PDA

View Full Version : Kelly?

nodiggity59
07-24-2004, 11:54 PM
What's up w/ him? I know there were rumors KW hates him (being the players rep) as well as his inujury problems, but I never saw a press release detailing him being on the DL or in AAA after early May-ish.

The bullpen looks like it's gonna be taxed a lot in the coming weeks so we could definitely use him.

Kogs35
07-24-2004, 11:55 PM
kelly who?

jabrch
07-24-2004, 11:58 PM
kelly who?EXACTLY

BigEdWalsh
07-24-2004, 11:59 PM
What's up w/ him? I know there were rumors KW hates him (being the players rep) as well as his inujury problems, but I never saw a press release detailing him being on the DL or in AAA after early May-ish.

The bullpen looks like it's gonna be taxed a lot in the coming weeks so we could definitely use him.
Pat Kelly?? He's pretty old and how would he help our bullpen?

nodiggity59
07-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Dransfeldt

sorry :redneck

I meant Wunsch

Kogs35
07-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I meant Wunsch
whois that?

jabrch
07-25-2004, 12:15 AM
whois that?
LMAO - EXACTLY

Kogs, you should be putting that in teal, just to be clear. (At least I hope so)

BigEdWalsh
07-25-2004, 12:17 AM
I meant Wunsch
OH! That Kelly.
I'm not sure but isn't he on Charlotte's DL? I think he's had a pretty raw deal with the way he's been treated. I don't know enough about the situation and don't know where that anti-Wunsch stuff from Kenny comes from. :dunno:

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 12:39 AM
OH! That Kelly.
I'm not sure but isn't he on Charlotte's DL? I think he's had a pretty raw deal with the way he's been treated. I don't know enough about the situation and don't know where that anti-Wunsch stuff from Kenny comes from. :dunno: He's the player rep...or I should say WAS.

OurBitchinMinny
07-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I think ozzie is more anti wunsch than kenny. I think he was lazy in spring training or something

fquaye149
07-25-2004, 01:55 AM
The thing is, I can get on board with anti-Kenny's here. . .because we should be able to get SOMETHING for Kelly when you look at his numbers, especially from last year

owensmouth
07-25-2004, 02:05 AM
The thing is, I can get on board with anti-Kenny's here. . .because we should be able to get SOMETHING for Kelly when you look at his numbers, especially from last year
While he on the Charlotte Disabled List? Maybe the Giants will swap him for Bonds.

Mickster
07-25-2004, 09:05 AM
I vote to make Ben Davis our next player's rep! :D:

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 09:07 AM
I vote to make Ben Davis our next player's rep! :D:
Second!

fquaye149
07-25-2004, 09:39 AM
While he on the Charlotte Disabled List? Maybe the Giants will swap him for Bonds.

He's STILL hurt!?! Ok I take it back. I fault Kenny not.

JB98
07-25-2004, 11:05 AM
He's STILL hurt!?! Ok I take it back. I fault Kenny not.
Wunsch's velocity was way down before he was injured. And this is what? His 50th time on the DL the last few years? I understand that Kelly is well-liked by the fans and people are rooting for him to come back, but these conspiracy theories don't hold water with me.

Brian26
07-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Second!
LOL! And I vote for Mike Jackson after that.

ode to veeck
07-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know that Kelly's been consistently effective since his workhorse days in 2000 ... could be over for him with the DL in Charlotte

Yomarei
07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
2003 Wunsch:

LH BAA - .127
RH BAA - .152
ERA (road) - 1.59

He was at his best last ST (unhittable) and season (very good) throwing 86-88 mph. This year he is 83-84. If he ever gets healthy, he can pitch in my bullpen any day.

Chisoxfn
07-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Wunsch was just activated from the disabled list yesterday.

