PDA

View Full Version : Loiaza

South Side
07-23-2004, 02:03 AM
Loiaza has had what, 2-3 bad outings in a row? He needs to go out there and have a quality outing... He needs to step it up tomorrow and shut the Tigers down. If he doesn't, I think it's time a "Loiaz Foes" <--- bad, I know! :redface: (pronounced: Lowes)
be put into effect. I'm in the mood for a good long winning streak. Do it!

StockdaleForVeep
07-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Loiaza has had what, 2-3 bad outings in a row? He needs to go out there and have a quality outing... He needs to step it up tomorrow and shut the Tigers down. If he doesn't, I think it's time a "Loiaz Foes" <--- bad, I know! :redface: (pronounced: Lowes)
be put into effect. I'm in the mood for a good long winning streak. Do it!

Its just a funk, buehrle had been strugglin his past few starts and then got it back together. Or maybe mark is just terrified when pitching in the AL coors field....his era at home sure does reflect it.

34 Inch Stick
07-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Look at the current numbers compared to his career numbers. He is doing what he has always done (except for last year). This is no fluke. I will expect inconsistency the rest of the year, a little over .500 record and an ERA over 4.5.

Iguana775
07-23-2004, 08:32 AM
hopefully once he gets his head out of his rectum and pitched like he did last year, he will be fine. Pitch in, pitch out, and pitch fast. Take as little time as possible between pitches.

Chez
07-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Sunday's start in Oakland was by no means "bad." If he throws 7 innings and gives up 4 runs each start (like Sunday) he'll (and we'll) be fine.

wdelaney72
07-23-2004, 09:05 AM
His problem seems to be not being able to run away with a lead provided by the offense. Every time the offense puts the team up by a run or two, that next inning, he gives it back to the opponent.

Either Loaiza or Garland REALLY need to step up. Unit is a long shot which we cant' start on. We need a solid third pitcher if we expect to make the playoffs and advance.

Winning 3-0 against the Tribe was EXACTLY what we needed. We need more wins like that.

jabrch
07-23-2004, 09:09 AM
His problem seems to be not being able to run away with a lead provided by the offense. Every time the offense puts the team up by a run or two, that next inning, he gives it back to the opponent.

Either Loaiza or Garland REALLY need to step up. Unit is a long shot which we cant' start on. We need a solid third pitcher if we expect to make the playoffs and advance.

Winning 3-0 against the Tribe was EXACTLY what we needed. We need more wins like that.
Garland has been solid - 9 ER in his last 4 starts (27 IP) for a 3.00 ERA. 11 BB to 14 Ks, 3 HR, not bad at all. If he keeps that up, and Esteban pitches at about that same level, with our offense, we will win a lot of games.

hold2dibber
07-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I think the Sox could make the playoffs with the rotation pitching at its current level (i.e., Garcia and Buehrle very good, Garland pretty good, Loaiza mediocre and Schoenweiss okay for a 5th starter). But to actually win in the playoffs, I agree that they'd need Garland or Loaiza to improve substantially.

bartmanisgod
07-23-2004, 11:39 AM
I wonder if Esty's recent struggles have been due to the fact he hasnt been throwing to Olivo... Mo and Esty were probably the two closest on the team, and if you take away that comfort zone you probably lose confidence in your abilities and in the calls the catcher is making Loaiza has been struggling since Olivo left....

Jjav829
07-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Is Loiaza teammates with Valentine, Rowland, and Rausch?

Jerko
07-23-2004, 11:43 AM
He doesn't seem to struggle until the Sox score. Then he seems to get an air of "invincibility" around him because the Sox have the lead and he winds up giving up runs in droves right after the Sox score. That's when you're supposed to shut down the other team and stick it to em, not let them back in the game.

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Is Loiaza teammates with Valentine, Rowland, and Rausch?

No. Rausch was traded for Evert.

JB98
07-23-2004, 12:25 PM
I wonder if Esty's recent struggles have been due to the fact he hasnt been throwing to Olivo... Mo and Esty were probably the two closest on the team, and if you take away that comfort zone you probably lose confidence in your abilities and in the calls the catcher is making Loaiza has been struggling since Olivo left....
Nah. Loaiza has only one quality start since June 1. He was pitching poorly well before Olivo left. When Miguel was catching, him and Esteban were good for at least one conference on the mound every half inning. They were on the same page last year, but I'm not sure that was the case earlier this season.

Soxzilla
07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Don't forget kash.

SoxxoS
07-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I heard Olivio was a solid catcher for us...

Let's just hope Esty's dead arm is on the mend. He needs that extra pickup in his velocity, he said it himself.

Yomarei
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
"Call me 'Chris' one more time..."

"Chris."

*slam*

BoKnowsSox
07-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Loaiza is currently pitching like the Sox 5th Starter. Let's hope he gets his cutter back in time for the stretch run.

PorkChopExpress
07-23-2004, 02:35 PM
"Call me 'Chris' one more time..."

"Chris."

*slam*
That was awesome. I loved seeing that antagonist get what he deserved.