PDA

View Full Version : This Monday and Tuesday

jabrch
07-24-2004, 11:57 PM
At 11:45 on Saturday night, the best 4 available on Monday are 516, row 15. That's UDR, two sections past the break between upper box and upper reserved. The best pair is 546, row 19, also UDR, 2 sections from the break. The fact that you'd have to go 15-20 rows back just to get a seat is AWESOME. This team hopefully will still be in first place, on a half price Monday. With any sort of walkup, that will be our first weekday, non Cubs, sellout in a while.

For Tuesday, there are no pairs of lower box available. The best lower reserved are obstructed view and the bleachers are sold out. There are plenty of good uppers available (a pair in 537 row 4, for example), but with the half price pepsi Tuesday tickets now available, I imagine those will go fast. It wouldn't surprise me to see that game end up close to a sellout.

Ya think JR is noticing this and keeping it in mind when Kenny comes to talk to him this week about Kendall, Beltran, Benson, Burnitz, etc.? I hope so.

For those who read this thread - here's my bonus tip of the day. The rainout vs Philly was rescheduled for Monday, August 30. It will be a half price day. The tickets are already available. There are some great seats to be had, at half price. I bought sect 115, row 1, on the aisle at the park Friday night - for 14 bucks. (screw ticketmaster also - buy em at the park if you can) Get em while they are hot - August could be special for this club!

HomeFish
07-25-2004, 12:03 AM
I just hope all those big crowds don't go home disapointed.

WSox8404
07-25-2004, 12:04 AM
At 11:45 on Saturday night, the best 4 available on Monday are 516, row 15. That's UDR, two sections past the break between upper box and upper reserved. The best pair is 546, row 19, also UDR, 2 sections from the break. The fact that you'd have to go 15-20 rows back just to get a seat is AWESOME. This team hopefully will still be in first place, on a half price Monday. With any sort of walkup, that will be our first weekday, non Cubs, sellout in a while.

For Tuesday, there are no pairs of lower box available. The best lower reserved are obstructed view and the bleachers are sold out. There are plenty of good uppers available (a pair in 537 row 4, for example), but with the half price pepsi Tuesday tickets now available, I imagine those will go fast. It wouldn't surprise me to see that game end up close to a sellout.

Ya think JR is noticing this and keeping it in mind when Kenny comes to talk to him this week about Kendall, Beltran, Benson, Burnitz, etc.? I hope so.

For those who read this thread - here's my bonus tip of the day. The rainout vs Philly was rescheduled for Monday, August 30. It will be a half price day. The tickets are already available. There are some great seats to be had, at half price. I bought sect 115, row 1, on the aisle at the park Friday night - for 14 bucks. (screw ticketmaster also - buy em at the park if you can) Get em while they are hot - August could be special for this club!
I was just looking at the same stuff. I got a question though. Hawk said that there were 29,000 tickets sold alreay for Wednesday's game. So I checked it out. For that game, you can still get tickets in every price level which left me a little confused. Then I checked the Upper Reserved. There are only a few Upper Reserved sections left. Who the hell is buying all of those Upper Reserved? Groups or something? I am confused. Please clarify if you can.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2004, 12:09 AM
So the glass is never half-full with you is it?

Then again, it's not really half-empty, either. It's more like the glass doesn't exist, and, even if it does, it's dirty, cracked and full of someone else's urine.

:rolleyes:

HomeFish
07-25-2004, 12:12 AM
So the glass is never half-full with you is it?

Then again, it's not really half-empty, either. It's more like the glass doesn't exist, and, even if it does, it's dirty, cracked and full of someone else's urine.

:rolleyes:

I was merely hoping that the Sox would win those games. My apologies for not celebrating about a set of games that we have yet to play.

jabrch
07-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I was just looking at the same stuff. I got a question though. Hawk said that there were 29,000 tickets sold alreay for Wednesday's game. So I checked it out. For that game, you can still get tickets in every price level which left me a little confused. Then I checked the Upper Reserved. There are only a few Upper Reserved sections left. Who the hell is buying all of those Upper Reserved? Groups or something? I am confused. Please clarify if you can.
Hmmmmm

Not sure? 29,000 sold already for WEDNESDAY? I wonder if Hawk meant Monday, due to 1/2 price day. Cuz if we already have 29,000 sold for Wed, a 1:05 start, that game will likely come close to selling out also. I looked Wed, and the best pair I saw was 109 (last section on the 1B side) row 23. That could be accurate then. As far as why UDR would be nearly sold out, I have no idea.

guillen4life13
07-25-2004, 12:15 AM
I was merely hoping that the Sox would win those games. My apologies for not celebrating about a set of games that we have yet to play.
I don't think that people really mean to insult you, Homefish. I think you just need to lighten up a bit and enjoy the season. You're never gonna have any fun if you look at everything from such a negative perspective. Enjoy this season--it's not often there's so much worth being confident about when it comes to the White Sox.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Anyone else besides me gunna be at the game on monday? i will be close to the dugout... in 139 holding up a "Kill the Twinkies" poster and wearing my albert belle jersey:D:

WSox8404
07-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Hmmmmm

Not sure? 29,000 sold already for WEDNESDAY? I wonder if Hawk meant Monday, due to 1/2 price day. Cuz if we already have 29,000 sold for Wed, a 1:05 start, that game will likely come close to selling out also. I looked Wed, and the best pair I saw was 109 (last section on the 1B side) row 23. That could be accurate then. As far as why UDR would be nearly sold out, I have no idea.
Check it out. Look up tickets to Upper Reserved. Weird. Come to think of it, when I checked tickets for the last day game we had, the one where we ended up with 28,000 at the game, the same thing happened.

