PDA

View Full Version : We Need Kendall Now!

fquaye149
07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
I have reservations about making this type of thread, but with Maggs and Frank out we desperately need a bat. Kendall is perfect since when they eventually come back, he'll be able to stay in the lineup. Obviously I won't kill myself if we get Delgado, Walker, or another slugger, but Let's get Kendall!

We have too much invested in this pot to cash out right now! Forget about the future!

HomeFish
07-23-2004, 04:52 PM
How would Pittsburg like Birmingham as a new suburb?

nodiggity59
07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Totally!!! If we make a move I don't want a DH, 1B, or RF logjam!!

Plus, we'd have a hitter who doesn't rely on the longball.

Make the call Kenny.

pudge
07-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I have reservations about making this type of thread, but with Maggs and Frank out we desperately need a bat. Kendall is perfect since when they eventually come back, he'll be able to stay in the lineup. Obviously I won't kill myself if we get Delgado, Walker, or another slugger, but Let's get Kendall!

We have too much invested in this pot to cash out right now! Forget about the future!
Well, are people forgetting that Frank and Maggs may not be quite up to the task of hitting live MLB pitching when they return? That is what really bothers me. I just don't know what to make of this whole mess right now. Ugh.

HomeFish
07-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Well, are people forgetting that Frank and Maggs may not be quite up to the task of hitting live MLB pitching when they return? That is what really bothers me. I just don't know what to make of this whole mess right now. Ugh.

Magglio seemed to be up to the task on his last return from the DL.

Frank is the one I would be worried about replacing. Nobody on this team knows how to take a walk quite like Thomas does; it's a beautiful thing. Iirc, Kendall is also an OBP stud.