PDA

View Full Version : Hawk & DJ really into it

Whitesox029
07-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Anyone else think Hawk and DJ are more into it this year than ever before? Hawk was about to shout his larynx right out of his throat. And when did you last hear one of them yell "GAME!" on a walk-off HR?

In case I haven't made my opinion clear, I think this is a good thing.

skobabe8
07-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm not a huge DJ fan, but that "GAME" call was awesome.

ssidebeatdown
07-24-2004, 10:15 PM
The game call was awesome and surprising seeing how DJ usually doesn't chime in in homeruns.

Terminated
07-24-2004, 10:21 PM
I didn’t even hear “GAME!” because my family was throwing champagne all over the living room.

I don’t blame them... 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!! :supernana:

hsnterprize
07-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Right before Konerko hit his home run, Hawk said he'd like to see Paulie bunt the ball and "run for his life" to break up Johnson's then-no hitter. After he and DJ roused about it for a second or two, Konerko hit his solo homer over the center field wall. As Paulie's trotting the bases, DJ says, "we don need no steenking bunt!" Hilarious!!!!!

Tmar281
07-24-2004, 10:33 PM
I didn’t even hear “GAME!” because my family was throwing champagne all over the living room.

i'm not rich, so i had to throw pop:supernana:

Palehose13
07-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah they were excited, and so was the team! Did anyone else catch the way Jose was waiting for Crede at the plate? Good times. :D:

Brian26
07-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Just got back from the game...

That place was ELECTRIC tonight. Everybody was on their feet for Crede's bases-loaded double, and the place just exploded for the home run.

Unbelievable night. Great victory...right up there with Jose's walkoff against the Cubs last year and the Frank homer to win it against the Twins last July 2.

flo-B-flo
07-24-2004, 11:36 PM

That place was ELECTRIC tonight. Everybody was on their feet for Crede's bases-loaded double, and the place just exploded for the home run.

Unbelievable night. Great victory...right up there with Jose's walkoff against the Cubs last year and the Frank homer to win it against the Twins last July 2. I have much envy for you and a friend who called me practically in tears just after the game. What a game!:D:

Brian26
07-24-2004, 11:39 PM
I have much envy for you and a friend who called me practically in tears just after the game. What a game!:D:
The fireworks show after a big win like that is always much more enjoyable too. Just a perfect night.

Aidan
07-24-2004, 11:39 PM

Unbelievable night. Great victory...right up there with Jose's walkoff against the Cubs last year and the Frank homer to win it against the Twins last July 2.I was at that game last season when Frank hit the walk-off homer against Eddie Guardado and the Twins. Crede's shot tonight reminded me of it. Two walk-offs against two good closers.

Brian26
07-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Anyone know if they are going to replay the game on FSN overnight? I'd love to tape the last inning to hear Hawk's call.

Viva Magglio
07-24-2004, 11:45 PM
I was there too tonight. On the drive home, I was listening to "Me and Z," and they kept playing Hawk screaming "JOE CREDE!!!" over and over again.

ChiSox1906
07-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I was also there tonight, what a game!

denev1
07-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know how MLB chooses which feed to use for the "play's of the game" video highlights?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrapup.jsp?ymd=20040724&content_id=809122&vkey=wrapup2004&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrapup.jsp?ymd=20040724&content_id=809122&vkey=wrapup2004&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

I noticed when they were playing in Cleveland the feed was from FSN Ohio which is understandable. But when the games played here, I want to be able to go to it and listen to Hawk go ape s*#t and DJ scream "GAME" when Joe brutalizes the ball to win the game. Instead I get to watch the clips from the flipin Detroit feed?!?!? :angry:

Kogs35
07-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Anyone know if they are going to replay the game on FSN overnight? I'd love to tape the last inning to hear Hawk's call.
it was on wgn

Brian26
07-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Argh!

Did anyone roll tape?

StrTrkker
07-25-2004, 11:06 AM
We (for sure Hawk & DJ) get no respect at www.mlb.com (http://www.mlb.com).

They have Joe Crede's game winning HR but has the Detroit TV play by play crew calling the action.

Geez.

They do show a nice smiling Joe Crede rounding the bases and Ozzie's reaction in the dugout.