PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this last night?

jkrohn
07-25-2004, 11:27 AM
First off, last night's game was awesome. Of the six games I have attended this year we have won ZERO, and it didn't look good early. Pulling it out like that was awesome though.

That being said, did anyone else who was at the game notice an *awful lot* of cheering for detroit early on? It seemed as if everytime they scored or hit a HR there were way too many cheers being heard.

Jkrohn

WSox8404
07-25-2004, 12:07 PM
I was there on Friday and there were quite a bit of Detroit fans. But one thing to remember. A hundred fans of the opposite team will be heard when cheering. Because when they are cheering, the rest of the park is usually quiet. A hundred people out of 40,000 doesn't sound like much, but believe me, those hundred can easily be heard. My guess is that there were about 500 to 750 Detroit fans there.

Soxzilla
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Detroit sucks.:bandance:

flo-B-flo
07-25-2004, 01:30 PM
I was watching a Detroit FSN video of Credes' homer on MLB.com. After the homer, during the 'replay' the analyst said 'He put his head down and ran like a professional'. Kinda serves as a small lesson to all the posing, preening and jumping that passes for a reaction to a home run these days.:crede I'm a professional :)

Blob
07-25-2004, 02:06 PM
I heard that FLO-b-FLO That was might big of him to do that.

Also, Detroit fans having been coming to Comiskey for YEARS. It is close enough that they make the trip down and I think a lot of them are transplanted Detroit fans as well.

rockfordsox
07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
First off, last night's game was awesome. Of the six games I have attended this year we have won ZERO, and it didn't look good early. Pulling it out like that was awesome though.

That being said, did anyone else who was at the game notice an *awful lot* of cheering for detroit early on? It seemed as if everytime they scored or hit a HR there were way too many cheers being heard.

Jkrohn
I sat in the upper deck last night. In back of me were 4 guys wearing Tiger shirts. I turned to talk to them and they said " they were really cub fans rooting against the SOX" A group of 5 in front of me were a bit loud early on but I was like that in Minnesota earlier this year. The family next to me was cool.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Crede needs to work on his "bunny hop" immediately and then pound his chest when he gets back into the dugout. I mean, shoot, doesn't he care? He should be putting on a show for his fans.

sendimjoey
07-26-2004, 10:31 AM
I can think of at least a half a dozen people I know in Chicago who grew up in Michigan or as Tigers fans from elsewhere (like a friend from Toledo who roots for the Tigers). A lot of Midwesterners end up here for work. It's why you see bars advertise that they show all Michigan State sporting events or all Ohio State or whatever. You see a lot of Michigan plates on cars in the city, too, at least where I live in Lakeview.

Cellview22
07-26-2004, 10:36 AM
There'll be a heck of a lot of Twins jerseys in the crowd tonight. I went to a Brewers game last month when they were playing the Twins, and half the crowd, or more, were Twins fans. They were acting like it was the world series. They're not nearly as annoying as Cub fans though.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-26-2004, 11:31 AM
if anyone noticed a guy heckling munson on the tigers ("munsuuuuuuuuun!") on sunday's game...that was me :bandance:

iwcup
07-26-2004, 03:58 PM
was there sat night and saw at least 2 people with tiger jerseys and some other piece of cub paraphanelia....

and yes de troit SUCKS...

lots of transplants...

Ozzie
07-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Crede needs to work on his "bunny hop" immediately and then pound his chest when he gets back into the dugout. I mean, shoot, doesn't he care? He should be putting on a show for his fans.http://www.radioguanaca.com/internacional/2003/junio/miercoles%204/Un%20avergonzado%20Sammy%20Sosa%20pidi%F3%20discul pas%20el%20mi%E9rcoles%20por%20usar%20un%20bate%20 antirreglamentario%20en%20un%20juego%20entre%20su% 20equipo_archivos/image001.jpgwho me??????!?!?!?