PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* The Sky Isn't Falling Sox/Tigers 7/23/04 postgame thread

cheeses_h_rice
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
:):gulp:

*woohoo*

Soxzilla
07-23-2004, 10:24 PM
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:25 PM
rowand for pick? :smile:

eurotrash35
all right! great game by the sox. esteban wasn't perfect but was good enough to win the game. juan came up big; I love how this lineup lately just covers for each other. guys will have great nights to pick up for the guys struggling, and the next night it's the other way around. We're starting to play like we did earlier this year, and I think Carl has keyed it.

OurBitchinMinny
Who needs maggs or thomas? So far w/o them we are on a pace to win the rest of our games.

owensmouth
07-23-2004, 10:26 PM
That'll do. We beat their best.

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Good to see the win. Too bad the orioles gave some guy his first major league start and he was brutal. Looks like its still gonna be 1/2 game back.

cheeses_h_rice
07-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Who needs maggs or thomas? So far w/o them we are on a pace to win the rest of our games.

Teal looks like this.

You're posting in Deep Sky Blue. It's hard to read.

(The above post in teal isn't *really* in teal, btw.)

:)

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Why is color such a big deal? I looked in the color menu. Guess what? No teal.Theres cyan, sky blue and about every shade, but teal. You must have a different color menu than me

Win1ForMe
07-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Good to see the win. Too bad the orioles gave some guy his first major league start and he was brutal. Looks like its still gonna be 1/2 game back.
Yeah but if Rivera holds the BoSox in the Bot of the 9th, we'd lead the wild card. Good enough for me.
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:30 PM
cliff is quietly coming along nicely too and deserves some credit.
i like this team.

inta
once again it's great to see us score runs and get hits, not just HR's and LOB's.

whatever ozzie said earlier in the week... it's working.

nice job by burke on that i-rod steal attempt.

Brian26
Big win. Let's keep it going...

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Why is color such a big deal? I looked in the color menu. Guess what? No teal.Theres cyan, sky blue and about every shade, but teal. You must have a different color menu than me
5 over and second one down is teal.

it SAYS teal! i doubt you have you're own special palette.

FarWestChicago
07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Why is color such a big deal? I looked in the color menu. Guess what? No teal.Theres cyan, sky blue and about every shade, but teal. You must have a different color menu than me5 over, 2 down. There is only one menu.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-23-2004, 10:32 PM
This would be a good time to remind everyone the Sox are a full-game ahead of the Weenies in the loss column, and that's the only one that counts come September.

All that matters now is winning, and the Sox are doing it. The Twins need to catch us, not the other way around.

FarWestChicago
07-23-2004, 10:32 PM
5 over and second one down is teal.

it SAYS teal! i doubt you have you're own special palette.You would be correct, id. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Iguana775
07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Yes there is...5 over, 1 down on the color menu from the top left.

samram
07-23-2004, 10:36 PM
This would be a good time to remind everyone the Sox are a full-game ahead of the Weenies in the loss column, and that's the only one that counts come September.

All that matters now is winning, and the Sox are doing it. The Twins need to catch us, not the other way around.
Yep, and they'll get theirs soon enough. Can't play the O's and Royals everyday.

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:36 PM

absolutely. if the sox win the rest of their games the twins can't win it! :)

i suppose that should be in some special color. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-23-2004, 10:38 PM
absolutely. if the sox win the rest of their games the twins can't win it!
:hawk
"I luv it when you analyze."

owensmouth
07-23-2004, 10:39 PM
E Lo wasn't perfect, but he finally settled down and got the last seven outs between the 4th and the sixth. Is JU finally getting back on track? Sure hope so.

inta
07-23-2004, 10:39 PM
wow, i just checked the box score.
32,000 something attendance.... that can't hurt!

AnkleSox
07-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah and Hawk said that 32,000 something are already sold for tomorrow's game :gulp:

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:42 PM
:hawk
"I luv it when you analyze."
lol it was kinda dumb wasn't it? :redface:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Yeah and Hawk said that 32,000 something are already sold for tomorrow's game
:lynch&mcfail
"Wait! Wait! Come back! We'll fix our ballpark! Honest, we will!"

