PDA

View Full Version : the CUBUNE TODAY ahahahaha

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-24-2004, 06:46 PM
ahahahahahahaha. Did anybody else read the cubune today?

On pg. 24 there are 4 articles about scrub stupidity

One is about how the cubs "look like they belong on MTV"
the next one is about a scrub fan who is disgusted with his zambrano + hawkins. The next is a scrub joke (wanted for hire: one fat lady -where: wrigley field -job:sing :rolling: )

The last is about a guy who's been a cubs fan all his life and is completey finished being a scrub fan :thumbsup: . "I cant believe a bunch of guys who make millions of dollars and have the support of the city of chicago can't get it together and win it for us"

Im cutting those out and framing them:cool:

Whitesox029
07-25-2004, 02:12 AM
ahahahahahahaha. Did anybody else read the cubune today?

On pg. 24 there are 4 articles about scrub stupidity

One is about how the cubs "look like they belong on MTV"
the next one is about a scrub fan who is disgusted with his zambrano + hawkins. The next is a scrub joke (wanted for hire: one fat lady -where: wrigley field -job:sing :rolling: )

The last is about a guy who's been a cubs fan all his life and is completey finished being a scrub fan :thumbsup: . "I cant believe a bunch of guys who make millions of dollars and have the support of the city of chicago can't get it together and win it for us"

Im cutting those out and framing them:cool:
These are nothing compared to the ones printed on page 2 of the sports section. A bunch of them from whiny Cub fans bashing Rick Morrissey's article (the best from him in a long long time) about the crumbling shrine and even one from an ex-Cub fan who has seen the light of Sox-fandom. He says "Let's just say a large chunk of concrete knocked some sense into me. That's why I'm a White Sox fan."

Somebody buy that man a pizza.

Blob
07-25-2004, 10:24 AM
http://www.nederpoparchief.nl/bluesbrothers/script_8.jpg

CAN YOU SEE THE LIGHT?!?!?!?!?!!??

http://www.nederpoparchief.nl/bluesbrothers/script_27.jpg
"This isn't 333 W 35th Street!!!"

hsnterprize
07-25-2004, 10:35 AM
It's lengthy, and I'm sure it'll be edited if it's ever published. But I wanted you to see my comments for yourselves...

I'm writing in response to Rick Morrissey's July 23rd article "Concrete Facts: Wrigley isn't cite, cuddly". Granted, I confess I'm not a frequent Tribune reader, but to "give the devil his due", it's about time someone from the Trib finally put the "proper emphasis" on Wrigley Field's and the Cubs' image of being "cute and cuddly". I'm sure many Cubs fans are disgusted with this team the whole world seemingly annointed as world series champs before 1 spring training pitch was thrown. The hype over the Cubs' seemingly inevitible championship run was nothing short of nauseating at best, and I'm glad the Cubbie world as we've been exposed to is finally cracking to the point where even the most die-hard fans are seeing what White Sox fans like me have known all along...hype with nothing to back it up with equals nothing but dissapointment.

As far as Wrigley Field is concerned, there has been a steady flow of marketing and promotion about that place for decades. The fact that it fills up day after day no matter how badly the team is playing is a testamant to the team's marketing and promotion departments, and their tireless efforts to bring the patrons in. Now, I'm not saying there aren't die-hard, true-blue Cubs fans who love the team win-or-lose. That's great, but there are fans like that for every team.

A lady named Michele McClain wrote the "Other Views" column, and said that she "attends the ballgame to watch baseball, not to eat or shop or have my face painted" and she finds "rust more palatable at teh ballpark than deafening musical interludes between each pitch, T-shirt projectiles shot into the crowd every half-inning and a Jumbotron imploring fans to 'rally' with the image of a backflipping monkey." That's great Michele, but there's something you need to grasp...have you noticed the small L.E.D. strips along the underlyings of the upper deck and along the UD facades at Wrigley, as well as the new L.E.D. messageboard under the CF scoreboard? Granted, there is a place for a classic feeling when someone attends a Cubs game, but sooner or later, the Cubs are going to have to get with the times. Remember, if it weren't for something called World War II and team ownership giving the materials to the war effort, Wrigley Field would've had lights long before August 8th, 1988. Not everyone is a fan of all the "fan-o-meter" type novelties at sporting events nowadays, and I commend you for going to Cubs games because you like the Cubs, and not the rosy imaged painted on your team since the Tribune Company owned them and Wrigley Field since 1981. Unfortunately, there are WAY TOO MANY people who have bought into the images of "fun at the ol' ballpark", socializing and not paying attention to the game, hanging out at the neighborhood bars, and other non-baseball related entities that have made Clark and Addison more of a tourist attraction rather than a place to watch baseball. Seemingly, baseball is more of a by-product of what's going on there instead of the main emphasis, and that's something we Sox fans have been upset about since our loyalties go to our team, and not the ballpark they play in.

The Cubs, the Tribune Company, and other entities have significantly contributed to this image for way too long, and it's only after public pressure, reports of rowdy people in and around Wrigley Field, a team not living up to the hype, and now a crumbling stadium that this farce is being exposed for what it really is. And...be thankful a report put out by CBS 2 News about birds nestling under the 3rd base upper deck and pooping on fans isn't being widespread as it could be. If it were, there'd really be a non-stop bashing session on 1060 West Addison Street, and there'd probably be not much of a choice but to replace the ballpark. Even with all the modern ballpark "bells and whistles" purists may dislike, a new Cubs ballpark may be just what the doctor ordered. It'll keep the "johnny..." and "jenny-come-latelys" out since Wrigley's out (at least for a limited time, anyway), any talk about curses and such will finally be dead, and the Cubs may actually be more focused on putting a winning team on the field rather than the ballpark novelty. Even Andy MacPhail admitted in a press conference at City Hall one day that many of Wrigley's patrons are there because of the ballpark, and not because of the team.

Morrissey was right on the money, and the Tribune Company is now forced to look at it's "crown jewel" and analyze what's really going on. God forbid someone gets hit with a piece of Wrigley to the point of a coma or death before the "beautiful" in "beautiful Wrigley Field" is replaced with "self-destructing". After all, if you go about 10 miles south, you'll see a place that is not only becoming the hot-spot in Chicago baseball, you'll also see a place that isn't falling apart.

How'd I do here? You think I got the point across?

TornLabrum
07-25-2004, 11:20 AM
How'd I do here? You think I got the point across?
Excellent!

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-25-2004, 12:15 PM
These are nothing compared to the ones printed on page 2 of the sports section. A bunch of them from whiny Cub fans bashing Rick Morrissey's article (the best from him in a long long time) about the crumbling shrine and even one from an ex-Cub fan who has seen the light of Sox-fandom. He says "Let's just say a large chunk of concrete knocked some sense into me. That's why I'm a White Sox fan."

Somebody buy that man a pizza.
Yea...Theat one's great too :bandance: I think all cubs fans should be hit in the head with concrete :tongue: