PDA

View Full Version : Sox fan at Scrubs Message board


HootieMcBoob
09-28-2001, 05:02 PM
I was looking for something to laugh at (cub fans whining about choking, etc.) at their message board and i came across this post by a cub fan:

I just read this article from Sullie. I wonder where all these "Classy" Sux fans were earlier in the year when they were cheering like Philadelphia sports fans when Steve Woodard looked to be seriously injured. Or when Ray Durham yelled every profane word in the english dictionary to the first base umpire that same night . And lets not forget about the racial slurs directed at Sammy from the right field section at Comsh*tskey Park.
Sox fans and class go about as well together as peanut butter and ham.

Sullivans Article

then someone w/ the name "SoxFan" countered w/ this:

Hey moron, you try to say Sox fans aren't classly and then proceed to use the word "Sux" multiple times. What's that considered? Oh, maybe for a Cub fan that's okay I guess, huh? And were you at the game when the "Sux" fans were so-called cheering when Steve Woodard got hit by a Frank Thomas line drive? Probably not. Well I was and let me clarify that the fans weren't cheering that an opposing player got hurt.....they were cheering because most people thought the ball was going to be caught and then when they realized it wasn't and was going to go for a base hit, THAT'S why they were cheering. Once everyone realized what happened the cheering stopped. In fact, many people went into the concession stands to see the replays and were in awe when they saw what actually happened. However, the un-classy "Sux" fans did cheer for Woodard when he was being brought off the field.
As for Ray Durham mouthing off to an umpire, give me a friggin' break. You see players get into it with umps every other day. And do not tell me that Cub fans weren't giving Sox fans hell when they played at Wrigley Field.

You want to talk about classless fans, how about Wrigley fans littering the field multiple times in the last few years when a call didn't go the Cubs' way. Or when Cub fans were cheering when one of the other morons stole Chad Kreuter's hat.

Why don't you start worrying about your team choking down the stretch and stop worrying about what the Sox are doing. Yet, how many times have we read on this board that it's only the Sox fans that always concern themselves with the Cubs. What a joke.

I wanted to know who "SoxFan" is b/c he said he's posted @ WSI before. I liked what u said whoever it was

ps - peanut butter and ham....that was worse than one of my dad's jokes

Spiff
09-28-2001, 05:46 PM
Damn he showed him alright.

GASHWOUND
09-28-2001, 06:00 PM
Which Chubs board was this? I got to see this for myself.

HootieMcBoob
09-28-2001, 08:09 PM
it is:

www.thecubbiebunker.com

click message boards

but you must register to view the board....my name is WrigleyTheUrinal.

it's the 1st forum under message boards and there are plenty of good laughs......

GASHWOUND
09-28-2001, 10:30 PM
Man, I don't if this was a coincidence, but I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach while I was reading the posts. All I read was cheese and more cheese. I saw the post you mentioned and I almost vomited...almost. I saw a post by Cubsgirl and she was like..."I'm so proud of our cubbies, even though they won't make the playoffs they played hard and nobody expected them to do anything"

Wow, their proud of a team of chokers. Ain't that something to be poud off.I was slapped in the face with cubbie-wubbie love. They would get eaten alive by us if even 1 of them attempted to come on here and make discouraging remarks. Their afraid. thats why they won't or don't come on here. It was really pitaful. Yuk!

Soxheads
09-28-2001, 11:41 PM
lets all sign up and overthroe the scrub board-my name CubSuck

FarWestChicago
09-28-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
lets all sign up and overthroe the scrub board-my name CubSuck Let's not. You will not use this place as a base of operations for attacking other boards.

Soxheads
09-28-2001, 11:45 PM
didnt plan on it, just wanted to have some fun.

sorry fwc

PaleHoseGeorge
09-29-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
didnt plan on it, just wanted to have some fun.
sorry fwc

The dolt who runs that site was repeatedly caught trolling this board when we were both part of Rivals. For all the whining about how we are supposedly "Cubs obsessed", he and his army of urchins still monitor things here on a regular basis (Hi, Steve!).

The best part of leaving Rivals was leaving trolls like him in our dust. Leave him and his pee-soaked friends to play in their catbox.

I don't care what is going on at his stupid site or any Cubs site. Please leave WSI out of this.

If you want to troll, I suggest the ESPN's Cubs board. You'll get more views and far greater response.

GASHWOUND
09-29-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Let's not. You will not use this place as a base of operations for attacking other boards.

He's right. If that would to have happen then all the sCrub fans would come on here and register and then all HELL would break loose. The board would not be the same and it would discourage others from returning. CHAOS! Not a good thing. What would have to happen is someone out there could set up a MB thats only there for smack talking.THE SOX VS CUBS Messageboard! But don't look at me, I'm computer illiterate. I can't even figure out how to use the SpellChek? I know, its pitaful

CLR01
09-29-2001, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Let's not. You will not use this place as a base of operations for attacking other boards.


