PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Williams headed to the War Room...

Aidan
07-23-2004, 10:09 PM
On ESPN 1000, Kenny Williams was interviewed about the Maggs injury. He said he will be headed to the war room with his top advisers to look for a guy who fits the team. There will be no reactionary move due to Maggs injury. If someone really fits the team, they will go after him though.

They are saying that Kenny will go after a left-handed bat and a bullpen guy. He mentioned guys like Finley and Mackowiak. Don't forget John Olerud who was just released by the Mariners today. They will discuss what guys are available and what they would have to give up to get them.

StepsInSC
07-23-2004, 10:49 PM
On ESPN 1000, Kenny Williams was interviewed about the Maggs injury. He said he will be headed to the war room with his top advisers to look for a guy who fits the team. There will be no reactionary move due to Maggs injury. If someone really fits the team, they will go after him though.

They are saying that Kenny will go after a left-handed bat and a bullpen guy. He mentioned guys like Finley and Mackowiak. Don't forget John Olerud who was just released by the Mariners today. They will discuss what guys are available and what they would have to give up to get them.
I hope they do forget Olerud.

eurotrash35
07-23-2004, 10:52 PM
I want a starting pitcher most of all. Shoenweis back in the pen would be awesome, that would almost be all we needed there. Our offense is starting to click again and it would be a waste of resources to keep getting all these bats that will be riding the pine when Maggs and Frank are back. If we can get just one more great starter we're going deep into the playoffs no question.

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 10:56 PM

Mackowiak would fit nicely.

Win1ForMe
07-23-2004, 10:57 PM
I want a starting pitcher most of all. Shoenweis back in the pen would be awesome, that would almost be all we needed there. Our offense is starting to click again and it would be a waste of resources to keep getting all these bats that will be riding the pine when Maggs and Frank are back. If we can get just one more great starter we're going deep into the playoffs no question.
It's doubtful either is coming back this year.

Cowch44
07-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Thomas prolly will:o:

eurotrash35
07-23-2004, 10:59 PM
They're reevaluating Maggs in 4 weeks. It takes a pretty big pessimist to say he's probably not coming back from that information.

soltrain21
07-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Kendall and Macvoiak (sp?!) would look very nice in silver and black.

Win1ForMe
07-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Thomas prolly will:o:
He weighs somewhere between 275-290 and has a stress fracture in his foot. Think about that for a moment.

RKMeibalane
They're reevaluating Maggs in 4 weeks. It takes a pretty big pessimist to say he's probably not coming back from that information.
They're also reevaluating Frank in three more weeks. As long as everything goes according to plan, there's no reason why both players won't be back for last few weeks of the season. Until an official statement is made declaring one or both players out for the season, I'm going to remain hopeful that they return.

Cowch44
If we got those guys what would we give up?

RKMeibalane
07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
He weighs somewhere between 275-290 and has a stress fracture in his foot. Think about that for a moment.
That doesn't mean he's automatically done for the season. Let's wait until an official announcement is made before making statments about how the remainder of the season is going to go.

Aidan
07-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Did anyone else hear the Kenny Williams interview on ESPN 1000? KW was inferring Randy Johnson was being looked into but he couldn't mention his name. This is because Joe Torre said that he would love RJ in pinstripes. Bud Selig told Joe Torre not to talk about another team's players again.

nasox
07-23-2004, 11:29 PM

Homefish

Aidan
07-23-2004, 11:30 PM
HomefishBINGO!

Lip Man 1
07-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Actually the story I saw in the Tribune says they will re-evaluate him in four weeks to see if he can begin a rehab program. They do not say what that is or how long it would take.

The story also says he could be on crutches for as long as eight weeks.

As far as whom Williams might try to go after, Bill Jauss's story seems to indicate he may not get anybody.

Williams said he was hesitant to attempt to acquire another solid hitter by trading highly regarded prospects.

"We'll take a step back and see what's out there and evaluate," Williams said. "We won't make a reactionary move. We'll stick to the plan we've followed for three years. I want to win now, but I also want to win next year and the year after that."

Lip

pearso66
07-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Actually the story I saw in the Tribune says they will re-evaluate him in four weeks to see if he can begin a rehab program. They do not say what that is or how long it would take.

The story also says he could be on crutches for as long as eight weeks.

