WSox8404
07-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Sox Wins= 1st Place
Cubs Loose= They go further down
Twinkies Loose TRIFECTA :bandance:
Giants win. Even better!!!!

jabrch
07-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Just give me Sox wins and Twins/Tigers/Indians/Royals losses, and I could care less what happens 8 miles north.

That said, it would be nice to see them mathematically eliminated early. I'd love to see how many of their fairweather fans start showing up at USCF. Frankly, I'd welcome them with open arms to join Sox Nation. There is plenty of room. More fans, more attendance, more money to spend on players.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Just give me Sox wins and Twins/Tigers/Indians/Royals losses, and I could care less what happens 8 miles north.

That said, it would be nice to see them mathematically eliminated early. I'd love to see how many of their fairweather fans start showing up at USCF. Frankly, I'd welcome them with open arms to join Sox Nation. There is plenty of room. More fans, more attendance, more money to spend on players.

I agree:cool:

HomeFish
07-25-2004, 01:43 AM
It's also a "Perfect Day" --

Sox win, Twins lose = Sox improve in standings
Cubs lose, Giants win = Cubs drop in standings

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by jabrch

But it still helps..you know...alot...:D:

Whitesox029
07-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Thank Dave Wills for that new term! YOU DA MAN DAVE!

fquaye149
07-25-2004, 02:48 AM

stamped. . .

and approved

hsnterprize
07-25-2004, 08:39 AM

That said, it would be nice to see them mathematically eliminated early. I'd love to see how many of their fairweather fans start showing up at USCF. Frankly, I'd welcome them with open arms to join Sox Nation. There is plenty of room. More fans, more attendance, more money to spend on players. Just make sure we give these bandwagoners a quick trip to the woodshed for not believing in the Sox in the first place. Then, we'll give 'em "Sox Pride" T-shirts and black and silver Band-Aids to cover their scars.

DumpJerry
07-25-2004, 08:49 AM
You left out one thing that was missng yesterday to make it an absolutely perfect day.....the Cards did not win. Cubs are still "only" 9 games out..gives their goofball fans a glimmer of hope. I try to explain to them that even if the Cubs win 20 in a row, they may not be in first given the percentages of the Cards' victories (could move to within 5 games).....

Bottom line: any day the Sox win, Cubs lose and the Sox division rivals lose and Cubs' division rivals win is a great day for civilization! :D:

BigEdWalsh
07-25-2004, 08:56 AM
It's also a "Perfect Day" --

Charlotte, Birmingham, Winston Salem and Kannapolis all even won. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2004, 08:56 AM
sCrUBS now 13-18 in 1 run games.Awwwwwwww.:D: :D:

With a victory last night,Sox are 18-8 in 1 run games.:bandance: :bandance:

Twinkies lose again.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Advice to Mini-Soda:Get ready;You're next on the Sox hit list.
Your best vs.Our best. We'll see who's satnding after Wednesday.:wink: :wink:

Blob
07-25-2004, 09:51 AM
sCrUBS now 13-18 in 1 run games.Awwwwwwww.:D: :D:

With a victory last night,Sox are 18-8 in 1 run games.:bandance: :bandance:

Twinkies lose again.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Advice to Mini-Soda:Get ready;You're next on the Sox hit list.
Your best vs.Our best. We'll see who's satnding after Wednesday.:wink: :wink:
The anticipation is gut wrenching!!