Ken
07-25-2004, 08:09 PM
I am still trying to figure out how we can we release Kelly Wunsch (see 2003 stats) and keep a reliever like Mike Jackson! Does anyone have an update on where Kelly ended up at? I assume he is no longer our property, but I can't believe that he would not have been a better addition to our middle relief crew.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
I am still trying to figure out how we can we release Kelly Wunsch (see 2003 stats) and keep a reliever like Mike Jackson! Does anyone have an update on where Kelly ended up at? I assume he is no longer our property, but I can't believe that he would not have been a better addition to our middle relief crew.We never released Kelly Wunsch. He just came off the dl for charlotte and pitched today.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Wunsch just came off the DL for the Knights.

So to answer the question directly he's with the Sox AAA team.

Rex Hudler
07-25-2004, 11:15 PM
As has been mentioned, he was not released....... but he was outrighted from the Sox 40-man roster and sent to Charlotte, rather than optioned down. That should tell you he is not in their plans.

Daver
07-25-2004, 11:17 PM
As has been mentioned, he was not released....... but he was outrighted from the Sox 40-man roster and sent to Charlotte, rather than optioned down. That should tell you he is not in their plans.
He had to be outrighted, he has no options.

JB98
07-25-2004, 11:28 PM
I can't believe we have three separate threads going about an injury-prone, left-handed middle reliever. I have nothing against Kelly. In fact, I like him. However, he ain't coming back to the Sox, guys. Let's move on.

OurBitchinMinny
07-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I dont understand why he wont be back. I know ozzie didnt like him in ST. The guy was solid for us and would be a good addition to our pen which is pretty much crap outside takatsu, marte, and polite of late.

fuzzy_patters
07-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Wunsch was just activated from the disabled list yesterday.
Good! It's time to ship Mike Jackson out of town.

owensmouth
07-26-2004, 12:55 AM
I dont understand why he wont be back. I know ozzie didnt like him in ST.
As Perry Mason would say: Asked and answered.

BainesHOF
07-26-2004, 01:06 AM
He's the player rep...or I should say WAS.
Did he do anything special during his tenure that would have alienated anyone? Every team has a players rep. It's been a relatively uneventful job in recent years.

BainesHOF
07-26-2004, 01:08 AM
I am still trying to figure out how we can we release Kelly Wunsch (see 2003 stats) and keep a reliever like Mike Jackson! Does anyone have an update on where Kelly ended up at? I assume he is no longer our property, but I can't believe that he would not have been a better addition to our middle relief crew.
At least our pitchers in the pen stay healthy and are able to throw the ball.

Rex Hudler
07-26-2004, 02:02 AM
He had to be outrighted, he has no options.How do you figure? How many times has he been optioned to the Minors? He has less than 5 years service time, so he does not have the right to refuse assignment, unless he had been outrighted before. He spent the entire 2000 and 2001 seasons in Chicago, so there were no option years burned then. The White Sox signed him as a six year free agent in Nov. 1999. Was he ever on the Brewers 40-man roster? Did they burn his options?

If he had been outrighted before with Milwaukee, would he have not had the opportunity to refuse the assignment to Charlotte and become a free agent?

Help me out here.......

Mickster
07-26-2004, 08:49 AM
How do you figure? How many times has he been optioned to the Minors? He has less than 5 years service time, so he does not have the right to refuse assignment, unless he had been outrighted before. He spent the entire 2000 and 2001 seasons in Chicago, so there were no option years burned then. The White Sox signed him as a six year free agent in Nov. 1999. Was he ever on the Brewers 40-man roster? Did they burn his options?

If he had been outrighted before with Milwaukee, would he have not had the opportunity to refuse the assignment to Charlotte and become a free agent?

Help me out here.......
I believe that I read (don't have a link though b/c it was many months ago) that Kelly still had ALL of his options remaining. IIRC he had never been optioned to the minors even once in his short career...

Rex Hudler
07-27-2004, 12:35 AM
I believe that I read (don't have a link though b/c it was many months ago) that Kelly still had ALL of his options remaining. IIRC he had never been optioned to the minors even once in his short career...
That would have been my guess as well........ but I am interested in learning if that is not correct.