without prompting, that without Maggs AND Thomas it's going to be very hard for the Sox to get in.

Not trying to burst your bubble...just pointing out that with two months left in the regular season nothing is 'guaranteed,' especially when it comes to the White Sox.

Lip

Well, that does it then... Time to throw in the towel if an "insider" said it! :rolleyes:
If that "insider" said they were a shoo in and were going to the World Series, would you believe that too?

oeo
The Sox have come into all of the series against the Twinkies in second place, and what happens?

WE COME OUT IN FIRST

BTW, Mike Jackson sucks.

ChiSoxTony
Lip:

When I mention playoff roster I mean the type of player that a playoff roster needs. I am not comfortable with Neil Cotts pitching in a playoff game!!!

JRIG
07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
The market for bad, old, right-handed relief pitchers who just spent a year out of baseball and have a penchant for giving up the long ball has really dried up.

cburns
07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Trade Jackson to the Marlins.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Lip:

When I mention playoff roster I mean the type of player that a playoff roster needs. I am not comfortable with Neil Cotts pitching in a playoff game!!!I think Lips point is don't worry about the playoffs until the sox actually get there, if they get there. Who knows if the sox get in, Neal might have got back into that rythm like he was in at the beginning of the year, just mowing everybody down and maybe you would be comfortable with him.

The Wimperoo
07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Maybe the Mets would want a counterpart for their bad, old left-handed relief pitcher.

SoxxoS
07-25-2004, 06:46 PM
While their at it they can dump the entire starting lineup from today's game for having an off day at the plate as well.
It seems that Cotts is having just too many "off days."

SoxxoS
07-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Is that some sort of record, b/c that is hard to do.

samram
07-25-2004, 06:54 PM
The best thing to happen to the Tigers today, Jackson and Cotts notwithstanding, is Bonderman getting ejected early. I think the Sox would have handled him. His ejection led to the Sox's greatest nemesis- the pitcher they have never seen before. As usual, that guy was made to look like a Cy Young winner.

TomParrish79
07-25-2004, 06:54 PM
We need Buehrle and Freddy to come up big over the new couple of games. Dont need a letdown, Minnesotta are already looking to pay us back from our last series together.

Go Sox!!

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
The best thing to happen to the Tigers today, Jackson and Cotts notwithstanding, is Bonderman getting ejected early. I think the Sox would have handled him. His ejection led to the Sox's greatest nemesis- the pitcher they have never seen before. As usual, that guy was made to look like a Cy Young winner.They've seen Ledezma before.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
You have to begin formulating a roster with playoff caliber players. If today was game 7 of the ALCS would you guys feel comfortable having Cotts pitch in that situation?

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
You have to begin formulating a roster with playoff caliber players. If today was game 7 of the ALCS would you guys feel comfortable having Cotts pitch in that situation?No but how do you know what's he going to pitch like come october. He's shown he can pitch up here but he has to get his confidence back.

samram
07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
We need Buehrle and Freddy to come up big over the new couple of games. Dont need a letdown, Minnesotta are already looking to pay us back from our last series together.

Go Sox!!
I think at some point Oz has to split up Buehrle and Garcia so at least one of them pitches in each series. There's no way the Sox will sweep anyone when Elo, Garland, and SS pitch because one of them will get hammered. I would say put one spot between Freddy and Mark so there is a chance they can both pitch in big three game series.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 07:01 PM
If he were pitching lights out now I would feel better about him come October. Its highly unlikely that someone with an era around 6 is going to suddenly become a shut down relief pitcher.

nasox
07-25-2004, 07:11 PM
The market for bad, old, right-handed relief pitchers who just spent a year out of baseball and have a penchant for giving up the long ball has really dried up.
just ask the choice:
:thechoice
"I don't pitch!"

Yes, what else do you not do?

TomParrish79
07-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Get him gone!!

illinibk
07-25-2004, 07:18 PM
that means 8 inherited runners were stranded. 8. How did those 8 runners not score on him? It's a miracle.

Yomarei
07-25-2004, 07:24 PM
She finds a way to lose. Did in Oakland. Tried in Texas. Stops yet another streak today with her mediocrity. Gload and Burke made nice defensive plays, otherwise it would have been worse.

Is this who we want to pitch in (possibly series-deciding) Game 3 of ALDS? 'Cuz it ain't gonna be Esteban "89 mph fastball and no location" Loaiza.

1. Get Unit. Or Pavano. Or Leiter. I don't care, the whole season is on the line, no time to **** around and go the cheap/conservative route. That not only solves the ALDS problem, but it slides Judy and Esteban into #4 and #5 spots in the regular season, and Schoeneweiss - to the pen to take Neal's spot after he is sent down to AAA.

2. Have faith in Willie - his OBP against RHP is still very good, and Aaron is our lead-man against LHP.

3. RF Burnitz is available. He'll love summer night jet streams at the Cell.

4. Gregg Zaun anyone?

MisterB
07-25-2004, 07:27 PM
I think Lips point is don't worry about the playoffs until the sox actually get there, if they get there.Postseason rosters are set in a little over a month. You have to think about the playoffs sometime before then or else winning the division will just lead the ever-popular 3 and out in the first round.

ChiSoxTony
07-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Great post MisterB!!! You have to start thinking about your playoff roster now!!! Bad players have no business in playoff runs..

BigEdWalsh
07-25-2004, 08:46 PM
:whiner:

Just got back from the game. Miserable!
I was kinda disappointed in the size of the crowd...oh well, not a big deal.

Mike Jackson has got to go....what are they waiting for. Release him TODAY!!

WSox8404
07-26-2004, 01:16 AM
While their at it they can dump the entire starting lineup from today's game for having an off day at the plate as well.
I don't know if you realize it Daver, but Cotts' ERA is now over 6 and a half.

DGSWR81
07-26-2004, 01:21 AM
At this point, I don't even know why Mike Jackson is still in baseball.:mad:

owensmouth
07-26-2004, 02:16 AM
When we score less than four runs, we generally lose.

We scored two runs.

We lost.

Nothing done by any relief pitcher today, or all of the relief pitchers combined, would have changed the outcome.

Of course, if Garland had not been out there warming his ears, the result may have been different.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-26-2004, 04:48 AM
I have always believed that it is faulty logic to assume that no matter what the relief pitchers did, we were only going to score two runs in that game. We had come from behind in the late innings the night before. I think looking at a 9-2 deficit instead of a 4-2 one might have changed our hitters approach to the rest of the game. Jackson can still help the Sox.......if Minnesota takes him.