As far as whom Williams might try to go after, Bill Jauss's story seems to indicate he may not get anybody.

Williams said he was hesitant to attempt to acquire another solid hitter by trading highly regarded prospects.

"We'll take a step back and see what's out there and evaluate," Williams said. "We won't make a reactionary move. We'll stick to the plan we've followed for three years. I want to win now, but I also want to win next year and the year after that."

Lip
According to some, Since Reed and Olivo are gone, there is no way we can win past this year. they were the only building blocks we had, and now that they are gone, we can forget about it

jabrch
07-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Kendall, Mackowiak and Benson...you don't know how happy that would make me.

doublem23
07-24-2004, 12:08 AM
According to some, Since Reed and Olivo are gone, there is no way we can win past this year. they were the only building blocks we had, and now that they are gone, we can forget about it
This is the same drivel that was flying around here last year after Williams traded way Webster, Ring, Rupe, and some other bozos. The general consensus was that 2003 was our only window and if we didn't do it then, we'd be mired in a slump for the next few years.

Please, I'm not worried about next year, yet, but the Sox need to plug 1-2 holes on this team in the offseason and the 2005 version will be even better than this one.

The nucleus of this team is primed to be consistently competitive for at least a few years. I'd rather put my stock in proven guys like Everett and Garcia over unknowns, anyway.

DSpivack
07-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Yay, that rhymes.

pearso66
07-24-2004, 12:12 AM
I think with a top 3 in our rotation of Buehrle, Garcia and Garland, this team is set for at least 3 more years

soltrain21
07-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Yay, that rhymes.

I'm like Kanye West but white. Getting those two would really give our offense some bite.

*dodges tomato and rides off into sunset*

Win1ForMe
07-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Actually that was Bill Jauss' conclusion, not Kenny's.

elrod
07-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I think with a top 3 in our rotation of Buehrle, Garcia and Garland, this team is set for at least 3 more years
Don't jinx it! In 2000 people said our rotation for years would be Sirotka, Parque, Wells and Baldwin.

lowesox
07-24-2004, 01:30 AM
At the end of this season, we're probably going to lose Ordonez. That's the difference between this year and last. Last year, we lost several free agents, none of whom were irreplaceable. The Reed and Olivo losses sting because they're cheap players who are on the verge of making a difference.
Here's the reasoning that 'some' people here use:
-Losing players from your nucleus usually hurts a team's future.
-Having your team's nucleus get older usually hurts a team's future.
-Giving up good young talent for rental players usually hurts a team's future.

Sorry, but I don't share your optism that having three pitchers (none of who are dominant aces) will guarantee us victory.

But then again, those of us who believe in planning and patience are probably the silly ones. Yeah, we've got a lot to learn from all the instant gratification fans out there.

pudge
07-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Man. I don't recall anyone posting anything remotely like that last season. If so they were dead wrong but I'd love to see the posts because I don't think they exist. There's no way a AA relief prospect, a 21 year old playing solid ball in low A ball, and a toosly A ball prospect are on par with a Major League catcher that's already above average at 25 and arguably the second best prospect in baseball to starter the season.
I'd really like to know KW's master plan if he says he wants to win now and in the future. He must be talking about Borchard, because what other prospects do we have that will contribute next season? Diaz maybe?

OEO Magglio
07-24-2004, 02:51 AM
I'd really like to know KW's master plan if he says he wants to win now and in the future. He must be talking about Borchard, because what other prospects do we have that will contribute next season? Diaz maybe?We might not have a lot of major league ready prospects outside of diaz and cotts(if you still consider him a prospect) however there is a very good core together for next years team: freddy, buehrle, garland, damaso, shingo, politte(believe he has an option?),lee,frank, carl, pauly, rowand, willie, uribe, crede.

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 02:55 AM
We might not have a lot of major league ready prospects outside of diaz and cotts(if you still consider him a prospect) however there is a very good core together for next years team: freddy, buehrle, garland, damaso, shingo, politte(believe he has an option?),lee,frank, carl, pauly, rowand, willie, uribe, crede.
Maybe next year won't be as bad as I thought it would be. And hey if Loaiza breaks out and we sign him, we have almost a full rotation.

idseer
07-24-2004, 08:11 AM
At the end of this season, we're probably going to lose Ordonez. That's the difference between this year and last. Last year, we lost several free agents, none of whom were irreplaceable. The Reed and Olivo losses sting because they're cheap players who are on the verge of making a difference.

