PDA

View Full Version : Seating for Bullpen Sports Bar Outside

havelj
07-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Have any of you ever gotten to a game early enough to pay the additional $10 to sit on one of the reserved tables outside of the sports bar? How early should you get in line and how was it?

Blob
07-23-2004, 03:48 PM
If you have upper deck tix or you are up higher in the lower bowl those are great seats. Plus, remember if you get there early enough you can sit on the bottom level for FREE. Just go up to the guy with the stickers and ask him for one he is by the entrance of the "moat". You get a nice ground eye's view of the field from there. Plus, it is an awesome place to taunt the right fielder from!! We sat there through a lot of 2000 because our season tickets were not that great back then. And my brother and I just sat there for the Sundays Cubs game this year. You get a waitress to bring you food and drinks as well! Try it you'll like it!!

I would try to get there before the gates open they sometimes go early!!!

patbooyah
07-23-2004, 03:51 PM
i agree with him- get there early. the good thing is, though, that they will sell you as many wristbands as you want, so one person can get there early, buy four wristbands and you will have an entire table to yourself. the seats are unbeatable for the price!

pat

Gammons Peter
07-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Those sell real fast so you need to be among the first in line at that gate when the park opens to get them. You don't want to seat in the free "bottom section", those suck unless you enjoy looking through two layers of chain link fence

Gammons Peter
07-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I would save the $10 and sit in the centerfield fan deck, they are better seats (have they started renting it yet)

Blob
07-23-2004, 04:12 PM
I would save the $10 and sit in the centerfield fan deck, they are better seats (have they started renting it yet)
Yes, they have started renting it but it is not for every game. These seats are another good option if the BPSP is filled up!

sendimjoey
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes, they have started renting it but it is not for every game. These seats are another good option if the BPSP is filled up!
But you have to have lower-deck seats to get to the Fan Deck.

jabrch
07-23-2004, 05:56 PM
The seats on the BSB upper deck ROCK. you just have to be there when the gates are open, and go straight to the back bar to buy the wrist bands.

South Side
07-23-2004, 06:32 PM
If you have upper deck tix or you are up higher in the lower bowl those are great seats. Plus, remember if you get there early enough you can sit on the bottom level for FREE. Just go up to the guy with the stickers and ask him for one he is by the entrance of the "moat". You get a nice ground eye's view of the field from there. Plus, it is an awesome place to taunt the right fielder from!! We sat there through a lot of 2000 because our season tickets were not that great back then. And my brother and I just sat there for the Sundays Cubs game this year. You get a waitress to bring you food and drinks as well! Try it you'll like it!!

I would try to get there before the gates open they sometimes go early!!!
When you sat there did you have any conversations with Maggs? I know you wouldn't taunt him, right?

Blob
07-24-2004, 12:34 PM
When you sat there did you have any conversations with Maggs? I know you wouldn't taunt him, right?
The taunting is held just for opposing teams! I would NEVER taunt a Sox player. We do get their attention and tell them "You da man!!" or something like that. Never had a conversation with Maggs. Got him to tip his hat in the ASG last year. We sat right by the bullpen in right field for the game and I yelled to him.

The only person I think we have ever had a true conversation with is Todd Jones. He actually came in to the BSP before the game started because zach23 taunted him the night before and then we all gave it to him again the next day. Basically just kept telling him to stop wearing out the grass from the dugout to the bullpen and stop spitting sunflower seeds on our grass. He said he thought we were funny. Other than that we have only been flipped off by several players. That's good enough for us because we know we got to them!