PDA

View Full Version : Another Ordonez?

wassagstdu
07-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Looks like the once overrated but still pretty decent Rey Ordonez might be available for peanut shells. Anybody think it would be a good idea to have both Ordonez brothers? I have to admit I haven't followed Rey's performance much since he was part of the "greatest infield ever" with the Mets, but I think he can still play enough to be worth a shot.

Aidan
07-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Looks like the once overrated but still pretty decent Rey Ordonez might be available for peanut shells. Anybody think it would be a good idea to have both Ordonez brothers? I have to admit I haven't followed Rey's performance much since he was part of the "greatest infield ever" with the Mets, but I think he can still play enough to be worth a shot.NO WAY!!! That guy was horrible on the Cubs. See for yourself...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=120045

He hit .164 and was pretty bad defensively with 3 errors even though he is supposed to be known for his glove.

jabrch
07-24-2004, 10:28 AM
We have no need for him. He can't hit - and his fielding is a far cry from what it used to be. If we need to rest Valentin, Uribe plays SS and Harris plays 2B. There is absolutely no reason to sign Rey Ordonez - unless Ozzy needs a shoe shine guy.

JoseCanseco6969
07-24-2004, 10:35 AM
NO NO NO and for the hell of it, NO!!!! He sucks, plain and simple. I think Olerud is the man to get.

dor92
07-24-2004, 11:29 AM
NO NO NO and for the hell of it, NO!!!! He sucks, plain and simple. I think Olerud is the man to get.
Not Olerud, he's done. The guy to get is Larry Walker.

dor

WSox8404
07-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Looks like the once overrated but still pretty decent Rey Ordonez might be available for peanut shells. Anybody think it would be a good idea to have both Ordonez brothers? I have to admit I haven't followed Rey's performance much since he was part of the "greatest infield ever" with the Mets, but I think he can still play enough to be worth a shot.
I will pretend that this was a joke and leave it at that. We need hitting right now and Ordonez, of the Ray kind, is in no way the answer. Bring on Larry Walker.

BigNDfan
07-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Rey Ordonez? Please tell me your entire post was a joke. Why don't we just bring Royce Clayton back?

nasox
07-24-2004, 11:55 AM
:threadsucksit really does

SoxxoS
07-24-2004, 12:20 PM
No offense wassagusdfdu, but this quite possibly might be the single worst idea I have ever read on WSI.

Mots09
07-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Hell No!

South Side
07-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Although I am completely against this...
:threadsucks Wow... the thought almost brings me to tears (not of joy).

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Anybody think it would be a good idea to have both Ordonez brothers.

Calling Rey Maggs' brother is a disgrace to Maggs.