PDA

View Full Version : Preston Wilson anyone?

Aidan
07-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Some radio guy on The Score said that Preston Wilson would be a good fit for the White Sox. With Maggs probably leaving to free agency we could afford Wilson's contract. He is making $9 million this season and $12 million next season. After next season he is a free agent. He could play CF and we could move Rowand to RF. Wilson has been hitting pretty well since coming off the DL and can steal bases. The Rockies won't want too much for him either because they mainly want to dump his salary.

Your thoughts?

OEO Magglio
07-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Some radio guy on The Score said that Preston Wilson would be a good fit for the White Sox. With Maggs probably leaving to free agency we could afford Wilson's contract. He is making $9 million this season and $12 million next season. After next season he is a free agent. He could play CF and we could move Rowand to RF. Wilson has been hitting pretty well since coming off the DL and can steal bases. The Rockies won't want too much for him either because they mainly want to dump his salary.

Your thoughts?To much money, to many strikeouts, I'd rather have catalanotto.

Aidan
07-24-2004, 03:12 AM
To much money, to many strikeouts, I'd rather have catalanotto.You're right. I didn't noticed that Wilson strikes out a ton. He doesn't have a very good career OBP either at .334. You're right, Catalanotto would be the better and cheaper option and he could be our leadoff man.

DickAllen72
07-24-2004, 12:29 PM

Your thoughts?

As I said on another thread, what I would do now if I were KW is try to get Randy Johnson without giving up any of our starting pitchers. Then watch as the Yankees and other contenders beat a path to our door over the next week offering to overpay us for a Loaiza or a Schoeneweis or a Garland.

IlliniSoxFan
07-24-2004, 12:36 PM
DA, that's an interesting thought... we might be able to get a couple bats in return for Elo or Schoe, as well as/or some prospects to replenish the minors...

Evman5
07-24-2004, 12:45 PM
maybe, Toree seems to like Loaiza a lot. He picked him for the all-star game. If the Sox made him available Torre may likely say forget his recent numbers I know this guy can pitch. If we got Johnson I would love to see us unload Loaiza. However, what would the Yanks give us? That have the most depleted farm system in the league. Loaiza just had one great year and throwing all those cutters are taking their toll on his arm. I highly doubt we will be bringing him back after the season anyways. I really want to make a run at either Santana or Pavano.

Imagine a rotation of
Beuhrle
Garcia
Pavano/ Santana
Garland
Shoey