PDA

View Full Version : KW interview on MJ&H?

Palehose13
07-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Apparently, MJ&H had an interview with KW this afternoon. I was wondering if anyone caught it. What I understood from Mac's recap was that KW is in contact with about 75% of GM's out there and is not only looking for offense, but mentioned something about a certain pitcher in Arizona.

Did anyone hear it and be willing to gives us a recap? Thanks!

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
It's going to be a verrrrry interesting week. (gulp)

Palehose13
07-23-2004, 07:03 PM
It's going to be a verrrrry interesting week. (gulp)Yeah, I find it interesting especially because a few weeks ago I heard an interview where they asked about trades and he replied that it wouldn't be fair to the guys on the team to say if he was pursuing someone or not. I guess the times they are a changin'...

Never mind...they are playing it now on rewind.

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I find it interesting especially because a few weeks ago I heard an interview where they asked about trades and he replied that it wouldn't be fair to the guys on the team to say if he was pursuing someone or not. I guess the times they are a changin'...

Never mind...they are playing it now on rewind.I think all hell just broke loose, let's see if KW can contain it. (double gulp)

oeo
07-23-2004, 09:11 PM
It's going to be a verrrrry interesting week. (gulp)
Indeed it will be. I cannot wait to see who will be new in a Sox uniform by next Saturday, I'm so anxious.

Iguana775
07-23-2004, 09:24 PM
damn, i hope that there is a certain SP from Zona and a Catcher from Pitt in there somewhere...

Daver
07-23-2004, 09:29 PM
KW was non-committal on anything other than to say that he is relying on pitching, and is going to wait it out for a bit.

Brian26
07-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Harry was pressing KW about a couple of players (which I missed), and KW flat out said they weren't available. I think the two guys were Hilldebrand and Finley from the Dbacks.

Win1ForMe
07-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Harry was pressing KW about a couple of players (which I missed), and KW flat out said they weren't available. I think the two guys were Hilldebrand and Finley from the Dbacks.
No, Harry brought up Piniero and Zach Day. Which is stupid because both guys are young and aren't making huge money. There's no reason for their current teams to trade them.

Kenny did bring up RJ ("...a certain pitcher"), which would probably be the best idea in our case, especially if they can include someone like Danny Bautista.

idseer
07-23-2004, 10:44 PM
No, Harry brought up Piniero and Zach Day. Which is stupid because both guys are young and aren't making huge money. There's no reason for their current teams to trade them.

Kenny did bring up RJ ("...a certain pitcher"), which would probably be the best idea in our case, especially if they can include someone like Danny Bautista.
or a. jones?

Aidan
07-23-2004, 11:41 PM
or a. jones?Andruw Jones you mean? Why would Atlanta trade him? The Braves are currently leading the N.L. East.

OEO Magglio
07-24-2004, 12:48 AM

Kenny did bring up RJ ("...a certain pitcher"), which would probably be the best idea in our case, especially if they can include someone like Danny Bautista.Yeah, harry brought up Pineiro about month ago before we traded for freddy saying he could be had cheap and I just did one of these.:rolleyes: Anyways harry was saying it seems arizona has some guys that could be useful such as Hillenbrand and Finley and then Kenny said you forgot to mention a certain pitcher.

Aidan
07-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Yeah, harry brought up Pineiro about month ago before we traded for freddy saying he could be had cheap and I just did one of these.:rolleyes: Anyways harry was saying it seems arizona has some guys that could be useful such as Hillenbrand and Finley and then Kenny said you forgot to mention a certain pitcher.Yep, Kenny can't mention Randy Johnson's name because Bud Selig told all GM's to stop talking about him after what Joe Torre said.

StillMissOzzie
07-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Yeah, harry brought up Pineiro about month ago before we traded for freddy saying he could be had cheap and I just did one of these.:rolleyes: Anyways harry was saying it seems arizona has some guys that could be useful such as Hillenbrand and Finley and then Kenny said you forgot to mention a certain pitcher.
OEO, you've had the best recap of the interview I've read yet. KW was almost being a tease about it, as Harry (focused on OFFENSE), was only talking about Finley and Hillebrand on the D-Backs, and it was KW who said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "...what about a certain pitcher?...". I did NOT get the impression that RJ was on his way out here.

SMO
:gulp:

Cowch44
07-24-2004, 02:56 AM
If KW's gonna go "trade crazy" who do you think'll leave the Sox or Sox minors?

idseer
07-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Andruw Jones you mean? Why would Atlanta trade him? The Braves are currently leading the N.L. East.
so what? teams that lead their division don't trade their players?

nonsense!

i've heard at least 2 announcers (one espn and one fox) suggest alanta is going to move him.

Soxzilla
07-25-2004, 02:16 PM
As long as he only gets rid of our bullpen and catcher problems, I'll be happy. Please don't go trading away our entire rotation/starting lineup. I root for the white sox because the everyday players, not because we are in chicago.:D: