PDA

View Full Version : Bring in the rest of the Mariners...

DoggPhood
07-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Sure, let's take Olerud. And Boone too. And Eddie Guardado. I'm sorta being sarcastic, but not really. Those guys all know each other, they know Freddy and Davis, I'm sure they'd fit in. Since the Mariners are useless, they might as well join forces to make the Sox more powerful. And maybe they can help us win some freaking games against the AL West.

HITMEN OF 77
07-24-2004, 04:57 PM
All those guys are on the same team and look what they did, NOTHING. There beyond terrible, we don't want any of those clowns. Garcia was the best of the best on that team and that's all we need. I HATE the Peattle Mariners SO MUCH and it brings me so much pleasure there tanking it this year. :D:

DoggPhood
07-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Peattle? What is that supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be funny? Like Pee? Like Urine? HILARIOUS!

kojak
07-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Maybe it is like Pusty. As in Pusty Faker.

Or Pusty Walrus for the NASCAR crowd...

pudge
07-24-2004, 05:26 PM
All those guys are on the same team and look what they did, NOTHING. There beyond terrible, we don't want any of those clowns. Garcia was the best of the best on that team and that's all we need. I HATE the Peattle Mariners SO MUCH and it brings me so much pleasure there tanking it this year. :D:
Yeah they also won 116 games not long ago. If you don't think Guardado could help us out, then i don't know what to say about you. Boone is heating up, and would be a much better option than Harris or Uribe, or he could DH while Everett plays the OF. I don't think we have a shot at either guy, but to say you wouldn't want them is pretty dumb.

samram
07-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah they also won 116 games not long ago. If you don't think Guardado could help us out, then i don't know what to say about you. Boone is heating up, and would be a much better option than Harris or Uribe, or he could DH while Everett plays the OF. I don't think we have a shot at either guy, but to say you wouldn't want them is pretty dumb.
I would take Guardado. The problem with Boone is you have to wonder if he's playing hard only to get to 450 ABs so his option vests, and he'll go back to suckdom after that. He is a good defensive player though.

Chisoxfn
07-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Sure, let's take Olerud. And Boone too. And Eddie Guardado. I'm sorta being sarcastic, but not really. Those guys all know each other, they know Freddy and Davis, I'm sure they'd fit in. Since the Mariners are useless, they might as well join forces to make the Sox more powerful. And maybe they can help us win some freaking games against the AL West.Maybe the Sox can use a struggling team like the Mariners in a similar way that the Cubs used the Pirates to help push them over the top.

I think at this point, Boone and Guardado would be excellent pickups, although very unlikely at the same time. Boone shouldn't cost much prospect wise.

WSox8404
07-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Guradado would be the only worthwhile pickup from them.

CanOfCorn
07-24-2004, 08:13 PM
All those guys are on the same team and look what they did, NOTHING. There beyond terrible, we don't want any of those clowns.
Aramis Ramirez, Kenny Lofton and Randall Simon helped out the Cubs last year, even though they were leading a terrible team in the Pirates.

Evman5
07-24-2004, 09:07 PM

That is exactly what I was gonna say. I mean come on this is one down year for the Mariners. They field a great team every year and have a lot of solid players. I am sure they will be back in the mix of things next year. Guardado is the player I most want before the deadline.

Terminated
07-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Guradado would be the only worthwhile pickup from them.
In that case, the Sox should go and get him.

HITMEN OF 77
07-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Yea and they also choked HUGE in the playoffs, it doesn't matter how many games you win the regular season.

Boone is heating up....Last time I checked Uribe had better numbers than Boone and is much faster on the bases. Guardado would be decent for us, but I highly doubt we get him.

HITMEN OF 77
07-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Peattle? What is that supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be funny? Like Pee? Like Urine? HILARIOUS!
I always say Peattle...Instead of saying Piss On Seattle, I just say Peattle :D:

Brian26
07-24-2004, 10:42 PM
I don't want Bret Boone anywhere near our ballclub. Talk about screwing up clubhouse chemistry.

DickAllen72
07-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I'll pass on Olerud and Boone. I'd gladly take "EveryDay Eddie" but not as a closer, just as a set-up man behind Shingo. Now if they want to talk about Ichiro.......

HITMEN OF 77
07-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I don't want Bret Boone anywhere near our ballclub. Talk about screwing up clubhouse chemistry.
Couldn't have said it better myself amigo. Plus the guy looks like he got hit in the face with a can Alpo dog food.

FightingBillini
07-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Boone is making a ridiculous amount of money. We dont need him. We cant afford him, we need to save money, because KW is gonna swing trades for Randy Johnson, Eddie Guardado, and Todd Helton this week.