Behind the Cards, Behind the Cards.

Nine full games behind the Cards.

Those poor Cubbies.

Tearful yuppies in the bars,

In the bars, in the bars.

Tearful yuppies in the bars.

Those poor Cubbies.

====================

Please feel free to contribute additional verses.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-24-2004, 10:23 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Viva Magglio
07-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOXPHILE
07-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Drunk frat boys won't have a place to pee
place to pee
place to pee
Drunk frat boys won't have a place to pee
those poor Cubbies

StrTrkker
07-24-2004, 11:04 PM
This was in the local Joliet paper today....

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/stories/j24wrigley.html

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/stories/jnews_sat_wrigleyboy_724.jpg
Chip off the old park

Plainfield family: Concrete chunk falls near boy at Wrigley Field

By Jill Jedlowski
STAFF WRITER

The Reach family of Plainfield never knew their little piece of rubble would trigger such an avalanche. When the threesome went on a July 16 outing to Wrigley Field, they just wanted to spend a summer day watching the Chicago Cubs take on the Milwaukee Brewers. Maybe they would buy a program or a baseball as a memento. They never expected to come away with a one-of-a-kind souvenir — make that three-of-a-kind.

The Reaches took home the second of three known concrete chunks that have fallen from Wrigley Field's upper deck this summer. Jeff and Darlene Reach were walking toward the concourse after the game when they heard a loud thud. They looked around and found a hatchet-shaped rock resting in a scratched, dented seat in Section 111, inches from their 5-year-old son, Zach.

Their initial reaction was to head for an exit.

"I thought, 'Quit standing here, and let's move!' I didn't know if more was going to fall," Darlene said.

Jeff said he grabbed the chunk, gave it to an usher, then doubled back and retrieved it in order to ensure the proper authorities would be notified. Now, that part of the home of the Chicago Cubs sits in the Reaches' Renwick Road home.

The first sighting of loose concrete was reported June 9. No one was injured, and the Cubs inspected the area in question at the request of the city. Most recently, it was a "relatively small, palm-of-your-hand" sized fragment, said Mike Lufrano, the Cubs' vice president for community affairs.

Repairs have since been made to the upper deck, but the tumbling debris has set off a flurry of media attention and prompted demands from Chicago Mayor Richard Daley that the 90-year-old ballpark be thoroughly inspected. He has said he would not hesitate to shut down sections or all of Wrigley Field if there are outstanding safety concerns.

The ordered inspection began Friday, but the Cubs declined to discuss any findings. The team said engineers will take a close look at the underside of the ballpark's upper deck and mezzanine levels. Team management has said the inspection's results would be shared with the Chicago Department of Buildings.

The Reaches said they were taken aback by all the attention they got for just taking in a ballgame. Zach was a little shaken at first, too.

"I never, ever, ever want to go back there," he told his parents after the close call with the concrete. When they asked him why, he responded: "Because it's going to fall down on me."

The little Cubs fan has since gotten over his fear, but his parents are glad the incident has spurred city and Cubs officials to take a closer look at the ballpark's condition.

"Really, we had no idea it would become such a big deal, that it would go to such an extreme," Darlene said.

"I think it's good," Jeff added. "I mean, that stadium was built in 1914." Reporter Jill Jedlowski can be reached at (815) 729-6055 or via e-mail at jjedlowski@scn1.com.

07/24/04

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Every single person in the picture is a moron

soltrain21
07-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Dusty Baker has lost control
Lost control lost control
Dusty Baker has lost control
Those poor Cubbies

Sammy Sosa has swung and missed
swung and missed swung and missed
Sammy Sosa has swung and missed
Those poor Cubbies

Moises hands smell like piss
smell like piss smell like piss
Moises hands smell like piss
AND SO DOES WRIGLEY!

dcb33
07-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Carlos Z. is bush league,
He throws to bean, it's just obscene!
Carlos Z. is bush league,
Those poor Cubbies!

Whitesox029
07-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Prior's elbow's done for good
done for good done for good
Prior's elbow's done for good
Those poor Cubbies

gobears1987
07-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Wrigley field is falling down
team collapsed
umpires charged
Wrigley field is falling down
The Flubs suck dick

cubhater
07-25-2004, 07:47 AM
Maybe the family can put the chunk of concrete on an Ebay auction? Let the bidding war begin!:cool:

Viva Magglio
07-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Maybe the family can put the chunk of concrete on an Ebay auction? Let the bidding war begin!:cool:
Actually, maybe Grant DePorter can drop another 100+ G's and then blow up the concrete on national television. Of course, the purpose of this would be to eliminate the evil spirits causing the concrete to fall in the first place.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
And blow it up in Harry Carry's Restaurant :D:

Railsplitter
07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
I don't have any verses to add, but I'd like to dedicate a song to Wrigley Field: Patsy Cline singing "I Fall to Pieces"

skobabe8
07-27-2004, 11:46 AM
After last nights game and the MORON who sang this song THE ENTIRE TIME in the bleachers, I move to have this song banned forever.:angry:

SOXSINCE'70
07-27-2004, 12:02 PM
I don't have any verses to add, but I'd like to dedicate a song to Wrigley Field: Patsy Cline singing "I Fall to Pieces"I like your thinking.
Another suggestion.This one's for all you fans of "The British Invasion":

The Dave Clark 5's "Bits And Pieces".:rolling: :rolling:

BeerHandle
07-29-2004, 03:25 PM
After last nights game and the MORON who sang this song THE ENTIRE TIME in the bleachers, I move to have this song banned forever.:angry:
I second that! He was an IDIOT!:angry: