PDA

View Full Version : Ditch the postgame Oz interview at park

BainesHOF
07-23-2004, 02:52 PM
The final out of a Sox victory is recorded and the crowd is pumped and ready to celebrate... Within minutes, however, the mood is dampened at the park as the P.A. system goes silent followed by an Ozzie postgame interview played on the scoreboard. It's hard enough to understand Ozzie as it is, but in the park's acoustic environment, you have no chance. Plus he's usually subdued in the matter-of-fact interview session.

The idea was worth a try, but it's time to ditch it. It doesn't work at all. After a victory, it's time to celebrate as we file out of the park. Crank up the music and let the feel-good atmosphere continue as we leave the park. As of now, it feels strangely like we're leaving a mausoleum.

Consider this a free tip from BainesHOF to Brooks Boyer.

thecell
07-23-2004, 02:58 PM
The final out of a Sox victory is recorded and the crowd is pumped and ready to celebrate... Within minutes, however, the mood is dampened at the park as the P.A. system goes silent followed by an Ozzie postgame interview played on the scoreboard. It's hard enough to understand Ozzie as it is, but in the park's acoustic environment, you have no chance. Plus he's usually subdued in the matter-of-fact interview session.

The idea was worth a try, but it's time to ditch it. It doesn't work at all. After a victory, it's time to celebrate as we file out of the park. Crank up the music and let the feel-good atmosphere continue as we leave the park. As of now, it feels strangely like we're leaving a mausoleum.

Consider this a free tip from BainesHOF to Brooks Boyer.
I agree 100%. Play some music and celebrate. If people want to hear the postgame comments they can catch it when they get into their cars.

npdempse
07-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Oh, c'mon. One of these days he's going to start talking about tomato plants, and I want to hear that.

They could leave the music on low during the conference, might make it a little less weird.

inta
07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
y'know i thought it was kinda cool at first, but i agree with this thread, it does kinda the energy level down a bit.

maybe they could go back to playing "sweet home chicago" and a few other songs, AND THEN play the press conf if there is one...

patbooyah
07-23-2004, 03:56 PM
maybe they should just throw some reverb on to his voice and crank it up over the music.

AnkleSox
07-23-2004, 03:59 PM
"I tell you what, i lu doin the postgame intreveew bu i rather be on the screen an' sing along wit tha mewzic!"

Jerko
07-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm glad they show the post game conference. I don't watch or listen to it, but at least it keeps the more than pleasant ushers from telling me I have to leave the park 19 seconds after the game ends.

patbooyah
07-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm glad they show the post game conference. I don't watch or listen to it, but at least it keeps the more than pleasant ushers from telling me I have to leave the park 19 seconds after the game ends.
i was there one of the first days they played it and it was funny to listen to the ushers bitch. you would have thought their world was coming to an end, when actually they were being forced to stay 10 minutes later at one of the 81 games they work at.

Jerko
07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
i was there one of the first days they played it and it was funny to listen to the ushers bitch. you would have thought their world was coming to an end, when actually they were being forced to stay 10 minutes later at one of the 81 games they work at.

They DO act like they can't wait for you to leave, don't they?

Blob
07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Pat, that is the funniest part, the ushers and security people complain about how they have to stay 10 minutes longer.

I really don't care one way or another if its on or not. We ususally listen to Dave Wills and that's were we get to hear him. But, I will say, if you don't want to hear it then just leave. Some people may actually want to hear it after the games. What's the big deal?