:bandance:

OzzieBall2004
07-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Unbelievable that he could be so calm, cool, and collected and make the L and R joke on his arms with a 2 run lead on a day when we lost hands down our number one bat for possibly the rest of the season (and we were only up 2). If (WHEN) we win the division without maggs and frank, manager of the years a no brainer.

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 10:48 PM
5 over, 2 down. There is only one menu.
My bad. I always thought of teal as a lightish blue. I didnt even look in that row. I apologize

Aidan
07-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Did anyone see when Ozzie had the "L" and the "R" taped to his arms to call the bullpen? :tongue:

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Unbelievable that he could be so calm, cool, and collected and make the L and R joke on his arms with a 2 run lead on a day when we lost hands down our number one bat for possibly the rest of the season (and we were only up 2). If (WHEN) we win the division without maggs and frank, manager of the years a no brainer.
he may already BE manager of the year.

FarWestChicago
07-23-2004, 10:50 PM
My bad. I always thought of teal as a lightish blue. I didnt even look in that row. I apologizeNo problem. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 10:52 PM

Plus with bostons loss tonight, the sox are currently in first in the wild card standings.

Corlose 15
07-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Living in Michigan I had to watch this game on FSN Detroit. Something kind of funny happened when Shingo came in. The Tiger's color analyst was doing a bit of a scouting report and said that Shingo's fastball ranges from 87-93 mph!!!:o:

Man, could you imagine if Shingo threw 93mph? Talk about a change in speed. Also, when Shingo threw the frisbee to strike out White, both announcers when "Whoa, what was that!?" Shingo Rocks!:smile:

Also, I thought it was great of Ozzie to do that joke when he took out Politte. Did everyone see how Burke and Politte were laughing. JM never would have done anything like that.

mantis1212
07-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Plus with bostons loss tonight, the sox are currently in first in the wild card standings.
Wow, maybe this year's the year for the very first AL Central wildcard winner!

misty60481
07-23-2004, 10:58 PM
How about that nice sac bunt by Timo to put man on 3rd for Uribes single, second nice bunt this week

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Also, I thought it was great of Ozzie to do that joke when he took out Politte. Did everyone see how Burke and Politte were laughing. JM never would have done anything like that.
JM, for all his shortcomings as manager, was a pretty bright guy and I dont remember him ever bringing in a righty to face a lefty, at least while not mean too. But it was a funny bit by ozzie. Hopefully hes got it down now

inta
07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Also, when Shingo threw the frisbee to strike out White, both announcers when "Whoa, what was that!?" Shingo Rocks!:smile:

hahaha, that's amazing. i wish i coulda seen/heard that.

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 11:11 PM
JM, for all his shortcomings as manager, was a pretty bright guy and I dont remember him ever bringing in a righty to face a lefty, at least while not mean too. But it was a funny bit by ozzie. Hopefully hes got it down now

Yeah, JM was so bright that he bumped his hottest pitcher at the time (Buehrle) out of his regularly scheduled start so he could give an unproven rookie (Cotts) a start at Yankee stadium right in the middle of a pennant drive.

Aidan
07-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Aaron Rowand being interviewed on ESPN 1000 right now. The ladies love him, haha.

A. Cavatica
07-23-2004, 11:17 PM
We can laugh at Ozzie because we've already experienced Terry Bevington...

kojak
07-23-2004, 11:17 PM
High water mark for the year again!

Let's finally go 10+ .500 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

kcsportscaster
07-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Three in a row!!!! I caught the game on mlb.tv, and Loaiza was a bit rocky, but I loved how he settled down in the middle innings. Also, great job by the bullpen, especially Polite and Marte. Shingo has already established himself in a very short time as one of the best closers in baseball. Great job by the offense without Maggs, especially Uribe!!!! The "L" and "R" joke played on Ozzie tonight was classic!!!! I don't think that there are too many other managers who would have letters taped onto their jacket as a joke. Schoeneweis MUST have another good outing tomorrow night as he did against the Rangers earlier in the week. HOW ABOUT A BIT MORE TIGER MEAT TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!

Lip Man 1
07-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Kojak:

Beat me to it. This is the fifth time this season the Sox have been +9 games over. Tomorrow will be the fifth time this season they are trying to get to ten over.

