PDA

View Full Version : Big Brawl in Red Sox/Yankees game

pearso66
07-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Arod and Varitek went at it, then a few red sox guys started beating Tanyan Sturtz. So far Varitek is thrown out, I'm assuming Kapler, Nixon, A-rod, maybe more thrown out too

WHarris13
07-24-2004, 04:57 PM
I hope this doesn't make me sound like a bad person...but that kicked ass.

ARod and Varitek went at it!

pearso66
07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
I hope this doesn't make me sound like a bad person...but that kicked ass.

ARod and Varitek went at it!
I don't know why Sturtze grabbed Kapler by the neck, but it was a crazy brawl

pearso66
07-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Apparently only Veritek and A-rod were tossed. I can't believe that.

WHarris13
07-24-2004, 05:00 PM
I don't know why Sturtze grabbed Kapler by the neck, but it was a crazy brawlIt was hard to tell who won the ARod/Tek.
Ortiz was gonna pound the crap out of Sturtze but he was held back. Then Nixon Kapler and Sturtze went at it.

I wanted to see Sheff get in there. :smile:

pearso66
07-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Both Nixon and Kapler were swinging at Sturtze, I thought Sheff got in it, same with Schilling, but apparently they were just trying to break it up. As Much as I don't like A-rod, I have to call Varitek kind of a wimp in this, He left on his mask, his pads, and his glove when he hit A-rod. At least be man enough to not have pads on if he takes a swing at you.

Oh, and Varitek took the first swing.

WHarris13
07-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Both Nixon and Kapler were swinging at Sturtze, I thought Sheff got in it, same with Schilling, but apparently they were just trying to break it up. As Much as I don't like A-rod, I have to call Varitek kind of a wimp in this, He left on his mask, his pads, and his glove when he hit A-rod. At least be man enough to not have pads on if he takes a swing at you.

Oh, and Varitek took the first swing.It was funny ARod was just like F YOU, F YOU! Then he was waving at Varitek to hit him. Then Vartiek left everything on and went at it. I was hoping ARod would kill Tek actually.

pearso66
07-24-2004, 05:06 PM
LOL great line by the announcers

"Ortiz did take a swing at Tanyon Sturtze, but it was high. Ortiz has always been a low ball hitter."

ClaudelSleptHere
07-24-2004, 05:06 PM
BoSox taking a page from the Loveable Losers playbook: If you can't beat them, embarrass yourself..........

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Maybe Sturtze likes to fight.:D:
and A-rod is a jerk.

pearso66
07-24-2004, 05:10 PM
I want to see what Sturtze does when Nixon or Kapler are up. I think he might throw at them after what they were doin to him.

HomeFish
07-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Hopefully nobody will have to serve out a suspension during the Boston/Twins or Yankees/Twins series.

samram
07-24-2004, 06:12 PM
My question is who would go anywhere near Gabe Kapler in a brawl? Go find Bill Mueller or Pedro, not the guy who did supplement commercials.:cool:

Viva Magglio
07-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Weren't Strutze and Kapler both involved in the Sox-Tigers 2000 brawl?

DGSWR81
07-25-2004, 04:33 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2004/0724/photo/g_redsox_ft.jpg

OUCH.

flo-B-flo
07-25-2004, 05:08 AM
It was funny ARod was just like F YOU, F YOU! Then he was waving at Varitek to hit him. Then Vartiek left everything on and went at it. I was hoping ARod would kill Tek actually. Thats what I said, Varitek: what a puss. Also just proved once again, when baseball players fight it looks like a girl catfight.:smile:

ndgt10
07-25-2004, 05:09 AM
Hopefully nobody will have to serve out a suspension during the Boston/Twins or Yankees/Twins series.
That would certainly be another case of the Twin's luck.

cubhater
07-25-2004, 08:32 AM
Maybe an Arod suspension will cost the Yanks a playoff berth?

Didn't the pitch hit Arod's elbow pad? How much can that hurt? I'm sick of seeing players wearing body armor (i.e. Bonds) when they hit. Takes away some of the effectiveness of pitching inside.

And Varitek is a wimp for shoving Arod in the face while wearing his mask! Be a man.

fquaye149
07-25-2004, 10:51 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2004/0724/photo/g_redsox_ft.jpg

OUCH.

that looks like a rugby eye rake right there.

Jjav829
07-25-2004, 11:10 AM

Oh, and Varitek took the first swing.
What did you want him to do? Arod's confronting him and urging him on. You want him to say "Hold on one second Alex, let me take my mask and pads off and then we'll brawl?" If your stupid enough to pick a fight with a man wearing a mask and pads, then you deserve whatever happens to you.

Tmar281
07-25-2004, 11:19 AM
What did you want him to do? Arod's confronting him and urging him on. You want him to say "Hold on one second Alex, let me take my mask and pads off and then we'll brawl?" If your stupid enough to pick a fight with a man wearing a mask and pads, then you deserve whatever happens to you.and if you leave your mask and pads on, you deserve to be called a little baby girl:whiner:

Jjav829
07-25-2004, 11:31 AM
and if you leave your mask and pads on, you deserve to be called a little baby girl:whiner:Ok, but that still doesn't answer the question. He's got Arod right in front of him calling him out. You really expect him to stop and take 20 seconds to take all his gear off and then resume the smack talking and brawl? That's not realistic. Just imagining it is quite funny actually.

Arod "F you. F you. F you mf'er"

Varitek "Hold on a second Alex, gotta take my gear off here."

Arod crosses his arms across his chest and taps his foot on the ground while Varitek takes off his mask, chest protector, and leg guards. Meanwhile everyone else stands still trying not to laugh while the emotional outbursts have been paused to allow Varitek to take off his catchers gear.

Resume fight.

Arod "F you."

Varitek "Ok, now let's go." Wham! Punch! Thud! etc.

:rolleyes:

bigfoot
07-25-2004, 12:36 PM
that looks like a rugby eye rake right there.
Tek not using proper hockey form. Remember, face wash with the glove, punch with the fist.

nyy
07-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Ok, but that still doesn't answer the question. He's got Arod right in front of him calling him out. You really expect him to stop and take 20 seconds to take all his gear off and then resume the smack talking and brawl? That's not realistic. Just imagining it is quite funny actually.

Arod "F you. F you. F you mf'er"

Varitek "Hold on a second Alex, gotta take my gear off here."

Arod crosses his arms across his chest and taps his foot on the ground while Varitek takes off his mask, chest protector, and leg guards. Meanwhile everyone else stands still trying not to laugh while the emotional outbursts have been paused to allow Varitek to take off his catchers gear.

Resume fight.

Arod "F you."

Varitek "Ok, now let's go." Wham! Punch! Thud! etc.

:rolleyes:how long does it take him to rip his mask off on a pop up? or to take his glvoe off when in the dugout?

Nick@Nite
07-25-2004, 01:35 PM
ARod got plunked right on his left-gladiator-like-elbow-pad.

Yawn...ZZzzzZZZzzzzz!

:violin:

bafiarocks03
07-25-2004, 01:49 PM
It was funny ARod was just like F YOU, F YOU! Then he was waving at Varitek to hit him. Then Vartiek left everything on and went at it. I was hoping ARod would kill Tek actually.

i thought it was hilarious too....:D:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Basebalalldatime
07-25-2004, 11:13 PM
I think it was a good think to happen in baseball. It was good for the rivalry.

This is for u Corkie and the Scrubs
:bart