PDA

View Full Version : More Cub fan delusions

OurBitchinMinny
07-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Here is what a moron cub fan named pappacub posted on mlb.com regarding the possible closing or wrigley:

It's our second oldest ballpark, but perhaps our best. Now sadly, a few chunks of concrete have fallen, and I fear some folks will want to "renovate" it or perhaps tear it down in a few years to build a super stadium. And while a mild renovation would be okay, but hopefully nothing like what they did to Soldier Field, they have to do what they have to do. But please just paint it and make it sound. Don't change it too much. That's all. Please don't ruin a good thing. Make it safe, but keep it intact. If I want a generic baseball experience, I will go to St. Louis. Thanks.

Then someone replied to him, a mets fan I guess and he repiled back with:

God bless you mets chick! But Chicago is run by a White Sox fan, Richard Daley. Imagine going through life as a Sox fan and being jealous of not having a historic park like Wrigley. If he has his way, lord only knows what will become of our stadium. Lord only knows. All of Chicago knows he is pouncing on Wrigley's vulnerabilty.

Now we all know that about 90% of cubs fans are morons, but this has to be one of the biggest morons of them all. He actually said God Bless you to her. Then he accuses daley of being jealous because he grew up as a sox fan w/o a historical park. What the hell was old comiskey? That was older than wrigley I think. It hosted the first all star game because it was the baseball palace of the world at the time. Most sox fans I know, including my father (who took me to my only game ever there) loved the old comiskey as much as cubs fans love the urinal. But he, just like most rational sox fans new the stadium was becoming dilapidated and had to be replaced. They didnt do the greatest job replacing it, but with the renovations its a great plave to watch a game. Typical cub fan. This guy actually cares more about that crumbling dump than he does peoples lives and their safety. Mayor daley has a responsibility to ensure the safety of chicagoans at public places and unfortunately cub fans are members of the city. Am I gonna deny wrigley is a historical ballpark, no. Does it have its charms? yeah I guess you could say it does (if urine smell is a charm). Am I jealous the cubs play there and not the sox? Hell no. I love comiskey. best concessions in baseball. I love sightlines on the lower deck. Havent been in the UD since the renovations, but I didnt mind it. I go there to watch the game no matter where I sit. Not get drunk and party and talk on my cell phone or breath in the urine. Wrigley needs to be fixed before someone gets hurt and cub fans are too stupid to realize that.

doublem23
07-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Classic Cub fan thinking...

"We're so persecuted... Won't someone give us a break?" :)

OurBitchinMinny
07-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Just when you think they cant get any more sad or pathetic. I understand being proud of the place you play and I love comiskey. But if chunks of comiskey are falling and putting peoples safety in danger, you gotta shut 'er down and fix it. If it means going on the road or playing home games at a local college, or *gulp* wrigley (if its still standing by the time comiskey starts to fall apart) tough luck. Deal with it. Baseball games are not more important than lives, even cub fans lives:smile:

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 01:59 AM
A cub fan on the radio asked if the cubs had a chance at Ichiro. Cub fans need to get a clue.

ClaudelSleptHere
07-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Although that would be a dramatic upgrade from their current right fielder, I doubt Seattle would be interested in a straight-up swap....

bigfoot
07-24-2004, 07:53 AM
...... Baseball games are not more important than lives, even cub fans lives:smile:[/QUOTE]
Cub fans don't have lives.

cubhater
07-24-2004, 07:55 AM
I have a Cub fan neighbor who is 'Cub-lusional', a very crippling, degenerative condition of common sense and reality pertaining to baseball knowledge. It's very hard to diagnose if a person has this disease during the course of everyday conversation, but once the topic turns to baseball, it's very apparent to everyone within listening distance. He's a good guy and I wish he would find help, but a person must first get past the denial phase in order for effective treatment.

Here are some warning sign Cub-lusional quotes from my neighbor:

"I'd take Sosa over Bonds any day!"

"We play in baseball's best division (NL Central). Sox would always be in last place here!"

"We're still the team to beat in baseball!" <----stated immediately after this week's St. Louis series

"Baker's the best manager in the league, a proven winner."

If you know anyone suffering from this illness, call 1-800-KEVORKIAN on his behalf.

SOXSINCE'70
07-24-2004, 08:19 AM
I have a Cub fan neighbor who is 'Cub-lusional', a very crippling, degenerative condition of common sense and reality pertaining to baseball knowledge. It's very hard to diagnose if a person has this disease during the course of everyday conversation, but once the topic turns to baseball, it's very apparent to everyone within listening distance. He's a good guy and I wish he would find help, but a person must first get past the denial phase in order for effective treatment.

Here are some warning sign Cub-lusional quotes from my neighbor:

"I'd take Sosa over Bonds any day!"

"We play in baseball's best division (NL Central). Sox would always be in last place here!"

"We're still the team to beat in baseball!" <----stated immediately after this week's St. Louis series

"Baker's the best manager in the league, a proven winner."