Sorry, but I don't share your optism that having three pitchers (none of who are dominant aces) will guarantee us victory.

But then again, those of us who believe in planning and patience are probably the silly ones. Yeah, we've got a lot to learn from all the instant gratification fans out there.
i gotta believe that this whole 'color' thing isn't working.
colorblindness is just too rampant here. :smile:

Iguana775
07-24-2004, 08:26 AM
i gotta believe that this whole 'color' thing isn't working.
colorblindness is just too rampant here. :smile:

Yes,i agree!!

gosox41
07-24-2004, 08:39 AM

It will be interesting to see how KW reacts to these injuries. Of course I assume he is also going after another pitcher still. At least I hope so.

Bob

Aidan
07-24-2004, 08:41 AM
It will be interesting to see how KW reacts to these injuries. Of course I assume he is also going after another pitcher still. At least I hope so.

BobWell, with Maggs and Frank out we will need another left-handed bat and with Mike Jackson still healty we will need another right-handed arm in the bullpen.

gosox41
07-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, with Maggs and Frank out we need another left-handed bat and with Mike Jackson still healty we will need another right-handed arm in the bullpen.
Honeslty, with Magglio and Frank out we need another bat lefty or righty. I don't even think we need a power hitter, just a guy who gives the Sox one less easy out in the line up. Days like this Kendall is looking tempting. Too bad the Sox and Pirates can't split the value of his contract in half and the Sox give up a mid-level prospect.

Bob

jabrch
07-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I'd really like to know KW's master plan if he says he wants to win now and in the future. He must be talking about Borchard, because what other prospects do we have that will contribute next season? Diaz maybe?
We have a good core of young players, in addition to veterans who will likely resign. It is not requisite that you have a Miguel Cabrerra on your team to win. Having 5 solid SPs along with a good offense and a tough pen will do it quite often.

If we lose Magglio, and Carl takes his option for 4mm, we can go out and get another SP, Milwood or Clement?. We can resign Jose. Frank will take his option. And KW is getting Kendall very soon - so he will be here also!

Things aren't as bad as the KW haters want you to believe. Garcia, Buehrle, Garland make up a very good start to a rotation. Like having 2 #1/#2s and a #3. If we can add one more #1/#2 guy, then we are set. Ideally Loaiza will find his groove. Worst case, resign him for much less money than he'd have hoped for. (he is making 4.5mm this year, and that would be fair value even given his lack of production lately. If we get Clement/Pavano/Milwood AND resign Loaiza, we'd be in pretty damn good shape with Garland and Esteban at #4 and #5.

jabrch
07-24-2004, 09:33 AM
This is the same drivel that was flying around here last year after Williams traded way Webster, Ring, Rupe, and some other bozos. The general consensus was that 2003 was our only window and if we didn't do it then, we'd be mired in a slump for the next few years.

Please, I'm not worried about next year, yet, but the Sox need to plug 1-2 holes on this team in the offseason and the 2005 version will be even better than this one.

The nucleus of this team is primed to be consistently competitive for at least a few years. I'd rather put my stock in proven guys like Everett and Garcia over unknowns, anyway.
I couldn't have said that any better myself DoubleM. Thanks!

It's as if we traded away the best prospects in all of baseball. I don't remember where the experts ranked those guys - but IIRC, Reed was not a top 10 overall prospect, and he was the best of the bunch.

The only one I really miss, and wish we didn't have to move, was Olivo - since he was a current contributor. But in order to get Garcia, we had to make that move - so I am ok with it. Majewski or someone of that ilk would not have been a suitable replacement for Seattle. I am happier to trade Olivo than Crede. I think Joe has much more upisde.

eurotrash35
07-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Homefish
:?:

umm, all I was saying is that it's too early to say that Maggs is out for the season, unless you're a huge pessimist which I am not.

WSox8404
07-24-2004, 10:38 AM
I agree with you on getting a starter. Because if we do, we will be able to send Shoney to the pen which will help out there. So we kill two birds with one stone. But I also think we need another bat. Yeah there might be a logjam if and when Thomas and Mags come back. But that is a while away and we could be out of it by then. So get another hitter now to make sure we are close or on top when they get back. Let's not play games here. Let's go for it.

