PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonite

hawkjt
07-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I know it gets tiresome to play the we get no respect card all the time but I cannot resist taking a shot at Sportscenter and Baseball Tonite after they did a feature on the six division leaders and who they will trade for to remain on top. One problem: they talked about the twins as leading the AL Central and they were in second place. I could see it if it was pre-recorded but it was a live segment after 10 pm. Tim Kuerjten at least could have mentioned that the sox had passed the twins as he talked about how the AL central leading twins will seek to acquire Kris Benson. I guess it would have messed up his segment to be accurate maybe cuz there are no hot rumors on the sox acquiring anyone. Hopefully he is correct that the Bucs are determined to get max value for Benson and the Twins are refusing to include any of their top five prospects in the deal. Sorry but this oversight just bugged me.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 11:55 AM
I saw that too. My only guess is that it may have been taped before the end of our game.

idseer
07-25-2004, 11:55 AM
you're right. it is tiresome.

the night before, when the sox WERE in 2nd place they OVER did the sox coverage.

i guess we need another whole room for 'we get no respect' posts.

jabrch
07-25-2004, 11:58 AM
That feature was likely done before we overtook the Twins. I actually think we have gotten fair coverage from ESPN lately. Other than the fact that yesterday night they did 45 min of their hour show on the Yanks/Boston fight - we have been getting decent national coverage.

MeanFish
07-25-2004, 12:25 PM
i guess we need another whole room for 'we get no respect' posts.
Maybe we should get Rodney Dangerfield as a commentator. The glove fits.

SoxFan76
07-25-2004, 12:52 PM
This Red Sox Yankee love fest is getting old. For crying out loud, I understand the rivalry. But there were a lot of other things going on in the world of sports.

WSox8404
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM
This Red Sox Yankee love fest is getting old. For crying out loud, I understand the rivalry. But there were a lot of other things going on in the world of sports.
Half of the damn show was about that brawl. Unbelievable. But who cares. Maybe we will get a little air time if we win it all. But then again, who knows?

Soxfest
07-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Half of the damn show was about that brawl. Unbelievable. But who cares. Maybe we will get a little air time if we win it all. But then again, who knows?ESPN in all sports if it is not EAST COAST they have very little time to talk about it for 25 years.

rwcescato
07-25-2004, 01:23 PM
That feature was likely done before we overtook the Twins. I actually think we have gotten fair coverage from ESPN lately. Other than the fact that yesterday night they did 45 min of their hour show on the Yanks/Boston fight - we have been getting decent national coverage.
What I like is that espn has been showing the Sox hilights with Hawks calls.
Last nights call was awesome. Just as was DJ yelling game as the ball was hit. The coverage has not been that bad. Some of the sportscasters I think are actually rooting the Sox on. We also have been above the Twins in the Power poll so we have been gettin some respect that way. I will be at the game tommorrow. Section 100 row 1 against the Twins.
GO SOX BEAT THOSE TWINS!!!!!!!!
Rich