PDA

View Full Version : KW press conference?

joeynach
07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
For those of us who cant see it or listen to it can someone please post what KW is saying and what is basically going on.

HomeFish
07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Hopefully it didn't begin with "Anyone who thinks we can catch Minnesota..."

joeynach
07-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Hopefully it didn't begin with "Anyone who thinks we can catch Minnesota..." Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT!

Flight #24
07-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT! I doin't even mind that since that's stuff within the control of the organization (i.e. who you draft & develop).

But 2 of the best offensive players in the game, right after makng a deal that should have solidifed our status as a WS frtonrunner.......that's just bad luck, which sucks.

rmusacch
07-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT! Chill out man.

Evman5
07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
I fell asleep, They said K-dub was having a press conference at 4:00.

Did they already do it or s it coming up?

Mickster
07-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT!
:wired: :wired: :wired: :wired: :wired:

PorkChopExpress
07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Im not in any mood for jokes, im ****ing pissed off right now. This was our year. Can we get a fricking break. Shannon stewart goes down for the twins who comes up Lew ford who hits 310, doug m goes down so morenea comes up and plays better than doug m. We get 150 k a year borchard and get to plug crede in the 6th hole, GREEEAAATTT!Careful. You may start to sound like a Cubs fan. Even without Frank and Maggs, I still have faith that this team can make it. One of our biggest problems was relying on the long ball. Without two big power hitters, maybe we will be forced to play small ball and learn to win when the homerun is out, so that when Frank and Maggs return we are a highly tuned killing machine!

jabrch
07-23-2004, 04:46 PM
"Jeremy Reed will be a #2 or a #8/#9 type hitter. Borchard will produce in the middle of the lineup"

"We are going to have to get through the next month"

"THEY CAN'T PLAY HERE" - (re: Cubs playing in USCF)

"It's over my head - call the governor."

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 04:48 PM
"Jeremy Reed will be a #2 or a #8/#9 type hitter. Borchard will produce in the middle of the lineup"

"We are going to have to get through the next month"

"THEY CAN'T PLAY HERE" - (re: Cubs playing in USCF)

"It's over my head - call the governor."
What the hell was question #4? Asking Kenny to stay someone's execution? :?:

infohawk
07-23-2004, 04:49 PM
So far no official transactions have been listed on the mlb website. Why wouldn't there be a reference to Magglio being placed on the DL or Borchard being called up? I also wonder if KW is holding off on the press conference because he is trying to finalize a trade? How certain are we that Borchard is being called up?

hold2dibber
07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Careful. You may start to sound like a Cubs fan. Even without Frank and Maggs, I still have faith that this team can make it. One of our biggest problems was relying on the long ball. Without two big power hitters, maybe we will be forced to play small ball and learn to win when the homerun is out, so that when Frank and Maggs return we are a highly tuned killing machine!
And you accuse Joeynach of sounding like a Cubs fan?? Unfettered optimism in the face of bad news, now THAT'S Cubs-fan-like! :smile: I'm not convinced the Sox can't still win, but ... to suggest that losing their best two players is somehow going to transform the other guys on the team into small ball experts is nuts. You can't play small ball unless you have guys that get on base a lot, which the Sox don't really have. They just don't have the guys for it.

Nonetheless, with Lee, Konerko, Everett and Valentin, the Sox still have more power than the Twins or most other teams. I'm concerned that those guys might start to press, trying to do more than they're capable of, to try to replace the 2 big guns.

And all you Ross Gload and Jamie Burke fans out there (if there are any left) are going to get to see up close and personal on a regular basis why those guys are career minor leaguers. Ugh.

infohawk
07-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Never mind my earlier post, I found the press release.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040723&content_id=807498&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

jabrch
07-23-2004, 04:54 PM
So far no official transactions have been listed on the mlb website. Why wouldn't there be a reference to Magglio being placed on the DL or Borchard being called up? I also wonder if KW is holding off on the press conference because he is trying to finalize a trade? How certain are we that Borchard is being called up?
I believe he said Borchard is being called up - but that wouldn't stop him from being traded.

Kendall, Benson, Simon for something?

Flight #24
07-23-2004, 04:55 PM
I believe he said Borchard is being called up - but that wouldn't stop him from being traded.

Kendall, Benson, Simon for something?
Resign Maggs, then deal Borchard+Munoz for Kendall+Benson+Simon+cash

jabrch
07-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Resign Maggs, then deal Borchard+Munoz for Kendall+Benson+Simon+cash
At this point in time - resigning Magglio would be a bad idea. Not to say that he can't recover to be the player he was, but I just wouldn't give him the 14mm for 5 years that he wants while he is on the shelf.

Flight #24
07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
At this point in time - resigning Magglio would be a bad idea. Not to say that he can't recover to be the player he was, but I just wouldn't give him the 14mm for 5 years that he wants while he is on the shelf.
Depends - is this likely a precursor to arthritis or is it more of a on-lingering injury? If the latter, then signing him's a good idea. If the former, then it would depend on how much it's likely to bother him for the next couple of years. I could envision him playing RF for a couple more years, then moving to DH when Frank retires to lighten the load.

flo-B-flo
07-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Buerle is pitching like he's pissed at someone. C. Lee and P K are stroking like they are mad at Joe Torre. Again It's time to step up and kick ass!!!:capone

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 05:09 PM
You can't play small ball unless you have guys that get on base a lot, which the Sox don't really have. They just don't have the guys for it.

Bring back Kenny Lofton! Now!!!

bigdommer
07-23-2004, 05:30 PM
I doin't even mind that since that's stuff within the control of the organization (i.e. who you draft & develop).

But 2 of the best offensive players in the game, right after makng a deal that should have solidifed our status as a WS frtonrunner.......that's just bad luck, which sucks.
They: Cursed by a goat.

Us: Cursed by KW.

I love KW, but this guy has bad luck. After DWells, Ritchie, and Koch...his masterful season of Uribe, Shingo, Freddy G, and Jurassic Carl are cursed by injuries.

I still think the Sox can win it. Stay above water, hope Maggs and Hurt are getting better, and make a run late!!!

gosox3072
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
They: Cursed by a goat.

Us: Cursed by KW.

I love KW, but this guy has bad luck. After DWells, Ritchie, and Koch...his masterful season of Uribe, Shingo, Freddy G, and Jurassic Carl are cursed by injuries.

I still think the Sox can win it. Stay above water, hope Maggs and Hurt are getting better, and make a run late!!!Why is carl cursed by KW?

Opps, i read it wrong.
I dont think that KW is cursed in this way, he is just an agressive GM that each year is in it to win it. This is a good attitude when you have a chance. Sooner or later our opportunity will be over and thats the time to rebuild. KW is not cursed, he just is agressive. Agressive can turn into bad luck at times.