Rudy Law
07-24-2004, 11:16 AM

Yeah and when you look at all the future stars the Sox minor league organization has developed...I would rather have a team be built around pitching finally.....Your crazy if you think KW isn't going to go out and get a starter in the off season...Someone like Clemente....That would be a nice rotation...They won't be able to stop Seattle with the dynamic Duo of Reed and Olivo(the next Ruth and Gehrig)....but hey, they willl be pretty strong against everyone else....

MarqSox
07-24-2004, 11:16 AM

umm, all I was saying is that it's too early to say that Maggs is out for the season, unless you're a huge pessimist which I am not.Bruce Levine said yesterday he would be surprised if Maggs plays another game this year. I know he's been wrong plenty in the past, but he's closer to the situation than you or me, so take his opinion for what it's worth.

It's enough of a question mark right now that we should just assume he won't be back, and if he does make it back, then it's a bonus.

Blob
07-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Bruce Levine said yesterday he would be surprised if Maggs plays another game this year. I know he's been wrong plenty in the past, but he's closer to the situation than you or me, so take his opinion for what it's worth.

It's enough of a question mark right now that we should just assume he won't be back, and if he does make it back, then it's a bonus.
I wouldn't trust it, he's a scrubbie lover...

eurotrash35
07-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Bruce Levine said yesterday he would be surprised if Maggs plays another game this year. I know he's been wrong plenty in the past, but he's closer to the situation than you or me, so take his opinion for what it's worth.

On the broadcast last night the team physician said they would reevaluate Maggs in 4 weeks and go from there. That's straight from the horse's mouth, not from Levine. But no matter if he's back or not I think our first priority should be getting another starter, not another big bat unless it comes dirt cheap.

Rudy Law
07-24-2004, 11:23 AM

umm, all I was saying is that it's too early to say that Maggs is out for the season, unless you're a huge pessimist which I am not.

You forget that some fans on this board like to be negative......They aren't happy unless they can bitch about something...

DickAllen72
07-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Get Randy Johnson without giving up any of our starting pitchers.

Then watch as the Yankees and other contenders beat a path to our door over the next week offering to overpay us for a Loaiza or a Schoeneweis or a Garland.

pearso66
07-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Don't jinx it! In 2000 people said our rotation for years would be Sirotka, Parque, Wells and Baldwin.
Funny thing is, I never really cared for Parque or Wells. Sirotka was traded for a 20 game winner, which if you ask me is a Great trade, the only problem was Wells ended up being injured, and a cancer, calling frank a wimp for not playing when he had a torn tricep. Baldwin, I did like, but he started to falter. Plus Sirotka and Parque got hurt, and never really made another appearence in MLB after that. Baldwin isnt in the MLB either. Plus I think Garcia, and Buehrle are better than those 4 combined at that time. And Garland has the stuff to be a #1, if he could just get over that 1 inning.

flo-B-flo
07-24-2004, 11:44 AM
I just love to read those posts that obsess about next year. Been a fan for a loooooooonnnngg time. I'm really sick of hearing about the farm, young talent, next years team, free agency. All these won't matter if the Sox give us something to talk about. Say.........oh. A World Series. THE FRICKIN' FUTURE IS NOW!!!:wink:

Flight #24
07-24-2004, 11:54 AM

Last year the same was said when we lost Colon and "replaced" him with Shoney. Remember - next year we'll have Carl & Borchard replacing Maggs, but we'll also have Frank back, so in a comparison from this year to next, the team could actually be better (depending on who replaces ELo & if Val resigns).

And I don't think anyone's saying that planning and patience are not important, but rather that this team is veteran enough that waiting a few years for the benefits from Reed/Olivo to develop would mean that we'd likely have any contributions offset by the losses of Frank, Palie, Maggs, Valentin, Lee. So net in 1-2 years would be a decline, most likely.

Instead, we have a shot at the WS this year(assuming we get Maggs & Frank back on the field by end of the year). In the 2 scenarios, I'd rather have a shot once and then possibly be bad than likely never have a team that's got any significant shot at all.

Finally, unlike most teams, the Sox have the real possibility that the future if we can make a postseason splash once or twice can mean a significantly greater payroll, which would more than offset the loss of prospects. Keeping the prospects would almost certainly have not meant the team did well enough to generate the attendance to do that.

