PDA

View Full Version : Kris Benson

3Pete
07-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Looks like the Twins are gonna trade for Kris Benson. I guess a radio station in the Twin Cities is reporting that they are in serious discussions, with OF Michael Restovich being the main guy the Twins would give up. Would that be that bad for the Sox?

habibharu
07-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Looks like the Twins are gonna trade for Kris Benson. I guess a radio station in the Twin Cities is reporting that they are in serious discussions, with OF Michael Restovich being the main guy the Twins would give up. Would that be that bad for the Sox? yes it would. benson has been pretty good lately. but hopefully that switch from the NL to AL will screw him up

Tekijawa
07-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Looks like the Twins are gonna trade for Kris Benson. I guess a radio station in the Twin Cities is reporting that they are in serious discussions, with OF Michael Restovich being the main guy the Twins would give up. Would that be that bad for the Sox?
Benson has a 4+ Era in the NL

Has a Career 8.44 ERA agains the sox in 1 game
Has a Career 9.95 ERA Against Boston in 1 game
a Career 10.29 Era against the tribe in 3 games
1.35 against the tigers in 1 game
5.03 against KC in 3 games
1.13 against the Angels in 1 game
7.84 against Oakland in 2 games
has never faced Texas, Yankees, or Baltimore...

Also has a 6.55 career era in domes in 10 games

I say we cheer them on in their quest for the great Kris Benson!

CHISOXFAN13
07-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Mulholland has been lights out for the Twins in the No. 5 spot the last three outings. Not sure Benson's results would be that much better than what they've gotten from the the five spot recently.

Kogs35
07-23-2004, 11:35 AM
please add the rangers to the list for the kris benson sweepstakes. they may be able one up the twins with prospects for him

3Pete
07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
please add the rangers to the list for the kris benson sweepstakes. they may be able one up the twins with prospects for him
I don't think the Rangers can "outgive" the Twins as far as prospects. Everyone has been saying the Twins have the absolute most big time prospects in the game. It depends on how much the Twins want to give.

Jjav829
07-23-2004, 11:39 AM
It's obviously not good for the Sox. But I don't know that it makes them favorites to win the division.

oeo
07-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Benson has a 4+ Era in the NL

Has a Career 8.44 ERA agains the sox in 1 game
Has a Career 9.95 ERA Against Boston in 1 game
a Career 10.29 Era against the tribe in 3 games
1.35 against the tigers in 1 game
5.03 against KC in 3 games
1.13 against the Angels in 1 game
7.84 against Oakland in 2 games
has never faced Texas, Yankees, or Baltimore...

Also has a 6.55 career era in domes in 10 games

I say we cheer them on in their quest for the great Kris Benson!
Wow, he's going to get killed in the AL. That's just the guy you want out there against the Rangers and Yanks.

duke of dorwood
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
We will pound him-

duke of dorwood
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Just dont let me see his wife in a Twins thong

SoxxoS
07-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Just dont let me see his wife in a Twins thong
She can wear whatever she wants. Holy crap she is hot.

Paulwny
07-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Add to the list, from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Among those eyeballing Kris Benson on Wednesday were scouts from the Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels and San Francisco Giants. Also, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the Chicago Cubs sent their top scout to the game.

skobabe8
07-24-2004, 06:13 AM
She can wear whatever she wants. Holy crap she is hot.

Who is she???????

Erik The Red
07-24-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.annabenson.net/

OEO Magglio
07-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Bensons numbers aren't great but as of late he's been dominant. Hopefully if he goes to the Twins he'll get hammered in the american league but I'm not so sure of that.

kojak
07-24-2004, 03:45 PM
She can wear whatever she wants. Holy crap she is hot. She looks like an Ice Princess.

With a nice set of icebergs, though.

Reminds me of a poster I once saw with a gorgeous babe in a swimsuit.
The caption read "She is beautiful. She is rich. And somewhere there is a guy
that is sick and tired of putting up with her ****"

Paulwny
07-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Form the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Like contestants in a poker tournament, suitors of Kris Benson will be going all in sometime this week. General Manager Dave Littlefield is prepared to sit back until the 4 p.m. trading deadline Saturday to see who puts up the biggest stack of chips in the form of players.
Will it be the Texas Rangers, who appeared to be the best fit before pitcher Ricardo Rodriguez was lost for the season with a broken elbow last week? Or the Anaheim Angels, who have expressed late interest? Or the New York Mets, Minnesota Twins, San Francisco Giants, Philadelphia Phillies or any other contender looking for a starting pitcher, a commodity in big demand and short supply?

Flight #24
07-25-2004, 02:15 PM
She looks like an Ice Princess.

With a nice set of icebergs, though.

Reminds me of a poster I once saw with a gorgeous babe in a swimsuit.
The caption read "She is beautiful. She is rich. And somewhere there is a guy
that is sick and tired of putting up with her ****"
She's a freak too. There's an interview with her where she talks about how much is bugs her that Kris doesn't believe in sex before he pitches, and howafter his starts, they often have to pull over on the way home because she can't wait. Also how they have a "hobby" of seeing how many cities they can "hug" in.

Also, a friend of mine from Pittsburgh told there's rumors around town about how she's......good for clubhouse chemistry among the unmarried players, not so much among the wives of married players......

depy48
07-25-2004, 09:06 PM
yes it would. benson has been pretty good lately. but hopefully that switch from the NL to AL will screw him up
it didnt screw up todd ritchie

SoxxoS
07-26-2004, 10:18 AM
She's a freak too. There's an interview with her where she talks about how much is bugs her that Kris doesn't believe in sex before he pitches, and howafter his starts, they often have to pull over on the way home because she can't wait. Also how they have a "hobby" of seeing how many cities they can "hug" in.

Also, a friend of mine from Pittsburgh told there's rumors around town about how she's......good for clubhouse chemistry among the unmarried players, not so much among the wives of married players......
[Old School] You know what the odds are of finding a girl as sexually enlightened as she is? [/Old School]

twinsuck1
07-26-2004, 07:11 PM
The Score's George Offman just reported the Twinkies are close to getting a deal done for Chris Benson?? Anyone else hear this?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
It's being discussed to death in Talking Baseball.

CPditka
07-26-2004, 07:38 PM
I think the Sox are really missing out, they could get Benson for the short term and Kendall as their long term catcher, something after Miguel was traded, we desperately need. We could even try to sign Benson and have Mark, Freddy, and Kris locked up.

Damn