WSox8404
07-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Hmmmmm

Hawk said that prior to gametime today (Sat.) they had 25,000 sold for Sunday, 32,000 sold for Monday, 20,000 sold for Tuesday, and 29,000 sold for Wednesday.

SEALgep
07-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I was merely hoping that the Sox would win those games. My apologies for not celebrating about a set of games that we have yet to play.I know you're upset about the Twins losing and all, but give it a rest. If you're not going to celebrate games because they haven't been decided yet, then why boo them for it. The Sox are winning some big games right now, and you sound off like they are playing like s***. :dtroll:

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Everyone that posts here hopes the Sox win those games, and don't disappoint the huge crowds.

So why do you bother bringing your perpetual-raincloud outlook into this thread? Seriously, it doesn't add anything, and it's just a bringdown to CONSTANTLY hear your ultra-pessimistic/ultra-paranoid take on things.

The Sox are in first. Big crowds are showing up. The Twins are beatable.

Enjoy it for a change, huh?

voodoochile
07-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Good lord it must suck to be you...:?:

StrTrkker
07-25-2004, 12:29 AM
It sure does sound like hes not a happy fellow at all huh?

jabrch
07-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Hawk said that prior to gametime today (Sat.) they had 25,000 sold for Sunday, 32,000 sold for Monday, 20,000 sold for Tuesday, and 29,000 sold for Wednesday.

That rocks. And with Pepsi Half-price Tuesday tickets now up for sale, that number will jump VERY QUICKLY. It's not impossible to imagine sellouts (or near sellouts) on Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and Wednesday, on top of 35,000 on Friday.

OK JR - we bought the tickets, we are coming. Your turn!

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Guys, I think we lost one

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Everyone that posts here hopes the Sox win those games, and don't disappoint the huge crowds.

So why do you bother bringing your perpetual-raincloud outlook into this thread? Seriously, it doesn't add anything, and it's just a bringdown to CONSTANTLY hear your ultra-pessimistic/ultra-paranoid take on things.

The Sox are in first. Big crowds are showing up. The Twins are beatable.

Enjoy it for a change, huh?
Dare I say it...this guy out-Lips Lip! (And I'm not generally known as an optimist either.)

voodoochile
07-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Dare I say it...this guy out-Lips Lip! (And I'm not generally known as an optimist either.)
Hal, you at least know how to say, "WooHoo First place Sox!" You just don't trust JR and with good reason.

FarWestChicago
07-25-2004, 12:39 AM
Dare I say it...this guy out-Lips Lip! (And I'm not generally known as an optimist either.)I think you may be right. Lip has, on rare occasion, let his guard down and almost appeared happy. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

gosox41
07-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Maybe camps are taking their kids for an outing. I saw a lot of that the last day game the Sox had during the week.

Bob

Blob
07-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Guys, I think we lost one
Lost one? He was never in it to begin with!

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Maybe camps are taking their kids for an outing. I saw a lot of that the last day game the Sox had during the week.
I don't know if this would explain it, but I do know the Wednesday game is one of the games for which "student achievers" can get free tickets to the UD.

lths06
07-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Anyone else besides me gunna be at the game on monday? i will be close to the dugout... in 139 holding up a "Kill the Twinkies" poster and wearing my albert belle jersey:D:
Ill be there. Sec 546, row 18 (hopefully those arent obstructed by the poles up there). Hopefully well see a White Sox winner over the twinkies.:bandance:

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 10:13 AM
I was supposed to go tomorrow night and Wednesday afternoon, but a class in Rockford messed up the latter. Tomorrow I'll be in Sec. 148, Row 28.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Ill be there. Sec 546, row 18 (hopefully those arent obstructed by the poles up there). Hopefully well see a White Sox winner over the twinkies.:bandance:
Indeed :redneck

Frater Perdurabo
07-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I will attend my first Sox home game since 1992 on Monday night.

:supernana:

nasox
07-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't know if this would explain it, but I do know the Wednesday game is one of the games for which "student achievers" can get free tickets to the UD.
what are those?

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2004, 03:23 PM

what are those?Students with high grades or perfect attendance, IIRC. Long-time Sox promotion.

doublem23
07-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Also, since Wednesday is a day game, I know a lot of Chicago and suburban park districts will be bring their daycamps to the game. I'm pretty sure 2 seperate camps will be attending the game from Skokie and the Chicago Park District usually brings a pretty big crowd.

oeo
07-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Speaking of Wednesday, what did Hawk just say...how many tickets have already been sold. I thought I heard 30 something thousand, but I think I'm crazy.

zach23
07-25-2004, 04:18 PM

I feel sorry for him. If you can't enjoy what is happening right now with this team, why bother. I don't know how this guy would have made it through some of the bad seasons I remember from the 70's and late 80's.

munchman33
07-25-2004, 04:30 PM

It's a midseason series against the Twins, with two of three being half price games, the third being a day game that their giving away 10k tickets to kids. If they didn't sellout out, Jerry would be thinking fire sale.