FightingBillini
07-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Let me start by saying that I am not all that impressed by Kris Benson. Not only does he spell his name like a girl, but he seems like a #3 or 4 pitcher to me. That being said...

What about the possibility of us trading for Benson AND Kendall?
I know the Pirates want a lot for Benson. They also NEED to unload Kendall's salary. With no end in sight to our attendance boom, we have more money to spend. If we pick up all or a huge portion of Kendall's contract, does anyone think the Pirates would throw in Benson for less than top prospects?

spongyfungy
07-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Let me start by saying that I am not all that impressed by Kris Benson. Not only does he spell his name like a girl, but he seems like a #3 or 4 pitcher to me. That being said...Ever see his wife? www.annabenson.net (http://www.annabenson.net)

I don't mind Kris Benson here. he's having a great season and he can't be as bad as Todd Ritchie.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/25534.htm says : The White Sox, the most active team so far, are looking at Guardado among others in their quest to add another arm to either their bullpen or rotation.

gosox41
07-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Let me start by saying that I am not all that impressed by Kris Benson. Not only does he spell his name like a girl, but he seems like a #3 or 4 pitcher to me. That being said...

I know the Pirates want a lot for Benson. They also NEED to unload Kendall's salary. With no end in sight to our attendance boom, we have more money to spend. If we pick up all or a huge portion of Kendall's contract, does anyone think the Pirates would throw in Benson for less than top prospects?
I'm liking that move more and more with Frank and Magglio out for a while.

The Sox need another bat. Catcher is the weakest position on the team. Then 2B (though Uribe and Harris should be able to hold it down), CF ( (I'm not as down on Rowand as most are, but don't think he is a .300 hitter) and 3B in that order.

Bob

jordan23ventura
07-25-2004, 06:56 PM
The Sox need another bat. Catcher is the weakest position on the team. Then 2B (though Uribe and Harris should be able to hold it down), CF ( (I'm not as down on Rowand as most are, but don't think he is a .300 hitter) and 3B in that order.

Bob
What? Bullpen is the weakest area we have. The Sox can conceivably win the division with no offensive additions at all, even considering the losses of Maggs and Frank. CF is not a problem and neither is 2B. If we get to the playoffs, forget the lineup. We dont need to try to outscore the Yanks, we need to try to KEEP THEM FROM SCORING. Right now, I would be surprised if anyone at all said that right now they could go into the playoffs with the bullpen we have. Shingo and Marte can't pitch every night.

OEO Magglio
07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
What? Bullpen is the weakest area we have. The Sox can conceivably win the division with no offensive additions at all, even considering the losses of Maggs and Frank. CF is not a problem and neither is 2B. If we get to the playoffs, forget the lineup. We dont need to try to outscore the Yanks, we need to try to KEEP THEM FROM SCORING. Right now, I would be surprised if anyone at all said that right now they could go into the playoffs with the bullpen we have. Shingo and Marte can't pitch every night.The backend of our bullpen is outstanding with Cliff, Damaso, and Shingo, we need one other bullpen arm to replace jackson. I'm not sure if I'd call it the weakest area of the team because there aren't many teams in the league with a better backend to their pens.

gosox41
07-26-2004, 10:13 AM
What? Bullpen is the weakest area we have. The Sox can conceivably win the division with no offensive additions at all, even considering the losses of Maggs and Frank. CF is not a problem and neither is 2B. If we get to the playoffs, forget the lineup. We dont need to try to outscore the Yanks, we need to try to KEEP THEM FROM SCORING. Right now, I would be surprised if anyone at all said that right now they could go into the playoffs with the bullpen we have. Shingo and Marte can't pitch every night.
I was just speaking of the offense in terms of biggest holes. In an earlier post I made reference to the fact that I hoped KW was still looking for a pitcher of some sort with or w/o Magglio and Frank.

Bob

jabrch
07-26-2004, 10:16 AM

We had the third best bullpen in the AL going into Yesterday's game.

Soxzilla
07-26-2004, 11:28 AM

Adding benson and Kendall would help us more than some would think. Considering we give up burke, cotts, jackson (For free) and minor league talent not only would it help our rotation, since you'd basically put benson in the 5th starter roll. It would help our bullpen by putting schoeny in the pen for long left handed relief. It would give us a true leadoff hitter with a .OBP better than anyone on our team currently (Since frank is gone). A catcher that actually has defense AND a bat.

