PDA

View Full Version : Texas Ranger Syndrome

White_Sock
07-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Get rid of the stars and the rest step up. Do the Sox have a case of TRS? With this thought in mind, I still miss the big bats, as I'm sure everyone does. But...with all of this drama surrounding the Magglio contract and with as big a role as the Big Hurt normally has, is the team chemistry better off without these big boppers for the time being?

joeynach
07-25-2004, 04:41 AM
Yes, and its not just the rangers. The Mariners did it multiple times in recent years with there losses of Johnson and Arod.

Dadawg_77
07-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Uhmmm.... The Rangers got a star in return for A Rod. Soriano isn't chop meat by any means. Also young players cont too grow, like M. Young, Blalock and Teixeira more then made up for the difference between A Rod and Soriano. What is suprising about the Rangers is the type of production they are getting from their staff.

samram
07-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Uhmmm.... The Rangers got a star in return for A Rod. Soriano isn't chop meat by any means. Also young players cont too grow, like M. Young, Blalock and Teixeira more then made up for the difference between A Rod and Soriano. What is suprising about the Rangers is the type of production they are getting from their staff.
Agreed. Also remember that the Rangers were considered to be the worst team in that division by far, so there was very little pressure on those young guys to do anything but further develop. It would have been a similar situation for the Sox if both Frank and Maggs had been traded before the season for stud prospects, and that's how the team was designed. The Sox are going to have some offensive slumps while Frank and Maggs are out- hopefully they won't last too long.

Frankfan4life
07-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Get rid of the stars and the rest step up. Do the Sox have a case of TRS? With this thought in mind, I still miss the big bats, as I'm sure everyone does. But...with all of this drama surrounding the Magglio contract and with as big a role as the Big Hurt normally has, is the team chemistry better off without these big boppers for the time being?You raised a very good point and one that should be explored. I'm sure the Sox are not "better off" without Maggs and Thomas, but the change in chemistry does not necessarily have to be a bad thing. This TRS could occur here. Minnesota has survived the loss of some key players due to injury and free agency but they have had other players step in and keep them competitive. Maybe the key to winning is not the calibur of player but the calibur of play.