If you know anyone suffering from this illness, call 1-800-KEVORKIAN on his behalf.
As your post proves,thses drillrods have no clue.At least most of them.Sosa over Bonds?? Puh-leez!!! Despite his Balco ties,Bonds is about to shatter the all time OBP record.He'll get at least 250 BB's this year alone!!
The NL (Comedy) Central baseball's best division?? In the NL,that goes to the NL East,where 2 teams could finish with +.500 records and MISS the playoffs.
The sCrUBS are not the team to beat in baseball.At least not now.That team is the Cardinals,and nothing is guaranteed when the playoffs start.For further proof,see the 2000 Giants and 2000 White Sox.Both teams lost in the LDS wild card round.
Baker the best manager in baseball?? I doubt it.If I had 2 pitchers like Hawkins and Zambrano,i'd sit 'em for at least 5 games each and issue an unpublished fine on 'em.I certainly wouldn't put up with the crap Hawkins pulled on Tuesday.
But i'm a Sox fan.What do I know????:D: :D: :bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
07-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Here is what a moron cub fan named pappacub posted on mlb.com regarding the possible closing or wrigley:

It's our second oldest ballpark, but perhaps our best. Now sadly, a few chunks of concrete have fallen, and I fear some folks will want to "renovate" it or perhaps tear it down in a few years to build a super stadium. And while a mild renovation would be okay, but hopefully nothing like what they did to Soldier Field, they have to do what they have to do. But please just paint it and make it sound. Don't change it too much. That's all. Please don't ruin a good thing. Make it safe, but keep it intact. If I want a generic baseball experience, I will go to St. Louis. Thanks.

Then someone replied to him, a mets fan I guess and he repiled back with:

God bless you mets chick! But Chicago is run by a White Sox fan, Richard Daley. Imagine going through life as a Sox fan and being jealous of not having a historic park like Wrigley. If he has his way, lord only knows what will become of our stadium. Lord only knows. All of Chicago knows he is pouncing on Wrigley's vulnerabilty.

Now we all know that about 90% of cubs fans are morons, but this has to be one of the biggest morons of them all. He actually said God Bless you to her. Then he accuses daley of being jealous because he grew up as a sox fan w/o a historical park. What the hell was old comiskey? That was older than wrigley I think. It hosted the first all star game because it was the baseball palace of the world at the time. Most sox fans I know, including my father (who took me to my only game ever there) loved the old comiskey as much as cubs fans love the urinal. But he, just like most rational sox fans new the stadium was becoming dilapidated and had to be replaced. They didnt do the greatest job replacing it, but with the renovations its a great plave to watch a game. Typical cub fan. This guy actually cares more about that crumbling dump than he does peoples lives and their safety. Mayor daley has a responsibility to ensure the safety of chicagoans at public places and unfortunately cub fans are members of the city. Am I gonna deny wrigley is a historical ballpark, no. Does it have its charms? yeah I guess you could say it does (if urine smell is a charm). Am I jealous the cubs play there and not the sox? Hell no. I love comiskey. best concessions in baseball. I love sightlines on the lower deck. Havent been in the UD since the renovations, but I didnt mind it. I go there to watch the game no matter where I sit. Not get drunk and party and talk on my cell phone or breath in the urine. Wrigley needs to be fixed before someone gets hurt and cub fans are too stupid to realize that.
A urinal shrine is a urinal shrine,no matter what anyone thinks.The Urinal Shrine has needed rennovations for quite a while.Guess baseball is more important to these drillrods than the safety of their fan base.Then again,no one ever accused the sCrUBS and their fans of being intellegent. :)

Blob
07-24-2004, 09:10 AM
...... Baseball games are not more important than lives, even cub fans lives:smile:Cub fans don't have lives.[/QUOTE]
There's the next marketing campain for Brooks!

"Be a Sox fan, it just may save your life!":D:

DumpJerry
07-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I was listening to Rome yesterday on 1000 (7-23) and he was talking about how the Scrubs are out of control, etc. with their emotions and are generally a bunch of crybabies when a Sox fan called in and really summed it all up when he said "The Cubs are so sensitive, they make Elton John look like Ahnold." I could not stop laughing for an hour!

Rome pointed out that when Jeter was booed in New York (the toughest city to play in for a sensitive player), he did not whine that he should be worshiped at the alter (ala Shammy), but rather looked for ways to step up his play to turn the boos into cheers.......

Blob
07-24-2004, 11:12 AM
I was listening to Rome yesterday on 1000 (7-23) and he was talking about how the Scrubs are out of control, etc. with their emotions and are generally a bunch of crybabies when a Sox fan called in and really summed it all up when he said "The Cubs are so sensitive, they make Elton John look like Ahnold." I could not stop laughing for an hour!

Rome pointed out that when Jeter was booed in New York (the toughest city to play in for a sensitive player), he did not whine that he should be worshiped at the alter (ala Shammy), but rather looked for ways to step up his play to turn the boos into cheers.......
I don't like Jim Rome but the station was on yesterday when I got in my truck. Immediately I knew he was talking about the Scrubs so I listened. That was frickin' hilarious!!! He also told Alou to stop worrying about the media and start hitting the ball and to stop peeing on his hands because that is sick!!:D:

FarWestChicago
07-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Sosa over Bonds?? Puh-leez!!! Despite his Balco ties,Bonds is about to shatter the all time OBP record.He'll get at least 250 BB's this year alone!!:nandrolone

It's not fair! I have to use regular old Nandrolone and lost a lot of money when the bag got lost once. If I had some of that Balco stuff I could walk all the time, too!!