With kendall in our lineup, it would go a little like this...

C - Kendall
2B - Uribe (You want someone that can swing away and bunt in this spot, hence why I put him here over rowand)
LF - Lee
1B - Konerko
DH - Everett
CF - Rowand
SS - Valentin
3B - Crede
RF - T-Money

Or if Uribe isn't starting. You slip the 2b spot to the ninth spot and slip rowand or valentin into the 2nd spot.

That lineup would dessimate.

Tekijawa
07-26-2004, 11:44 AM
If we're going to add a Contract like kendall's wich I don't like why not go after a guy like Jeff kent to replace Willie/ Uribe.... Willie is useless as he doesn't get on doesn't run if he does and really isn't good at ANY position, and uribe can spot start at thrid SS and 2nd and come off the bench. I've also heard he's a "GAMER"

Soxzilla
07-26-2004, 11:48 AM
If we're going to add a Contract like kendall's wich I don't like why not go after a guy like Jeff kent to replace Willie/ Uribe.... Willie is useless as he doesn't get on doesn't run if he does and really isn't good at ANY position, and uribe can spot start at thrid SS and 2nd and come off the bench. I've also heard he's a "GAMER"
If we go deep in the post season, than we may do something like that. However, I don't see how kendall's contract being much of a big deal, since I hope we aren't resigning magglio next year.

I can deal with Everett in RF. But that's just me.

I doubt if you cut Magglio right now, he doesn't bleed silver & black. Like the rest of the team.

Soxforlife
07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I too like the deal of Benson and Kendall. I love the fact of a catcher who can hit over .300 and I think Benson is a quality starter. I think that lately Loiza and garland are shaky and Showenwise needs to be a bullpen guy. We need a bullpen guy and if we got benson than Showen. could go to the pen and we would be set. Plus if you get a starter who can go deep into games it eliminates the need for middle relief...which is where we struggle i.e. yesterday.

Foulke You
07-26-2004, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see the Sox add at least one quality middle reliever so we never have to see Cotts or Jackson come in to a close game again. I also want another bat because Timo/Gload/Borchard doesn't do it for me in RF in a pennant race. Timo and Gload are fine bench players but we need some more pop in the lineup.

bobj4400
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Your crazy if you think KW isn't going to go out and get a starter in the off season...Someone like Clemente....
We can team him up with guys like Burle, Laioza and Shoenwise to form a great rotation. Then all we need is to resign Valentine and we are all set.

habibharu
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
We can team him up with guys like Burle, Laioza and Shoenwise to form a great rotation. Then all we need is to resign Valentine and we are all set. you cant resign loazia and sho! they suck

Soxforlife
07-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Adding benson and Kendall would help us more than some would think. Considering we give up burke, cotts, jackson (For free) and minor league talent not only would it help our rotation, since you'd basically put benson in the 5th starter roll. It would help our bullpen by putting schoeny in the pen for long left handed relief. It would give us a true leadoff hitter with a .OBP better than anyone on our team currently (Since frank is gone). A catcher that actually has defense AND a bat.

With kendall in our lineup, it would go a little like this...

C - Kendall
2B - Uribe (You want someone that can swing away and bunt in this spot, hence why I put him here over rowand)
LF - Lee
1B - Konerko
DH - Everett
CF - Rowand
SS - Valentin
3B - Crede
RF - T-Money

Or if Uribe isn't starting. You slip the 2b spot to the ninth spot and slip rowand or valentin into the 2nd spot.

That lineup would dessimate.

I couldn't agree with that more and I love that lineup!

bobj4400
07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
you cant resign loazia and sho! they suck
I guess you didnt catch the sarcasm...thought teal was overkill b/c the misspellings made it obvious.

Soxzilla
07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
I couldn't agree with that more and I love that lineup!
:supernana:

Thank you for agreeing. I just hope KW realizes that he NEEDS to pick up benson and kendall. Because if he doesn't than minnesota is gonna snag benson and then we'll be in an even bigger hole.:(:

Soxforlife
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
:supernana:

Thank you for agreeing. I just hope KW realizes that he NEEDS to pick up benson and kendall. Because if he doesn't than minnesota is gonna snag benson and then we'll be in an even bigger hole.:(:
Yeah, right now I see Minnesota as being weak in pitching and that's why the division should be ours but if they get Benson we're in trouble.