Lip

Nick@Nite
07-23-2004, 11:29 PM
... because this is this first time facing the Tigers this year.

OurBitchinMinny
07-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, JM was so bright that he bumped his hottest pitcher at the time (Buehrle) out of his regularly scheduled start so he could give an unproven rookie (Cotts) a start at Yankee stadium right in the middle of a pennant drive.
He wasnt a smart manager, but he knew left from right

cheeses_h_rice
07-23-2004, 11:58 PM
... because this is this first time facing the Tigers this year.
HomeFish, is that you?

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
07-24-2004, 12:05 AM
There is "teal" in every menu I've looked at. I've used both Netscape and Internet Explorer since the new forums were put up, and both offer teal.

HomeFish
07-24-2004, 12:11 AM
The White Sox are now at .500 overall with me at the game. I'll take that.

Section 546 was full of Detroit fans, and they were extremely obnoxious. It was great to see the crowd break into "DETROIT SUCKS" at the end of the game, and also great to see that no Sox fans responded to the Detroit fans the way the Detroit fans were going after us.

OEO Magglio
07-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Just got back from the game a little while ago. Game was obviously awesome and I can't say enough about shingo and his entrance both are just awesome, wills said on the postgame they might even add more to it, I'm not really sure what they'll do but everything has been great so far so I'm sure this wouldn't be an exception. On a downer the wave has got to stop. It went around quite a few times today and it's the dumbest thing in the world and it blocks the view from people trying to watch the game, KILL THE WAVE.

StrTrkker
07-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Just got back from the game a little while ago. Game was obviously awesome and I can't say enough about shingo and his entrance both are just awesome, wills said on the postgame they might even add more to it, I'm not really sure what they'll do but everything has been great so far so I'm sure this wouldn't be an exception. On a downer the wave has got to stop. It went around quite a few times today and it's the dumbest thing in the world and it blocks the view from people trying to watch the game, KILL THE WAVE.
Yeah I just got back from the game as well. I loved Shingo's Gong entrance and the crowd was electric. Wife & I walked up and got 2 tickets in Section 514 and I was surprised to see a few Tiger fans there. They were quiet most of the game. The wind was brisk so was good we had blankets. Man...why is it that we can never seem to get good weather on these home stands. Even with the cooler temps the crowd was above 30k.

South Side
07-24-2004, 12:37 AM
The only time I appreciated the wave was the game against Anaheim when they beat us 12-0. I felt it was a slap in the face to the team when the crowd was more interested in keeping the wave going than watching them get 2 more outs with 2 on! I think it should be reserved to embarrass the team when they are sucking.

doublem23
07-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Big win tonight and really fun time at the ol' ballyard. 32,000+ there and you could tell it. I was in section 117, sitting right in front of some fatass Tiger fan who, on every fly ball, either screamed "get out of here!" or "drop it! drop it!" depending on who was in the field. Aside from that though, big win, good mini-concert, air jumpers were awesome, and the fireworks were spectacular as always.

Fear Detroit!

Blob
07-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Unbelievable that he could be so calm, cool, and collected and make the L and R joke on his arms with a 2 run lead on a day when we lost hands down our number one bat for possibly the rest of the season (and we were only up 2). If (WHEN) we win the division without maggs and frank, manager of the years a no brainer.That's the best thing about Ozzie!! Even faced with all this adversity he can still joke around. That's probably something he shows his players. Look if I can smile in bad times maybe all of you can as well??!!!

And that was an AWESOME GAME last night. I was there and had an awesome time with a bunch of good friends!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

jabrch
07-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Every silver lining has to have a dark cloud, huh? With Minnny's schedule the rest of the way, and ours lightening up, I like the way things look. Also, Detroit is rumoreed to be trading Urbina if they fall out of contention by the deadline. Since they have 3 @ us (2 more), then 3 @ Cleveland, then 3 vs us in Detroit, there is a very reasonable chance they might be sellers. Not only would Urbina look good here, but even if he goes elsewhere, we still have 13 games vs them after the trade deadline.

jabrch
07-24-2004, 10:23 AM
32,900 - almost 33,000 and it was ROCKING.