PDA

View Full Version : I hate to put the cart before the horse...but

Soxzilla
07-23-2004, 03:03 PM
I just wanted to get your thoughts on something that could prove troubling in our near future. Assuming we play by our potential for the remainder of the season, and just kill central division foes until we capture the division title, we need to become some serious twin fans down the stretch.

I personally don't see either the rangers nor the yankees slowing down, especially the yankees. And with our luck, the boston red sox will win the wild card and that would force us to play the yankees in the divisional series if we are the weakest divisional winner. Now granted I don't want to have to play the yankees in the postseason at ALL, I'd think we would hold a much better chance in a 7 game series than in a best of 5 series.

So we need those twins to keep on mowin' down (But not TOO GOOD!) so that they can take the wild card away from the red sox and the athletics (I'd rather have the chance to play the twins than any of those west coast teams). I would feel a lot better playing the rangers and whomping the crap out of them and having an "easier" stretch to pay dirt.

Fact of the matter is...I don't like our chances if we draw new york first.:(:

Kogs35
07-23-2004, 03:13 PM
I just wanted to get your thoughts on something that could prove troubling in our near future. Assuming we play by our potential for the remainder of the season, and just kill central division foes until we capture the division title, we need to become some serious twin fans down the stretch.

I personally don't see either the rangers nor the yankees slowing down, especially the yankees. And with our luck, the boston red sox will win the wild card and that would force us to play the yankees in the divisional series if we are the weakest divisional winner. Now granted I don't want to have to play the yankees in the postseason at ALL, I'd think we would hold a much better chance in a 7 game series than in a best of 5 series.

So we need those twins to keep on mowin' down (But not TOO GOOD!) so that they can take the wild card away from the red sox and the athletics (I'd rather have the chance to play the twins than any of those west coast teams). I would feel a lot better playing the rangers and whomping the crap out of them and having an "easier" stretch to pay dirt.

Fact of the matter is...I don't like our chances if we draw new york first.:(:
with the yankees pitching down id prob rather see them play the yankees than the a's or angels. but the rangers i could handle

Over By There
07-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Umm, no. I'll be cheering for the Twins to lose so we can win the division. As of today, being out of first place, I can't even fathom hoping the Twins win another game. Cart before the horse, indeed.

PorkChopExpress
07-23-2004, 03:16 PM
We own the Yankees. No worries.

bluestar
07-23-2004, 03:16 PM
I would prefer to face the Yankees to facing the A's. We have proven we can hit NY pitching, but the same isn't true for A's pitching. The Yankees have also proven very vulnerable in the division series over the years. Of course, a lot can change between now and the end of the season, but I think worst-case scenario for the Sox is to face the A's in the first round of the playoffs.

mantis1212
07-23-2004, 03:17 PM
If we're gonna win it all, we'll have to beat the yankees, plain and simple. The only situation I'd really like to avoid is playing Oakland.

HomeFish
07-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Oakland is the team we don't want to face.

SoxxoS
07-23-2004, 03:18 PM
I definitely don't want to play Oakland.

But baby steps here, people.

gosox3072
07-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I would not want to face the yankees in the postseason. We may be able to beat them in april, but in october the Yanks are a much much different team. That team as much as i hate it knows how to play when it really counts. Our best bet would be to play the rangers

(why are we even talking about the playoffs? If the season ended today we would be sitting at home playing 18 holes)

Uncle_Patrick
07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
The Yankees don't worry me at all. The A's and Angels worry me much more, especially in California. If we've proved anything, its that we can't play on Pacific Time.

IlliniSox
07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I hope we get to play in Oakland.

IF WE PLAY THE YANKEES, WE'LL PLAY AT NIGHT IN FRONT OF AMERICA. And I won't have to lie to 4 professors to miss school like I did last time around.

Sox Mobile
07-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Umm, no. I'll be cheering for the Twins to lose so we can win the division. As of today, being out of first place, I can't even fathom hoping the Twins win another game. Cart before the horse, indeed.
totally agree, we need some breathing room between us and MN to get this division.

besides, we really get it in gear for the Yankees and play tough against them.