PDA

View Full Version : WSCR: Structural concerns surrounding Wrigley Field's bleachers

Viva Magglio
07-22-2004, 09:30 PM
In the Score's 9:20 update, Joe Bartosch mentioned "sources tell the Score" that there are concerns about the structural condition of Wrigley Field's bleachers. Perhaps things may be worse than first thought, even though I saw Andy MacPhail (or McFail, as Murph would say) claim along the lines that the only issue is falling concrete and that the structure of the ballpark is strong.

Stay tuned.

cheeses_h_rice
07-22-2004, 09:42 PM
:windsock:

"Everyone knows the cool place to be is U.S. Cellular Field."

Cubbiesuck13
07-22-2004, 09:43 PM
injuries to pitchers are covered up; i am not suprised if it turns out the stadium has injuries that are covered up to.

Kogs35
07-22-2004, 10:31 PM
this is becoming a soap oprea these are the days of our cubs

thepaulbowski
07-23-2004, 07:39 AM
In the Score's 9:20 update, Joe Bartosch mentioned "sources tell the Score" that there are concerns about the structural condition of Wrigley Field's bleachers. Perhaps things may be worse than first thought, even though I saw Andy MacPhail (or McFail, as Murph would say) claim along the lines that the only issue is falling concrete and that the structure of the ballpark is strong.

Stay tuned.
If this is true, hopfully things will be done to take care of the situation. Last thing I want to see is something give out or collapse with people around. (Like what happened at Yankee Stadium, except with people involved.)

kjhanson
07-23-2004, 09:08 AM
It was also earlier reported on the Score that they have known about this problem for a while, including the severity of it. They're just now finally letting it be known because of everything else that has happened around the ballpark.

This is a classless organization from top to bottom. The fans (and I'm talking real fans, not the jag bag types) deserve better than this. They've been kept in the dark on trade injuries from the front office, their players and manager have been constantly embarassing them and now this.

As for the other "fans", hopefully they get what they deserve too. And that would be a complete tearing down and starting over of Wrigley.

It all makes me laugh though.

cheeses_h_rice
07-23-2004, 09:56 AM
And doesn't it just warm your hearts knowing exactly how much **** Flub fans would throw in our faces if all this stuff happened at the Cell? Lordy, we'd never hear the end of it.

*gets popcorn, adjusts his seat*

Blob
07-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Before they inspected the park yesteday an employee found another fallen piece of conrete as well.

fuzzy_patters
07-23-2004, 10:57 AM
It cannot be good for the concrete to be heated. That could be part of the problem with all the hot air emitted by Saint Dustiny and The Farns.

ma-gaga
07-23-2004, 05:53 PM
It cannot be good for the concrete to be heated. That could be part of the problem with all the hot air emitted by Saint Dustiny and The Farns.
Good lord. The field has been there for 90 years. If they haven't been doing regular maintenance of the structure/bleachers, they are idiots. Concrete is just fine heated and froze as long as it is "air-entrained".

It's pretty funny though. "Their whole team is falling apart!??!"

:gulp: