PDA

View Full Version : Third concrete chunk confirmed

MarqSox
07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/9225940.htm
CHICAGO - A Chicago Cubs employee found a third piece of concrete at Wrigley Field that apparently fell from the 90-year-old stadium's upper deck, team officials said.
After incidents on June 9 and July 16 when concrete chunks fell at different spots, a team employee on Wednesday found a fragment that was "relatively small, palm-of-your-hand" sized, said Mike Lufrano, Cubs vice president for community affairs.

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 11:16 AM
I love the symbolism of this ongoing story. :cool:

Iwritecode
07-23-2004, 12:50 PM
"relatively small, palm-of-your-hand" sized, said Mike Lufrano, Cubs vice president for community affairs.

Yet still big enough to put a pretty good sized bump on somebody's head should it happen to fall on them...

The place is falling apart. Tear it down!!!

Baby Fisk
07-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Yet still big enough to put a pretty good sized bump on somebody's head should it happen to fall on them...

The place is falling apart. Tear it down!!!Never mind that! It's time to talk contraction! :cool:

thepaulbowski
07-23-2004, 12:51 PM

The place is falling apart. Tear it down!!!
I need to go to a game and get one of the pieces to fall on me. Goodbye Job. :)

duke of dorwood
07-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey its a fact-that place blows chunks

PaleHoseGeorge
07-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Isn't it obvious what the solution to this problem is? The Cubune needs to get a big giant diaper and wrap the underside of the entire upper deck in it.

Make it a giant, smelly pee-soaked diaper and make the Flubbie fans feel right at home.

:bandance:

Railsplitter
07-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Given the fact the Cubs have understated injureis, do you thin k they m,ight be understating the damage to the Urinal?

flo-B-flo
07-23-2004, 02:19 PM

The place is falling apart. Tear it down!!! Maybe John Mellencamp can sing take me out (on a stretcher) to the ballgame. As their season goes crumbling down................ If they need any help tearing it down, I'm sure there are MANY in here that would volunteer to help.:):bandance::wink:

VA_GoGoSox
07-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I love the symbolism of this ongoing story. :cool:
Isn't it just the absolute perfect metaphor for the chubbies' season?

Uncle_Patrick
07-23-2004, 02:28 PM
I need to go to a game and get one of the pieces to fall on me. Goodbye Job. :)
My job is taking us on an outing to the Urinal next week. I'm already preparing my lawsuit.:redneck

Realist
07-23-2004, 02:50 PM
My job is taking us on an outing to the Urinal next week. I'm already preparing my lawsuit.:redneckEssential attire (http://www.sportsfanfare.com/cd-mlb-cha-hh.html), if you ask me. :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
What if someone was so drunk at wrigley that they couldnt see and while they were peeing...a huge concrete chunk flew down and KILLED the person. The cubs would be in deep s**t

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-23-2004, 03:10 PM
I can see it now..

"Cubs Fan killed at wrigley..

on to our next topic... (as long as im dreaming...) THE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE! just SWEEPING MINNESTOA! What an exciting time for this team and its 1,000,00,00,000+ Fans!"

RKMeibalane
07-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I can see it now..

"Cubs Fan killed at wrigley..

on to our next topic... (as long as im dreaming...) THE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE! just SWEEPING MINNESTOA! What an exciting time for this team and its 1,000,00,00,000+ Fans!"
Actually, I have a feeling that the headline would read something like this:

"Cubs Fan Crushed by Falling Concrete: Sabotage by Sox Fans Suspected"

PaleHoseGeorge
07-23-2004, 04:47 PM

"Cubs Fan Crushed by Falling Concrete: Sabotage by Sox Fans Suspected"Sub-headline:

Sox Fan seen fleeing the scene, holding bottle of Round Up!

sub-sub-headline:

Dead ivy watch begins!

:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-23-2004, 04:58 PM

"Cubs Fan Crushed by Falling Concrete: Sabotage by Sox Fans Suspected"
i like that one :D:

PaleHoseRon
07-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Essential attire (http://www.sportsfanfare.com/cd-mlb-cha-hh.html), if you ask me. :cool:
LOL! That is awesome! That would certainly make a statement.:D:

bigfoot
07-23-2004, 07:33 PM
The headline would be...

Sagging Sox Squeak By Twins
Win 15-0, lead by 14 games

Page 6 Metro Sec. Below the Fold

Hospitalized tourist, stoned
An Ames, Iowa man struck by an unknown known last Thursday, near the Lakeview neighborhood, passed away.
Chicago Police reports state 'there may have been the presence of alcohol' and that the victim appeared to have 'been stoned'. The authorities are awaiting the test results from the labs of Santo,Stone and Caray. Results should be available in 12-18 weeks.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-23-2004, 10:03 PM
"even though we SAW a cubs fan sabatoge the shrine..we have a feeling that a sox fan is behind it all. And we swear he will be brought to justice":giangreco

SOXPHILE
07-23-2004, 11:08 PM
:santo "So, anyway Pat, even though Sammy has struck out 3 times today, he told me he went and saw "This Old Cub", and said it was great. I think it's the best movie ever made....Wait, what's going on...is this an earthquake or something ? The upper deck is caving in !! Our press box is collapsing !!! OOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!! "

SoxFan76
07-23-2004, 11:13 PM
LOL! That is awesome! That would certainly make a statement.:D:whoa, my neighbor has that exact license plate. illinois of course, but it says the same thing.

edit, im referring to your sig