PDA

View Full Version : Just home from the game...

jabrch
07-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Random thoughts

A) Great game! Everything looked awesome - except Loaiza.

B) Esteban needs to straighten up and fix whatever is ailing him - he served up a few meatballs today

C) The offense is looking complete. Bunting, hitting, running, everything looked good.

D) Ordonez's injury makes the Everett acquisition an even better bargain than it was before.

E) Jamie Burke impresses me. Anyone ever see his AAA and AA numbers the past two years? He proved he can do it there - why can't he do it here? He's hitting .320 with the big club. Great move by OG and KW to bring him up and get him the playing time - that can be invaluable down the stretch - and in the playoffs.

F) The energy in the building when the gong goes off is absolutely awesome. I don't ever recall it like that for any one particular player. It really is cool. The Mr. Zero logo in japanese that we saw in the red streak was on the scoreboard tonight - it rocks! I am quickly becoming a huge Shingo fan.

G) I bought a Bo Jackson M&N jersey a few weeks ago on E-bay, nice to wear that to the park. I got some random compliments on it!

H) Uribe looked good. So did Crash. Good to get production at the top AND the bottom of the lineup.

I) The Rat Pack night was fantastic entertainment. The fireworks rocked - as always. Nice job by the staff running it.

J) No fights! 1/2 price Tuesday really must be the problem. I may stop going Tuesdays all together. It's not worth it.

K) I bought a pair of tickets for the Monday Aug 30, game to replace the Philly game. There are a lot of awesome tickets still available, AT HALF PRICE. I bought 2 tickets, box 115, row 1, on the aisle, for half price.

L) 33,000 fans in attendance - a nice start to a homestand. Let's see a sellout tomorrow.

M) The lines at the ticket windows at 7PM were SICK. The walkup must have been huge.

I am jazzed up about this club. I hope KW can make a few good moves, and both Magglio and Frank come back healthy in time for the big show. This could be a special year gang - a very special year.

SaltyPretzel
07-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Had an awesome night tonight also. Went to Jimbo's after the game and met Aaron Rowand. Totally cool guy. I'll be there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Blob
07-24-2004, 09:55 AM
I was at the game last night and totally agree with what you said Jabrch.

The place goes nuts for Shingo. Zach23 and I had our whole section cracking up because when Nancy started playing "b-i-n-g-o" we started singing Sh-i-n-g-o!

Jose got a a bunt ON THE GROUND!!

Everyone is chipping in right now.

The crowd was VERY good!

And it being Rat Pack Night was just the icing on the cake!

It was an awesome time!

BLRMKRdave
07-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Anyone know where I can find this...? That damn Japanese Techno stuff sure get the crowd going. And the gond sound effect....AWESOME! If you know where to find the Shingo music Please Post!

~BLRMKRdave

Kuzman
07-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I was also at that game in the right field corner right next to the pole and the patio 2nd row.. I tell ya hearin the crowd get into shingo on tv or the radio is nothing compared to in person, that place goes BALISTIC.. Shingo Time forever baby, Go Sox!