PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Theoretical Question?

Tekijawa
07-23-2004, 10:43 AM
What if the CUbs have to move out of Wrigley for any period of time and have to play at A local College/University Field? What happens to the beer sales? And would the fans come if there was no booze to purchase?

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-23-2004, 10:46 AM
What if the CUbs have to move out of Wrigley for any period of time and have to play at A local College/University Field? What happens to the beer sales? And would the fans come if there was no booze to purchase?
As i like to put it..there are no such things as cubs fans. There are Wrigley Fans...So if that happened, fanage would probably go down at least 50%

CubKilla
07-23-2004, 10:50 AM
The Cubs would likely play their "home" games in Milwaukee when possible. Selig ain't gonna turn down all of that possible revenue for the Milwaukee Brewers. So alcohol sales wouldn't be an issue at Miller Park.

CubKilla
07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
As i like to put it..there are no such things as cubs fans.
There are plenty of Cub fans that are none too happy about the goings-on of the past 20 years or so of the Cubs franchise. I have many die-hard Cub fans on my soon-to-be stepmother's side of her family that I can talk baseball with till the cows come home who readily admit that if it weren't for tourists, college students looking to get drunk, and mindless sheep that believe every printed word they read and think that Wrigley is some sort of "shrine," that Wrigley would have somewhere close to 15-20,000 a game..... less than that when the Cubs aren't playing good baseball.

Not all Cub fans are there to be seen talking on their cell phone and to get drunk. Some actually live and die with the Cubs like we do with the Sox and they can care less about all the BS surrounding the Cubs. They just want to win.

MarkM2112
07-23-2004, 11:14 AM
They may end up watching the game SOBER, and actually realize how much the cubs suck! :rolleyes:

HebrewHammer
07-23-2004, 11:19 AM
The only thing that will happen is that the amount of urine on the streets of Chicago will decrease by 90&

joeynach
07-23-2004, 11:21 AM
They would probably get together and try and sell out the place and pack it in just to prove to us all that they are real fans despite what they say. But they will probably come up short losing the 20 to 30 k fans that go there everyday for the event known as wrigleyfield and a trip to wrigleyville neighborhood, oh yeah they place baseball as a backdrop there too. WIthout that they might suceed in selling out a foreign stadium a few times as they try and show us all they really do care, but if you gave it time attendance would be 20 to 25k, meaning average.

he_gone_89
07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Maybe they can pack up and play in their stadium parking lot,eh?

SoxFan76
07-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Maybe they can pack up and play in their stadium parking lot,eh?
teal not teal

StillMissOzzie
07-24-2004, 12:56 AM
As i like to put it..there are no such things as cubs fans. There are Wrigley Fans...So if that happened, fanage would probably go down at least 50%
That would probably be true for NEXT year, but what about all of the suckers who already have tickets for this year?

SMO
:gulp: