PDA

View Full Version : The old baseball addage is...

jabrch
07-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Go .500 on the road, and win 2/3 at home. It was great to end up that last roady .500, after starting 1-3 in Oakland. Now we come home and start it off right vs Detroit. Let's follow through, play well on Sunday, and have a lot of momentum vs the Twins. After that, a 6 game roady vs Detroit and KC, then 6 at home vs Cle and KC. We really can do some damage if we split the road games, and win 2/3 of the home games. That would be awesome.

Despite losing Magglio and Frank, this team looks great. Let's see what Kenny has in store for us by next Sunday!

Palehose13
07-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Sounds good to me. I love the optimism even though the Sox 2 best hitters are out for awhile. I feel pretty good about this team...there is just something about them.

:KW:
"I told you we needed grinders, and I didn't mean sammiches!"

jabrch
07-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Sounds good to me. I love the optimism even though the Sox 2 best hitters are out for awhile. I feel pretty good about this team...there is just something about them.

:KW:
"I told you we needed grinders, and I didn't mean sammiches!"

Realistically speaking, I know this team has some flaws. It is far from perfect. But there are no perfect teams out there right now. This team is as good as any. Even the Yanks are showing some SERIOUS flaws right now. Brown and Mussina are both on the shelf. Right now - they are starting Vazquez, Lieber, Contreras, Duque and Sturtze. That's not nearly close to our rotation. Oaklands offense isn't great. Texas has no pitching. The Twins are not so scary. Anaheim looks good - but we have a better rotation than they do - Bartolo wasn't what they hoped. Boston is, as usually, a clubhouse in disarray. If we can get Maggs and Frank both back in September, this team really can be special. If we can make one or two good moves in the next week, we can do a lot of damage in the playoffs.

I have faith that KW will do something. I hope it is the right move.

WSox8404
07-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Oh he will make a move or two. I can feel it. GO SOX!!!

Palehose13
07-24-2004, 11:49 PM
I have faith that KW will do something. I hope it is the right move.
I am so confident that my broke ass (home on a Sat. nite) would bet a good chunk of change that he will make a move in the next week. However, there seems to be disagreement as to what the right move would be. I think catching (but Burke is hitting .320, so maybe not) and pitching are the top two. My biggest concern is not giving up major league players (except Borchard).

LASOXFAN
07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Go .500 on the road, and win 2/3 at home. It was great to end up that last roady .500, after starting 1-3 in Oakland. Now we come home and start it off right vs Detroit. Let's follow through, play well on Sunday, and have a lot of momentum vs the Twins. After that, a 6 game roady vs Detroit and KC, then 6 at home vs Cle and KC. We really can do some damage if we split the road games, and win 2/3 of the home games. That would be awesome.

Despite losing Magglio and Frank, this team looks great. Let's see what Kenny has in store for us by next Sunday!
that is the old addage and it's nice to see it's not forgotten. Playing .500 on the road will serve you well over 162 games.

jabrch
07-25-2004, 10:37 AM
that is the old addage and it's nice to see it's not forgotten. Playing .500 on the road will serve you well over 162 games.
I forgot the Jabrch Corallary. Go .500 on the road, win 2 of 3 at home, and try your damndest to sweep the teams in your division.