"We will smoke them out, we will put up wanted posters with 25 million dollar rewards. "

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/17/bush.powell.terrorism/story.bush.mon.jpg

LongDistanceFan
09-29-2001, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Man, I don't if this was a coincidence, but I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach while I was reading the posts. All I read was cheese and more cheese. I saw the post you mentioned and I almost vomited...almost. I saw a post by Cubsgirl and she was like..."I'm so proud of our cubbies, even though they won't make the playoffs they played hard and nobody expected them to do anything"

Wow, their proud of a team of chokers. Ain't that something to be poud off.I was slapped in the face with cubbie-wubbie love. They would get eaten alive by us if even 1 of them attempted to come on here and make discouraging remarks. Their afraid. thats why they won't or don't come on here. It was really pitaful. Yuk! the irony of this is that we refuse to accept less of our own team, in addition we hang our own player to be evaluated by us..... which is to win. We accept nothing less....... that is my take on us fans here......... we don't sugar coat it.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


The dolt who runs that site was repeatedly caught trolling this board when we were both part of Rivals. For all the whining about how we are supposedly "Cubs obsessed", he and his army of urchins still monitor things here on a regular basis (Hi, Steve!).

The best part of leaving Rivals was leaving trolls like him in our dust. Leave him and his pee-soaked friends to play in their catbox.

I don't care what is going on at his stupid site or any Cubs site. Please leave WSI out of this.

If you want to troll, I suggest the ESPN's Cubs board. You'll get more views and far greater response.

May I chime in here and give big ups to PHG, FWC, CLR, etc. who have helped shape WSI into the great, well-functioning site that it is (especially compared to sites like Cubbiebunker, which still craps out my browser when I view it). I admit that those first few baby steps when WSI separated itself from Rivals were pretty brutal (I didn't like the cartooney look of the place at all), but since then, you've added MUCH functionality and fun (love the variety of tags) to this site, and I really enjoy coming here, even when I don't post. You've left sites like Cubbiebunker in the dust as being a great gathering ground for sports fans.

Thanks, guys. I do appreciate the work, time and $ that goes into this place.

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
May I chime in here and give big ups to PHG, FWC, CLR, etc. who have helped shape WSI into the great, well-functioning site that it is.

Thanks cheeses, I'm going to have to change my name so I can get 3 initials like PHG,FWC, and CLR so people will remember me.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2001, 12:04 PM
Jerry, what sort of work do you do on the site? I thought you just posted.

Sorry about the omission. Who else works on this site?

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, what sort of work do you do on the site? I thought you just posted.

Sorry about the omission. Who else works on this site?

No Cheeses I did a lot of work while WSI was at rivals to. Then I went away for awhile and now I have made a comeback. I have my own mini site at WSI. On the main page look on the right side of your screen and you will see "Ian Martin's SOX DRAWER!" that's me. I also do some other odds and ends from time to time, for example on the main page you see we have the "you be the Sox GM" and under that is the responses from you guys. I put the responses together.

You don't have to be sorry. I'm like the Tony Graffanino of WSI, you really don't notice I'm here. As for who else works here while reading messages look under people's names. Like you have the "I support WSI" others have "WSI Staff". Scott Armstrong who is "ihatethecubs" does most of the graphics you see on WSI.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2001, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Like you have the "I support WSI" others have "WSI Staff".

Well, duh, there it is, right under me own eyes! Never noticed that before.

Yeah, I'm one observant guy...



:moron

Unlike me, Cheeses, you anti-patriotic, xenophobic piece of scum.

LongDistanceFan
09-29-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, what sort of work do you do on the site? I thought you just posted.

Sorry about the omission. Who else works on this site? jerry who???????

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
jerry who???????

Me.

CLR01
09-29-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Thanks cheeses, I'm going to have to change my name so I can get 3 initials like PHG,FWC, and CLR so people will remember me.


Dont Bother Jer, i have the three 3 letter name and people are always forgeting about me, (ie. IWC leaving me out of his post and FWC giving my props to daver.) Now if you change it to Pink Elephantiasis or Green Chocolate Chicken Licker people might remember.

FarWestChicago
09-29-2001, 04:04 PM
FWC giving my props to daver Why do I get the feeling I'll never live that one down? :)

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Dont Bother Jer, i have the three 3 letter name and people are always forgeting about me, (ie. IWC leaving me out of his post and FWC giving my props to daver.) Now if you change it to Pink Elephantiasis or Green Chocolate Chicken Licker people might remember.

Interesting ideas CLR but I'll stick with what I have for now.

Daver
09-29-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Why do I get the feeling I'll never live that one down?

Did I miss someting?

But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
09-29-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
Did I miss someting?


I guess CLR did or said something that was good and West gave props to you thinking it was you who said it. When in reality it was CLR.