PDA

View Full Version : Manos says what we all knew.

Jerry_Manuel
09-28-2001, 05:11 PM
From the SouthTown:
By beating Minnesota 9-3 in their home finale at Comiskey Park on Thursday, the White Sox climbed to a season-high seven games above .500 and moved into a second-place tie with the Twins in the American League Central.

That's an accomplishment for a team that was 14-29 on May 23.

"This is what kind of (ticks) me off," Sox infielder Jose Valentin said. "We didn't realize what could have happened early on. We kept saying, 'It's early, it's early, early.' Before we realized it, it was too late.

"I hope this taught us a lesson. We had better come to spring training next year and be ready to do it from spring training on."

"If we could have just played better against Minnesota, who knows where we could have been right now," Valentin said. "It's just too bad. We wasted time. Early in the year, we were playing like we didn't care. The chemistry, the fire wasn't there. Now, with nine games left we're finding out what we should have been.

"It's too late now to realize the damage we should have been doing."

Spiff
09-28-2001, 05:48 PM
Well at least they're not blind.

RichieRichAllen
09-28-2001, 06:25 PM
You know....it's that kind of honesty and leadership that makes me think that regardless of where Jose plays (position-wise) next year, he's an asset. This guy is a gamer and a winner. My question is......can he catch (as in play the catcher position)?

FarWestChicago
09-28-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
You know....it's that kind of honesty and leadership that makes me think that regardless of where Jose plays (position-wise) next year, he's an asset. This guy is a gamer and a winner.I know I am not supposed to say anything positive about Manos because it might offend certain people, but I can't help it. Manos is a gamer. He has one gear--flat out. I bet his errors absolutely tear him up inside when he makes them. But, he's a stand up guy. You'll never hear him make excuses.

KempersRS
09-28-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I know I am not supposed to say anything positive about Manos because it might offend certain people, but I can't help it.

Have you checked your sig recently? :)

FarWestChicago
09-28-2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Have you checked your sig recently?I always said I would not give up the signature I have had since April.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-28-2001, 06:43 PM
I always said I would not give up the signature I have had since April.

Don't sweat it, West. We gave Clayton equal time by placing him on the Clubhouse header, LOL!

(Nice job by Scott Armstrong on that one, BTW).

Daver
09-28-2001, 06:57 PM

Kemper wants me to change mine too,but how can you add or subtract from the honesty that is my sig?

Spiff
09-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by daver

Kemper wants me to change mine too,but how can you add or subtract from the honesty that is my sig?

Actually you could grill it w/o killing it, but it'd be really messy. :)

KempersRS
09-28-2001, 07:04 PM

Don't worry West, your sig is great, Manos truly is the man.

KempersRS
09-28-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by daver

Lol, I didn't want it to change, I just thought it needed something added to it...What could that be?

Daver
09-28-2001, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Lol, I didn't want it to change, I just thought it needed something added to it...What could that be?

I don't remember.
But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
09-28-2001, 07:09 PM
Daver have you ever thought about adding something like "Fire Nardi" to your signature?